Forums

Tail lights on with just parking lights

Tail lights on with just parking lights

Hi All,

This is dumb, but I’ve been unable to verify if the tail lights are illuminated when only the parking lights are on (manually). When I turn the parking lights on and get out of the car to check, the tail lights are lit. But they’re shown as unlit on the visualizer (whereas lit when the headlights are on). I can’t tell if they’re turning off once I’m back in the car. :)

Most importantly I hope they actually are on, and it’s just the visualizer that’s wrong (in which case it should be fixed to show them accurately). If they’re not actually on, I’d like to petition Tesla to also enable them when the parking lights are on.

emf4dgs | October 18, 2019

Visualizer is wrong; taillights remain on with parking lights selected. I verified this with a second person watching while I sat in the car and switched light selections. I agree that visualizer should show this.

I'd also like the ability for parking lights to remain on when exiting the car, possibly with an option for them to switch off after a time.

emf4dgs | October 18, 2019

Correction: parking lights now DO stay on when leaving the car (this includes "signature" daytime running lights). I'm glad Tesla fixed this; the parking lights would not stay on after exit when I last tested this in July.

EVRider | October 18, 2019

There’s no reason for the visualizer to show tail lights except when braking.