Forums

Service center says you haven’t got V10 and we will never know when!!!

Service center says you haven’t got V10 and we will never know when!!!

I took my car twice to SC to install v10, first time the guy said im gonna push it and send it over air to your car. Nothing happened and that yellow arrow on top right corner disappered (and never came back). I took the car last night around 10 pm in front of the SC to connect the car to wifi (it wont connect to anywhere else due to extremely poor reception), and unsuccessful!

Took the car now again, and they checked they said” you dont have V10 yet! And we’ll never know when you will have it”. Is this a correct statement? How come a firmware can be car specefic? Some cars get it and some dont? Im really pissed right now I paid $6.4k accidentally yesterday and I dont even have summon or autopark! All I got is an autolane change and that’s it! All I was hoping was maybe update can help this waste of money on FSD would be justified a little bit!

Magic 8 Ball | October 19, 2019

Weird, Autopark and Summon were on my car way before I got V10.

rehutton777 | October 19, 2019

You are discussing 2 different issues. Regarding your "waste of money on FSD", did you discuss your mistake and Right of Recission for the $6K "mistake" with Tesla? Seems to me you are legally entitiled to cancel that purchase within 3 daysif it was truly not intended and was accidental. Or do you secretly really not mind spending the $6K and just want to moan a little? Regarding SC experience and not getting V.10, doesn't sound like we're getting the whole story. I can't believe they would not push it to you at the SC if you still don't have it.

amirhnaimi | October 19, 2019

There is a summon that only moves car fwd and backward! No come to me option

There is a summon that only moves car fwd and backward! No come to me option

@rehutton777 I was thinking to buy it and was evaluating it. I accidentally hit purchase and I at least expected a verification or are you sure message and etc! Nothing happened and purchase went thru. Now I’m totally unsatisfied w service and might dispute because I dont even have automatic parking or smart summon! They dont even bother to help to upgrade the firmware! Why would I not dispute or cancel the order?

@rehutton777 I was thinking to buy it and was evaluating it. I accidentally hit purchase and I at least expected a verification or are you sure message and etc! Nothing happened and purchase went thru. Now I’m totally unsatisfied w service and might dispute because I dont even have automatic parking or smart summon! They dont even bother to help to upgrade the firmware! Why would I not dispute or cancel the order?

Hp.1193 | October 19, 2019

How in the world does someone in 2019 accidentally purchase something for $6.4k. Blows my mind.

slingshot18 | October 19, 2019

Ok. Wait or cancel.

@hp.1193 Why dont you try and see it yourself? just hit buy, next thing you see is summon added to your phone! In a matter of second! ZERO CONFIRMATION

@hp.1193 Why dont you try and see it yourself? just hit buy, next thing you see is summon added to your phone! In a matter of second! ZERO CONFIRMATION

Joshan | October 19, 2019

smh

I have the full package so I couldn't try. Did they not ask for CC info or was that saved?

I had CC saved when I paid $2500 for the initial down payment. But question is a $6400 purchase shouldn’t have some sort of confirmation, authentication or verification? It just happened by a click!

Bighorn | October 19, 2019

There are remedies for stupidity that don't include making yourself a public laughing stock.

Tesla2018 | October 19, 2019

I went to the site on my phone and tried to see what a 35K base car would cost as compsred to mine when tbey first introduced them
The site said BUY and let you configure and didnt offer confirmation or a submit button or even confirmation of my credit card number. SincexI alreafy had a credit card on file for when I bougjt my car, they charged it for a down payment. Called Tesla and it took them almost 2 months to refund me. Other people also posted they had the same thing since the we site was acting wierd on mobile apps. Tesla rep said they had a lot of complaints. Make sure you arent logged in when looking at making a purchase, since you dont want to accidently get charged.

@bighorn did you really have to comment here? If you can’t help you dont need come here and insulting . Let me tc of my stupidity by myself you genius.

calvin940 | October 19, 2019

@amirhnaimi

Software gets rolled out in queues/groups in some sequence we have no insight into. Sometimes some owners are in the initial set of rollouts others are in later queues. I have gotten some updates right at their initial release, sometimes later. It's no big deal really. They will eventually get installed on your car. Now occasionally, an owner reports some issues with the software delivery or install . Usually a visit to an SC will resolve it but other times it takes more involvement. It's not common but does happen.

Try leaving it alone for another period of time and see what happens . If it doesn't resolve, then take another stab at resolving it manually by getting an appointment at Tesla.

Your non related mistaken purchase is well something you caused. You hit buy. I don't hit buy unless I want to buy. You can try to speak with them to cancel your purchase .

Not sure why you clicked "next" involving a $6.4k purchase.

jjgunn | October 19, 2019

For "Come to me" option.....

1) You must have V10 on your car.
2) Your Tesla App must be version 3.10.0

Set your car to "Advanced" under the software option in the car. Connect to WiFi. Wait for it.

I updated a Model S rental to V10 with AP2 the other day.

Everyone gets it. Stop being so dramatic

Lolol jjgunn, did you read anything before posting your reply?

No - haha

Nice

@hp.1193 For instance on amazon you hit buy it now, then you’ll directed to another page that shows the information regarding your purchase and THEN you CONFIRMING it. Maybe You want to use another card or another address , As simple as that. That’s the general norm of buying online. Not just by hitting buy and litteraly 10 sec later see summon on app!

I would have taken Bighorns advice. But I am glad you are not, its more entertaining to watch you self implode.

Lol ok but you had a SAVED cc on file. You do know amazon has one-click option (saved cc and address) which is the equivalent ?

Tesla2018 | October 19, 2019

It might be something with the mobile site. When I tried it the same day that I had the problem, then tried it on the website on a work computer it showed my credit card info and asked me to confirm. You would think that since Elon invented Paypal that he, would have website designers that knew how to set up an online ordering system that would work . Fudsters said the error in my case and others was so that they could show additional cashflow from the incorrectly charged deposits and inflate the numbers of anticipated deliverys for the end of the quarter which would have been a major SEC violation. But deposit money isnt added into revenue and it only happenned on mobile apps.

When Elon said you can purchase in under 2 min, man he wasn’t lying lol.

stebo1 | October 19, 2019

Geez I was excited to get v10 as well but I never even considered buying FSD to try and get Netflix. I mean v10 is cool and all but not $6400 worth of cool

Ppl argue about the price of FSD, which rolls out features over time. But then there are ICE manufactures that charge like 5k just for a surround sound system and/or many other add-one that are in the 4-6k range. Nothing close to what FSD offers/will offer.

stebo1 | October 19, 2019

Agreed, it is an add on - just like any other add on (tires, wheels, gps, etc). The great part about Tesla is that you can add on when you are ready! You might pay more, you might pay less, but either way it is the owner’s choice. Eventually it will come standard but it is still beta and the right thing to do is let people choose. I chose to wait because I don’t need it, can’t afford it, and really love driving! I don’t want a robot driving my Tesla, if I wanted someone else to drive I would take the train or an Uber :)

well said HP.1193 just the Navigation in my Acura was like 5k. That's free in a Tesla... I use FSD literally 90% of the time I am driving. Its worth every cent I paid.

sleitl | October 19, 2019

You do know you need the updated Tesla app on your phone for you to see the new update.

The old app doesn’t show the features.

@sleitl I have the latest version. I dont see such thing anywhere in the app. Searched litteraly more than 10 times, so far.

@sleitl I have the latest version. I dont see such thing anywhere in the app. Searched litteraly more than 10 times, so far.

lilbean | October 19, 2019

Summon is mad at their own stupidity.

So you know you need to have V10 for the advanced summon and you know you do not have V10 on the car yet so what are you looking for on the app again?

@magic 8 ball autopark

@magic 8 ball autopark

Autopark does not show up in the app, AFAIK.

Lolol

I didn’t say with app. I dont have those things for autopark on the car screen. All added is NoA. Also, i watched videos for summon (enhanced?) long ago before V10 comes out. I thought they gonna be there no matter 10 or 9. I Didn’t know it requires V10.

Okay, now you know you need V10 for advanced summon. If you have NOA you most likely have autopark. I have never used autopark in our Tesla but from what I have read it takes practice to get the car to display the icon letting you know it detects a spot to autopark in. Can you find a video or screenshot that shows "those things for autopark on the car screen" that you can't see?

I tried 2 or 3 times none of these happened.

https://youtu.be/hu-7WzUPn_o

maybe Tesla technician is right and it’ll take a while to show up!

A few tries is not enough to start making claims of 'broken'. Try many more times at different speeds and distances from parking spots.

@magic 8 ball so I paid this much for a list of features which are available, but I need to try “many more time” to make sure it’s there and not broken? If this is the case, we are light years away from “FSD”! Lol

You “accidentally” purchased something for $6.4k. Something isn’t adding up so please don’t take your experience and use that to evaluate FSD. You and your car prob needs serviced :)

Sorry you are so disappointed but..................

Yeah disappointed but what are the options? None.

Yeah disappointed but what are the options? None.

Pages