Forums

Auto door open on approach not working

Auto door open on approach not working

Hi all. So I’m a new Tesla owner, purchased a used Model X, and so far, I have to say that even though it is a used vehicle, its still light years better than any other brand new one I could have bought, so I couldn’t be happier.

Question I have though, I went through the vehicle options and turned on what I believe is the option to automatically open the doors when you approach, but its not working. Am I missing something?

Thank you all for your help.

kamran.azadi | October 20, 2019

Sorry I meant its light years ahead of any brand new vehicle that isn’t a Tesla :)

info | October 20, 2019

The sensors that pick up your approach to the drivers door are located in the center of the falcon door on the same side of the car. They are affixed to the inner door with an adhesive. Those 3 sensors could have become dislodged and are not picking up your approach to the car. Try to listen for maybe a rattle in the falcon door when you open it.

kamran.azadi | October 20, 2019

I don’t think that’s the problem, because the falcon doors don’t have any trouble identifying when an object is too close to safely open the doors, so if it can detect me for example, standing in front of the door and not open, why cant it detect my approach to open the drivers door?

freemarket | October 20, 2019

@kamram.azadi congrats on the new used MX. I just picked up a new MX 3 weeks ago and have had the same issue. If you search the forum a few pages back you’ll find a similar post regarding the same topic. It includes some tips for resetting the MCU. I did not have any luck and feel it may have been an issue related to the V10 OTA update. I have a service Ranger coming Tuesday to check it out. If you find the reset options in the other post, use your Tesla app to schedule service and you should get a Ranger out to your area to check it ASAP. It should work for you and I loved it for the few days I had it working!

freemarket | October 20, 2019

I meant to say, “ If you find the reset options in the other post and that doesn’t work, use the Tesla app and schedule service....”

jjgunn | October 21, 2019

Had the same issue. Only thing I've ever had to fix.

Control panel in your armrest controls the self-presenting doors.

Make a service Appointment. Most likely Tesla Mobile Service will come over & replace it for you -- under warranty of course. Also, make sure you give the tech BOTH key fobs so they can re-key your car. Takes like 20 minutes to fix.