Forums

How to check supercharger miles expiration date

How to check supercharger miles expiration date

Is there a way to check exactly what date your free supercharger referral miles expire?

I’m wondering because it’s somewhat unclear to me whether my free miles will expire after 6 months or not. I’ve read some posts that say they don’t expire and others that say the miles expire after 6 months.

Tesla has changed the referral program so many times that it seems that the terms and conditions of the award miles may apply differently to different people depending on when the referral miles were awarded.

Joshan | October 30, 2019

it is in the account area of the Tesla web portal. It will show the month and year.

MYWBear | October 30, 2019

I see the month and year of when the referral was awarded in the account area. But, I don’t see an expiration date. Am I missing something? Thanks.

mine expired so I cannot post mine any longer. It now says this.

Supercharging Status
Pay Per Use Supercharging

Previously it said
Supercharging Status
Free Supercharging until July 2019

MYWBear | October 30, 2019

Thanks. I believe that the original message you had referred to your initial 6 months of free supercharging after purchase. Is that correct?

I’m trying to determine if my referral award miles has an expiration date. It seems as though some people have referral awards that do expire. But, I’m not sure that applies to everyone’s award referral miles. In my case, I don’t recall any information at the time my miles were awarded about an expiration date.

Iwantmy3 | October 30, 2019

I would love to have an answer to this as well. I can see in my account when the award began. I don't see anything about when it might expire. Does it expire after 6 months?

Hop into chat and ask them. Let us know the result!

Iwantmy3 | October 30, 2019

Similarly, in my loot box on my phone it shows that I still have ~4700 km of Free supercharging remaining. There is no indication of an expiration date.

p_dahlgren | October 30, 2019

I ordered my M3P through my friend's referral link and the free SC referral miles at that time was 5K. My car was delivered on 5/3/2019, so soon the 6 month presumed expiration time will be passed (Nov. 3). I will post info about if I will have to pay for SC after that date or later. I have only used 1500 miles of the 5K so far. It would have been good to know in advance the exact expiration date to better plan SC usage.

Nowhere on the Web portal account pages is there any date or info saying I even have a referral bonus. All I can find there is the history of SC usage and $0 amount charged. I can see the remaining free SC mile balance on the Tesla App but again no dates.

Cheers!

wasp | October 31, 2019

yes it is kind of awkward that we dont get date.
I ordered my car in august, already have one referral so 1500 of free supercharger ...but ......
3 months later I still dont have a car delivered....

I may have the supercharger miles expired before I get the car !!

wasp | October 31, 2019

yes it is kind of awkward that we dont get date.
I ordered my car in august, already have one referral so 1500 of free supercharger ...but ......
3 months later I still dont have a car delivered....

I may have the supercharger miles expired before I get the car !!

Claes | November 25, 2019

p_dahlgren --> did they disappear ?

p_dahlgren | November 25, 2019

No, I'm still good.
My last charging at an SC was yesterday (11/24) and it was still free. The balance of the referral miles in the phone app shows 3,552 miles remaining. Just to repeat, the delivery date was 5/3/2019 and the first time I used an SC was 5/7/2019 so more than 6 months have passed from both of those dates. Maybe they give a month of grace period or something. We will see, I can post an update once a month.

Cheers!

pct45 | November 25, 2019

Related question: how does tesla calculate the free miles? It seems accurately calculating miles based on kWh delivered is impossible based on all the variables frequently discussed. Anyone know?

pct45 | November 25, 2019

Related question: how does tesla calculate the free miles? It seems accurately calculating miles based on kWh delivered is impossible based on all the variables frequently discussed. Anyone know?

suzan.frueh | November 25, 2019

Just received my Model 3 about 3 weeks ago. I do I use my free supercharger miles?

CRAIGJFIFTY3 | November 25, 2019

I asked the rep at the service center about the expiration date of my SC miles. She said they expire on the six month anniversary. So, I received my M3 on 6/16/19, my free SC miles will expire on 12/16/19. Fortunately, I will have just about used up my miles by then.

jrn324 | December 3, 2019

This is not in my account area on the Tesla site on my phone. Can anyone else confirm that expiration date is shown?

shreerajca | December 4, 2019

I Don't see any credit or expiration date on my online account either..