Forums

Best Forum Contributor: Your Results are In!

Best Forum Contributor: Your Results are In!

As many of you know, last week I posted an informal poll for you to vote for best forum contributor:
https://forums.tesla.com/forum/forums/vote-best-forum-contributor?page=5...

Since then, over 250 posts have been made.
I extracted the posts into a database, parsed the users, dates, and comments. I read every comment and did my utmost to glean the vote intended.
I only counted the *first vote* given per forum user. If votes were made ironically or sarcastically, I still counted it.
Here are the results

The Good…
As elected by this forum, here are the best contributors:
1st Place (30 votes): Bighorn
2nd Place (4 votes): FISHEV
3rd Place Tie (3 votes each): hokiegir1, PhillyGal, TeslaTap.com
4th Place (2 votes): Magic 8 Ball
Congratulations to Bighorn, the winner by a very large margin.

The Bad…
The ballot box was stuffed with 75.56% unusable posts.
Yes, that’s right. In order to try and recognize the best contributors of our forum, we had to sift through three quarters of garbage data.

The Ugly…
Here are the users who posted the most unusable data:
1st Place: lbowroom
2nd Place: Joshan
3rd Place Tie: FISHEV, raqball
4th Place: jebinc

The people have spoken. Make of this what you will.
Cheers everyone!
-Synfendia

Joshan | October 31, 2019

That was before I turned over my new leaf. I am a changed man :)

Bighorn | October 31, 2019

You like me. You really like me.

Magic 8 Ball | October 31, 2019

It was the Russians.

dmastro | October 31, 2019

Да здравствует Бигхорн

TickTock | October 31, 2019

bdrathburn had two votes, too. Although gballant4570 didn't say explicitly which is probably why it wasn't counted (gballant4570:" Since the OP mentioned trolls, i will cast my vote for the unnamed author of the Tesla Forum add-on that gives me an "ignore user" option.")

synfendia | October 31, 2019

Ah, I didn't know who that was. But yeah, that person is a saint.

synfendia | October 31, 2019

And in case you don't have that wonderful add-on, here it is:
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/tesla-forum-enhancement-s/hkbi...

@synfendia +1 I am up to 4 now but I just installed it Tuesday.

Trekman | October 31, 2019

Да здравствует Бигхорн = Long Live Bighorn.........sweet

WW_spb | October 31, 2019

Рыба на втором месте! Ура

jimglas | October 31, 2019

Klatu Barada Nikto

FISHEV | October 31, 2019

I think I get overall winner. You want to be first in No. 1 and last in No. 2 for a best score. I'm 2nd in No. 2 but first, @Bignorn doesn't register in No. 2 so he's out. @raqball is best in No. 2 but does not show in No. 1 so he's out.

Three men enter, one man leaves.

In fairness, I know I voted for @raqball for No 1 so we know that there has been ballot tampering at which point we have to toss everything.

We do need edit. I'm 2nd in No. 1 and 2nd in No. 2.

twizzler | October 31, 2019

You’re #2? Ok

jimglas | October 31, 2019

you win fish

GHammer | October 31, 2019

"you win fish" for narcissism.

Too many Russian bots and we know there was vote tampering as Tesla and @raqball had votes but don't show in results.

@AlmondJoy LOL +1

If Tesla does get new forum software in its efforts to get the delete gang under control, polling will be one of the options. Tesla would have to activate it for users or post them via admin.

kevin_rf | October 31, 2019

My attempts to stuff the ballot box with my name have clearly failed!

-TheJohn- | October 31, 2019

Best post of the day goes to AlmondJoy

WW_spb | October 31, 2019

Russian bots baahahahah yeah look under the bed if you still have Soviet spy there.... Пустоголовая Рыба

HighlandPony | October 31, 2019

Somebody give that guy a participation trophy.

hokiegir1 | October 31, 2019

I'm confused how a single vote for someone constitutes ballot box tampering. My count was VERY close to what @synfendia got an hour or 2 after I did mine (and there were a couple votes after that). But ok...it was tampered with.

"I'm confused how a single vote for someone constitutes ballot box tampering."@hokie1girl

We saw votes but they don't show up in the tally.

jebinc | October 31, 2019

Never try to be rational with the irrational.... There's fungus amoungus…. ;-)

I think I get the Chuck Bednarik Award for best two way player.

@fish - he only listed those with the most votes, not everyone that received them. That's fairly obvious, bless your heart.

"he only listed those with the most votes, not everyone that received them."@hokiegirl1

Missed that in the legend...wait it's not there. You just made that up. Oh well...we can wait for the new software with polling.

@fish- there are 2 kinds of people in this world: those who can infer from missing information.

And people who think there are two kinds of people in the world.

howard | October 31, 2019

@Bighorn Congratulations and thanks for your fine contributions to the Tesla family of owners.

NKYTA | October 31, 2019

Agree.

Fish is an idiot.

walnotr | October 31, 2019

@Bighorn, I’ll echo Howard’s sentiment. Thanks for sharing your knowledge with me on several occasions.

The question is, where will you display your award? :-)

walnotr | October 31, 2019

@hokiegir1 - you were robbed! I think if the tabulation had been the number of mentions, you and big would have been neck and neck. Thanks to you for all your helpful advice here.

beaver | October 31, 2019

Bighorn for President

FISHEV | November 1, 2019

He already is.

hokiegir1 | November 1, 2019

@walnotr - Aww, thanks, but Bighorn really did deserve it. I didn't vote at all because I had a list I couldn't prioritize, but I'm glad so many people felt I was notable. :)

twizzler | November 1, 2019

You should share your list, as a respected forum member your list can help others process sincere advice from the junk.

andy.connor.e | November 1, 2019

When you look at the data, clearly FISH is #2 in both categories. RIP humanity.

SamO | November 1, 2019

He’s a loose deuce for sure.

Joshan | November 1, 2019

andy.connor.e not surprising at all, second place was only a handful of votes and Bighorn is clearly regarded as the top poster here.

I think you can connect the rest of the dots...

andy.connor.e | November 1, 2019

Like IDK, in the Ugly category, he is clearly tied at #3, but maybe 3=2 in some counties.

synfendia | November 1, 2019

To be clear, the "ugly" section just refers to unusable data for this poll. It does not describe the value +/- of those posts, other than their lack of bearing on the poll itself.
It was worthwhile noting that, in an attempt to nominate a top contributor, the posts were quite distracted (76%).
As an analogy, could you imagine trying to watch a show where 76% of the screen was covered in static?

That is quite significant and rather telling of this forum.

jebinc | November 1, 2019

"...To be clear, the "ugly" section just refers to unusable data for this poll. It does not describe the value +/- of those posts, other than their lack of bearing on the poll itself...." -@synfendia

Then perhaps you should have given it a different category header... One of my "ugly" and "unusable" posts was reiterating your "plea"....

^^^^ Just one example of my "Ugly" and "Unusable" posts, in case you didn't actually read them prior to classifying them as "Ugly"...

"The OP -@synfendia makes a plea earlier (above) to stay on topic and just provide votes. This after many, including myself, strayed off topic yesterday and earlier today. What happens after the plea? Well, you all can sadly see the same disrupters continue with non value added disruption. Since I voted earlier, this will be my last post here."

lbowroom | November 1, 2019

Unfortunate timing as I was in the middle of a troll hunt

-@synfendia

And, I posted this (below) "Ugly" and "Unusable" post after the cutoff, which you may have included in your tally of "Ugly"...

-@ReD eXiLe ms us
I haven't tried M3OC, but will check it out when I can. Re TMC moderation, I hardly see any overt assertion of it, or people complaining about it, currently. It's quite possible that the over-zealous mods you mention have left the mod role, or TMC altogether. At the present time, it feels like most moderation is behind the scenes. On FSD and Lane Departure avoidance, I've taken some pretty hard positions and never triggered a mod response. You might go back to see if the mod that bothered you is even still active there. If not, it would be good to see you rejoin the community. And yes, I really do come to these forums for a "reprieve" from the daily reality of my current existence. Feel free to PM me "over there" if you so desire.”

WW_spb | November 1, 2019

I voted for fish as a joke )

lbowroom | November 1, 2019

I thought the results labeled me as the forums most unuseful poster.

Pages