Forums

If Elon leaves twitter is anyone else going to leave

If Elon leaves twitter is anyone else going to leave

Twitter seems to allow bullying and they blocked a pro Tesla person. Not familiar with the details but about 30 million twitter users may leave it.
I left yahoo long ago due to shorters and attacks in uncivil fashions. Yahoo didn't do so well with all the noise. I thought twitter was OK but now I am not so sure.

MAB1980 | November 2, 2019

Can’t leave what you’ve never entered :)

Mike83 | November 2, 2019

Elon said he's not so sure about twitter and is going offline and hasn't posted since.
I like it that I can block the dufus posts and enjoy Elon's twitter esp. his sense of humor which seems to be lacking these days.

Elon posts about the Model 3 on Twitter which is appropriate for this forum. Get lost fish troll.

jebinc | November 2, 2019

Op - Not Move 3 related....

jebinc | November 2, 2019

Model*

Getting first hand information about M3 on twitter from the horses mount beats the trolls posting here.

raqball | November 2, 2019

I don't use Twitter as it's a cesspool loaded with degenerates who do little more than troll and attack...

I do look at Musk's tweets every so often though. I think he always says he is leaving does he not? Maybe I am misinformed......

Twitter has some useful info. and one can block the dummies to get some useful stuff. I like it that response is quick and he has about 30 million followers. I hope he reconsiders.

too bad we have to keep flagging vagrants like the stinking gossiping fish.

raqball | November 2, 2019

Twitter has some useful info. and one can block the dummies to get some useful stuff. I like it that response is quick and he has about 30 million followers. I hope he reconsiders.
-------------------
He does post useful info there and his responses to questions give insight into what's coming,. He probably get trolled a lot though so I would not really blame his if he bails out.

Joshan | November 2, 2019

people do know why he is bailing right? could be great news for this forum!

FISHEV | November 2, 2019

"people do know why he is bailing right?"@Joshan

Eyup.

https://futurism.com/the-byte/elon-musk-trial-pedo-comment

Twitter apparently favors the anti Tesla crowd who lies constantly everything Tesla. Fossil fuel addicts are scared and they need to post lies and pay trolls like the dumb fish.

ericaV3 | November 2, 2019

I left last month & have zero plans to return. This is a much better place! If he chooses to leave social media, then I’m hoping that he joins us here instead (or some other forum he creates). His time is limited & since he loves to express himself at odd hours of day/night, I say do it here — put that energy back into your own community.

I’m sure he can send a notification via our app so we can actively interact ;) Non-owners can still read the posts, can’t they? If not, maybe he can add some other tier of access for those fans.

calvin940 | November 2, 2019

Twitter is really a gutter. Everyone would be better served to no longer be there. Good for Elon

sosmerc | November 2, 2019

I like Twitter because I believe not every post is from the gutter, and sometimes I feel like useful info and opinions are expressed there. But let's face it, we live in a very large and diverse world and one has to evaluate what they hear and read with careful consideration. When Trump tweets I believe it's the "real" Trump. And I appreciate that opportunity to judge him for what he is. For that fact alone, I am grateful for Twitter.

ODWms | November 2, 2019

No Facebook, Snap Chat, Instagram, Twitter or anything else. I’m sure there are some very legitimate uses for these platforms. But From all I’ve seen it appears the negatives outweigh the positive.

The character assassination based on misinformation is a bit much even here with the gossipers who know nothing but spreading the BS..
flagging the fish who continues to lie.

WW_spb | November 2, 2019

Social networks are garbage and poison to society

Or society is poisonous to social networks if you have people who have no sense of honesty.

Maxxer | November 2, 2019

The amount of sh1t posted on social medias is monumental.
No pyramids would have ever been built had IG, FB, Twitter existed in ancient Egypt.

However it made me aware of the #teamtrees initiative and just donated $150 to teamtrees.org for 150 trees in the 20 million project. Social medias bring 1% positive in the World and 99% sh1t, you just have to dig really really deep and hard.

TeslaG | November 2, 2019

@mike, stfu. you sound like a whiny little loser. 'My hero elon not on twitter, i must follow, i am sheep.'
Get this BS out of here.

Another model citizen post.

"Get this BS out of here."@TeslaG

Or at least to General.

@FISHEV

I am still waiting.

MAB1980 | November 2, 2019

@OWD
“ But From all I’ve seen it appears the negatives outweigh the positive.”

I 100% agree and have said as much frequently. I suspect, and I hope, that we have reached “peak social media” and it will slowly fade from our lives. Humans aren’t meant to be connected with so many people.

Well it amusing that the fanbois loved Twitter when Musk was on it and now hate Twitter now that Musk is off it.

The "You kids get off my lawn" stuff adds to the laugh track.

Unlike this forum one can block jerks on Twitter. I really liked Google+ but is gone.
Interesting comments. Glad I touched a few nerves. Very enlightening.
Don't forget Daylight savings. Fall behind.

TranzNDance | November 3, 2019

I mostly only check Twitter for posts from Elon, and about earthquakes.

howard | November 3, 2019

FISHEV l

Musk should have apologized immediately, donated a $1M to Thai orphanages or soccer and moved on. Instead he doubled down and is now going to trial, though I suspect Musk's legal team will try and settle but the UK diver who helped saved the kids is likely going to refuse and force the full trial to make a point.

Musk deserves the max settlement. Poor judgment that should have been corrected immediately.

Mike83 | November 3, 2019

Been checking Reddit and see others looking. FUD of the trolls(eagle or is it fish and his brown nose howie) is really gossip using second hand knowledge. Pretty funny to see armchaired attorneys push the anti Tesla BS. I guess the SP must be terrifying them.

FISHEV | November 3, 2019

"gossip using second hand knowledge."@Mike83

It's a court case, a very public court case with all the documents published. Musk called the Brit hero diver a "pedo" and "child rapist". Judge ordered trial to go forward and Musk went off Twitter where most the exchange occured.

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2019/oct/29/elon-musk-vernon-unsw...

What did the so called diver(who wasn't in on the rescue from my understanding) call Elon?
The news is not telling us the full story but the trolls and hedge funds have influence.
Elon didn't leave twitter for that old story.

Two days after judge ordered Musk to trial for calling the Brit hero diver a "pedo" on Twitter Musk left Twitter. I'd guess the lawyers insisted.

Guardian article above goes into the details best.

What did the British diver call Elon. Perhaps a counter suit is in the works but Elon left twitter because twitter silenced a Tesla supporter. But lying is your MO>

Unsworth told Elon to shove his idea up his A2lll2. Here is another take. Let the jury decide what this name calling entails. Has nothing to do with twitter. Cave rescue happened over a year ago.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/09/16/business/elon-musk-pedo-defamation-case/i...

andy.connor.e | November 4, 2019

Never used Twitter. Only ever used Facebook and that has been deleted for almost 3 years now. I do not do social media anymore, except Tesla Forums if you call that social media.

FISHEV | November 4, 2019

"Unsworth told Elon to shove his idea up his A2lll2. Here is another take. Let the jury decide what this name calling entails. Has nothing to do with twitter."@Mike83

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/6792661/who-vernon-unsworth-thai-cave-resc...

"Elon Musk launched an extraordinary Twitter attack on July 15, 2018, in which he called Mr Unsworth a paedophile. It came after Mr Unsworth blasted Musk's offer to help with the rescue as a "PR stunt". When Mr Musk offered his help, he posted videos online demonstrating how "a tiny, kid-size submarine" could be used to save those stranded.
But Mr Unsworth said the businessman could "stick his submarine where it hurts"."

"Who is Vernon Unsworth?

Vernon Unsworth is a 63-year-old financial broker from St Albans, Herts.

He discovered his love for exploring cave systems in the Yorkshire Dales.

The experienced Brit caver now lives in Chiang Rai, Thailand.

Before the Thai rescue operation, he had been in a number of rescue efforts in the UK, but "nothing on this scale".

Mr Unsworth was the first foreign rescuer at the scene and played a crucial role in saving 12 Thai boys and their football coach.

He spent years exploring the Tham Luang cave system where the boys were trapped for 17 days — meaning he had expert knowledge that was vital to the rescue.

Mike83 | November 4, 2019

A financial broker!!!!
Thanks, now all the B's makes sense

Everyone else called him a hero. The kids would have died without Unsworth is the opinion of all those involved.

Bighorn | November 4, 2019

Elon is back on Twitter, so I guess some people were just dreambooking.

jimglas | November 4, 2019

Whats twitter?

Guess @Mike83 is going back to Twitter also.

Mike83 | November 4, 2019

Elon commented on parachute used for Mark 3. Pretty cool.
Did I say I was leaving twitter? Of course those who gossip always are wrong on facts.

andy.connor.e | November 5, 2019

Elon launched an attack!!!!

Did he launch it from SpaceX?

lilbean | November 5, 2019

@jimglas Isn’t that thingy a part of a sound system?

neezer | November 5, 2019

He's back. Did you really think he's gone for good ...

Magic 8 Ball | November 5, 2019

Elon has a twitter Jones, did anyone actually believe he was going to leave?

WW_spb | November 5, 2019

Love it how Fish guessed it was bc of the pending law suit. Wrong again ))) bahaha

Pages