Forums

Software Build v10.0 2019.36.2.1 ea322ad (11/8/2019)

Software Build v10.0 2019.36.2.1 ea322ad (11/8/2019)

New update on my M3 DM, New York city

Magic 8 Ball | November 12, 2019

@Bighorn So what is your status?

howard | November 12, 2019

It would seem odd to me that they would not apply friction brakes for hold. Why would they waste energy for a holding torque to the motors when they can apply friction brakes instead?

+1 Agreed just like the Bolt worked. Regen to full stop and friction brake engagement to "hold".

jebinc | November 12, 2019

They do apply friction brakes to hold. Just watch the brake pedal auto-depress when it comes to a stop in Hold mode. Plain as day, it is... - Yoda.

bzondler | November 12, 2019

I just had a chat session with Tesla support. Looks like the M3 AWD LR HW3 will get the range increase at some point. Here's the chat session.

Bill
02:11 PM
I noticed that the current Model 3 AWD Long Range was recently updated to 322 miles of range. Can you tell if there are plans to roll this out to existing owners via a software update? I bought my car in June 2019 at 310 miles of range. Thank you. Bill

Jeffrey
02:14 PM
Hi Bill, I don't know all the when / where specifics, but yes--we all planning to extend this out, from what I understand. I can't offer an official confirmation of that yet. Ususally we know for sure, when the update is released.

bzondler | November 12, 2019

Please omit HW3 - this would apply to all MR AWD LR cars.

crt6598 | November 12, 2019

2018 M3 MR, took delivery in Dec. 2018. Just installed this update morning (Southern CA). After test driving for a bit, it takes some getting used to the ST

crt6598 | November 12, 2019

Just installed this update this morning (2018 M3 MR, took delivery in Dec, 2018). “Stop” mode takes some getting used to, once there with the distance and Regen, it’s a breeze. Used it on the way in to work on the 101 and 405 freeways, and it was way easier to use at low speeds, still this is definitely NOT a replacement for the brake (at least not yet), as the Regen needs the battery to be warmed up to work at it’s max. Nevertheless, this car just keeps getting better and better.

gballant4570 | November 12, 2019

The acceleration increase is noticeable. My neck noticed it..... One pedal driving is GREAT. This update was worth the wait!

BuffaloBillsFan | November 12, 2019

So I switched to “stop” in regen, and the regen is definitely much more aggressive, but it did not at all come to a complete stop or switch to “hold” mode. Almost ran into the back of a Prius at a stoplight waiting for my regen to stop the car completely. Stupid Prius! Am I doing something wrong?

rmcren10 | November 12, 2019

@bzondler Thanks for the info.

Mine is a M3 LR AWD October 2019 build. Just got the update today it is great. The new Regen (one foot) braking is fantastic. Seems much more efficient. I don’t think you will have any issue getting to 322 of Range with that turned on in ideal weather conditions even if your car says 310. To sustain a range of 322 your wh/mi needs to be at a average of 233. The first 1300 miles on my car I have averaged 235 wh/mi (319 miles of range) with the new Regen braking I have no doubt I can shave off 2 wh/mi if I wanted to. The car definitely seems faster after the upgrade. I have not measured it.

@BB You probably did not start your stop early enough. Try again giving more distance for it to work.

ericdvorak | November 12, 2019

Has anyone noticed that the new hold option in 2019.36.2 keeps going back to roll? My wife and I both have M3P’s and hers is doing the same thing, once in park it reverts back to roll for the next drive, is there any way to lock it on? I like the idea of regen down to a stop.

-@ericdvorak

Check your profile to see what's saved.

-@ericdvorak

Check your profile to see what's saved.

KgM3 | November 12, 2019

Just installed the update (2019.36.2.1). Went for a test drive. Living in Canada and with a temp of about 0c,, the regen takes a little longer to come to a stop but, is still an improvement. Definitely notice increase in power. love it!
SR+ 2019.

kirkl | November 12, 2019

Updated tonight and took it for a spin. This 5% power increase on the RWD LR is a LOT more noticeable than the first one we got. The acceleration profile has changed a lot. Does anyone else notice a slight increase in the steering stiffness as well (on standard)?

@derotam what sort of CANbus adaptor are you using? I have one of those cheap blue ODBC Bluetooth adapters, but I haven't tried it yet on the M3.

Kirk

DaShyt | November 13, 2019

@BuffaloBillsFan

Make sure the changes is under your profile & not under easy entry.

dprmoore | November 13, 2019

Just installed the update. M3 AWD LR. Took delivery in Sept. 2019. NE Washington State.

jebinc | November 13, 2019

-@dprmoore

Congrats! You can really have fun with your 3 in that location! Me, I'm stuck in traffic-ridden King County!

ICEMELT | November 13, 2019

@BuffaloBillsFan did you have enough regen? With the cold front, I drove with almost no regen this morning. 'Hold' mode would still work but you would need to apply brakes in order to stop in time.

derotam | November 13, 2019

@kirkl: OBDLink MX+

dprmoore | November 13, 2019

Thanks @jebinc!

I spent way too much of my life on King Co roads. :) Many days of parking, then re-parking on 405 and I-5. Get that Tesla east of the Cascades where you can let her run.

-@dprmoore

Hear, hear! I used to have loads of fun with my NC modded MX5 (Miata), but the M3 tops that, which is hard to do.

bradley.bill | November 13, 2019

Stupid question, but is the 5% power increase just to motors or is that arange/battery increase. I updated yesterday and have lost 2 miles in charge.

bradley.bill | November 13, 2019

Stupid question, but is the 5% power increase just to motors or is that arange/battery increase. I updated yesterday and have lost 2 miles in charge.

Pg3ibew | November 13, 2019

I am finally getting a chance to do the software upgrade. I am sooooo excited. I am sitting in my SR+ as it uploads.
The care is making noises. Like clikcing and clanky noises.
I dont care. I am soo exicted. I dont k ow why I am soo excited. But I am.
This is my first software update. I have the car less than a month.

Pg3ibew | November 13, 2019

24 minutes for software update!!!!! Wooooohoooo
I like the Scheduled departure. Will have the car charged, conditioned and ready every morning.
I thought I saw some one else post that the latest time for the car to be ready was 6am.
It is letting me select ANY time.
Maybe I am wrong.

michael | November 13, 2019

@jebinc

I just traded my 2019 Miata Club BBS for a M3P this morning! Loved the Miata (wasn't my first), but the M3P is putting a pretty big grin on my face, and a much better fit to my current driving circumstances!

-@michael

I loved my Miata - bought in new in 2006 and sold it in June to make room for the Tesla. "Still grinning," as they say, five months later!

rob.van.olst | November 13, 2019

Great, Spotify is not crashing anymore.

adam | November 13, 2019

I tried summoning with this release and the arrow on the phone is 180 degrees off. When looking at the car display the arrow is correct. When I try to summon, it acts like the phone arrow is correct, so it will try really hard to go 180 of the direction it should be going. Very weird.

mklcolvin | November 13, 2019

Both my wife and my M3 LR RWD seem to be stuck at version 32.12.2 as of today. Did they cancel the rollout of the 36.2 update? Did our cars somehow miss some intermediate updates?

globalMan | November 13, 2019

"Software Build v10.0 2019.36.2.1 ea322ad"?

Mine says on the App "Version 2019.36.2.1 ea322ad".

Everything the same except it does not say "v10.0".

Do I have v10?

jebinc | November 14, 2019

-@globalMan

You have v10.1

Fredvanngo | November 18, 2019

Got it 1 on 1/14. Great update ! :-)

wefdenver | November 21, 2019

I wish I could back this update out. Since installing..when I lower the set speed on my ACC it continues to slow down past the set speed. I also do not have the "Hold" feature (e-pedal?). I sometimes see the blue "Hold" when the car in front starts moving and I get the message I have to hit the accelerator to resume ACC. Isn't the Hold feature the "Creep" setting? One more thing..the Scheduled Departure does not warm my car up at the time I set. Anyone having any of these issues? I have re-booted (IPL'd) the system.

panders01 | December 3, 2019

Anyone have 2019.36.2.4 yet on a M3? No release notes so likely just some bug fixes. I am dying to get the updates that include stop sign/traffic light recognition and the updated windshield wipers!

panders01 | December 3, 2019

Anyone have 2019.36.2.4 yet on a M3? No release notes so likely just some bug fixes. I am dying to get the updates that include stop sign/traffic light recognition and the updated windshield wipers!

Pages