Forums

P3D-/+ What's your 0-60?

P3D-/+ What's your 0-60?

Just tested my P3D- 0-60 with Dragy and got 3.8's consistently. Seems like from what I've read here and other places 3.5 should be relatively easy (several claim 3.3's and saw one run in that range with a vbox on video) am I wrong to be disappointed in my times?!

Pg3ibew | November 11, 2019

It is a piece of crap. I will he right over and take it off your hands.

shank15217 | November 11, 2019

Your tires play a big part, I get 7.5 but of course I keep mine in Nissan Leaf mode.

ODWms | November 11, 2019

3.8 consistently certainly doesn’t sound right. Unless there’s a difference inherent in the - models as opposed to the + models making those higher numbers a norm.

Teslaflies | November 11, 2019

Thanks that's what I was thinking too though haven't seen anyone stating there's a difference.

I can also say for whatever reason the one I test drove felt faster to me but I sort of assumed I had just gotten accustomed to the acceleration. Actually one of the reasons I got a Dragy to test.

Nice try PG3 :)

Pg3ibew | November 11, 2019

DAMN!!!!!!

SteveWin1 | November 11, 2019

Didn't the P3D- models get smaller tires? That would probably make a difference, right?

Atom12 | November 11, 2019

SOC?

jebinc | November 11, 2019

I'm surprised that there hasn't been a discussion/thread on Stealth times vs. M3P times 9or has there? Tough to tell with this forums crappy UI). I had assumed performance for both was the same, but perhaps not?

Magic 8 Ball | November 11, 2019

P3D, both P+/-, have same rated 0-60. Tires do not seem to play into in. The OD of all the tires appears to be same (I.E. the bigger the wheel the thinner the tire).

Are you going from a stop or timing from a rolling start? Conditions have to be optimal.

Bighorn | November 11, 2019

@Steve
Can’t tell if that was a joke.

Charge was 90 percent. From full stop on flat road with decent concrete.

Ambient temperature, temperature of battery, headwind, condition of car (alignment, tires, etc.). "Flat": did you do the run in both directions?

One more thing..my car has track mode greyed out? Do P3D- have track mode? Thought they did. And yes I have the red underline indicating performance model.

I think you have to have your foot on the brake, then track mode ungrayed. Something like that, but their is a procedure to get track mode selectable.

Foot on brake car in P. It will still be gray but when you click on it then it changes.

Thanks for that. User error it is there.

I think several, including myself, scratched their head on that one.

-@Teslaflies

To close the loop, post new track mode times.

lbowroom | November 11, 2019

Track mode won't influence 0-60 times. 3.8 is slow. Don't need magic conditions to meet 3.5 from dead stop. You do have a red line on the car info screen, right?

Bighorn | November 11, 2019

@lbow
I tend to agree--track mode wasn't even a thing when people were first benchmarking times.

Yes I have red line. Ran in both directions to nearly identical results. Got one 3.79 rest were 3.8's. 60 degrees outside, little if no wind. I'll update after doing some more runs on some different stretches.

Both directions with same result helps normalize the experiment. Since they are same you appear to have isolated the issue to be with the car or timing method. Obviously you are not in chill mode or something like that so is it possible for you to have someone, with a P-, do the same test at same location?

Oh, and to cross the t's and dot the i's this is a factory stock car (no mods including wrap etc.) correct?

Yup all stock no wraps. I know it is subjective but my test drive car felt like it pulled harder which was one of the reasons for testing. Wish I knew someone with same model to test. My area is in Southern Illinois and I'm lucky to even see another Tesla ever :(

Really appreciate everyone's input!

Is there a quarter mile track where you can get a time that others have run at?

Good suggestion. A buddy mentioned there is a track nearby I'll look into that.

One last question here..assuming I figure out my car is underperforming is there really any hope of it being addressed? New to Tesla but guessing "my car is too slow" isn't going to be taken super seriously...am I off base in that though?

If the car is genuinely underperforming, by that much, I am sure it will be addressed. There really is not much that can go wrong. A dragging brake pad maybe?

MAB1980 | November 11, 2019

Do you have any heavy things or people in your car?

JAD | November 11, 2019

Also, don't roll on the gas like with an ice, stomp the pedal.

That's reassuring. Thank again for the reply.

MAB nothing heavy in the car and no passengers. I'm going to do some more testing on some different stretches. Not to beat a dead horse but as I said after driving the tester at Tesla and then getting mine home I really felt like there was a big difference in feel which I was I got the Dragy to test. Assuming the Dragy is accurate and further tests get me the same gotta believe it's the car at that point.

Man sorry for typos. Autocorrect is killing me :)

kallian | November 11, 2019

Here is a draggy from 18 aeros, pretty awesome time.

https://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/posts/4008135/

Thanks that's impressive as hell and also frystrating as hell for me :(

Teslaflies | November 14, 2019

So some good news. Got the new update and re-tested in same spot. 3.42 seconds. I'm scratching my head. As soon as the update happened the car just felt stronger. Happy with this though still wish I'd see at 3.2 :) Thanks for suggestions I'm smiling again.

JAD | November 14, 2019

DragTimes got a sub 3.0 on one run with the new software! It really is a 3 second car (with one foot rollout) but bragging of it being a 2 second car is justified based on bench racing rules :)

That's incredible. And now I'm jealous of those who get those kind of times!

TrexTesla | November 14, 2019

Forgive my ignorance...what is the P3D-?

Magic 8 Ball | November 14, 2019

P3D-

Is the performance version that does not have the big brakes and 20" wheels and does not have the spoiler. We like to call them the "stealth" P version.

TrexTesla | November 14, 2019

Ahhh...has anyone done 0-60 times for the P3 dual motor pre and post update?

rsingh05 | November 14, 2019

Dragtimes, and many others in dragy got 2.98-3.0s with 1 ft rollout. looks like you are in the right range now though at 3.4 (assuming without rollout).

Yup no rollout. I feel better now but still bummed others were getting 3.2 and less!

rsingh05 | November 14, 2019

The best thing about the dragtimes video is his observation that the car is slow to launch initially. I’ve always felt that when you stomp on the pedal, it does nothing initially for quarter to half second and then really takes off (no such delay in the ludicrous P100D I had test driven). Now that a pro has confirmed this, I feel good that I wasn’t imagining things.

Agree. Definitely short delay there before it ramps up. I'm jealous at their times. The 3.8 to my 3.4 felt a lot different, love to be lower than that, but then again hard to complain when you're quicker to 60 than most anyhing else already :)

ODWms | November 15, 2019

No doubt. These cars are an excellent bargain when you consider everything. And to think that a simple OTA download can increase your car 10s of HPs at a time for NO COST is just mind-blowing.

HOW are cars still being sold that aren't Teslas?