Forums

Full Self-Driving Capability

Full Self-Driving Capability

I purchased My model 2 with the FSDC and picked it up December 31 2017. Love the car even though there is more road noise then there was in my prior two Model-S versions.

Question:

I paid for the FSDC expecting to wait for it several months. But it has been two years. At what point does it become vapor ware?
I would still like it but I am not certain when it will be available. I understand the car needs a new computer to accomplish this upgrade. Two years seems a long time to wait for a feature already paid for. Elon seems to have moved on with supplying me games that I don't need or want and releasing the model Y and Pickup truck.

What say you Tesla ? When will I get the FSDC ?

Thanks

jimglas | December 4, 2019

Model 2's are very rare

Pg3ibew | December 4, 2019

You bought a car and purchased full self driving, with the promise that SOMEDAY IT WILL BE MADE FULLY LEGAL AND ALSO FULLY USABLE.

You were NEVER given a definitive date. What is your point?
Sell you Model 2.

hokiegir1 | December 4, 2019

This last round with Smart Summon is rumored to be the last rollout that will include EAP purchasers. Future items released will likely be under the FSD heading -- such as stop light/sign recognition and NoAP on surface streets. At that point, your FSD will have features under it. Current purchases (since around April of this year) that have only AP rather than EAP already have features labeled under FSD.

andy.connor.e | December 4, 2019

I would have called Tesla and demanded an explanation for being given a Model 2.

@andy, while he is at it, he should go to a service center and demand to speak with Mr. Musk. And demand to have answers as to why the federal Govt has not passed laws to allow full self driving.

Magic 8 Ball | December 4, 2019

A fish by another name.

Not even. Just another person who wants to go REEE REEE REEE

KAM6 | December 4, 2019

I am also very frustrated that I have the most advanced driver assistance system that continually gets better with free updates.

Its almost like thats what you paid for.

I am so frustrated by this post, I am flagging it and calling Mr. Musk

thedrisin | December 4, 2019

@Pg3ibew.
"demand to have answers as to why the federal Govt has not passed laws to allow full self driving."

Driving regulations are governed at the state level, not federal.

Joshan | December 4, 2019

your second sentence speaks to all we need to know about your post.

"Love the car even though there is more road noise then there was in my prior two Model-S versions."

So you are comparing a car that costs about 50% of what another costs and expect equality?

I got a steak burrito at Chipotle yesterday, the steak was 50% tougher than the one I had the day before at Capital Grille. What are you going to do about this Chipotle?!?!

WhiteWi | December 4, 2019

Oh come guys. Why did ya all jump on this innocent soul!? Maybe he is really honest and does own Model 2 limited edition with FSDC! Right, Raq?

vmulla | December 4, 2019

The guy says he's a repeat customer, got his car earlier than most of us, paid for FSD at the onset - some slack maybe?

And... the only real car the 3 can be compared to is the S. Early on I made several comparisons with the S. Even recently I made a X/3 comparison - and yes I tempered my expectations of the 3 because of the cost differences.

Real fsd, as in read a book while the car drives, isn't anywhere close to being released. Maybe a few advanced features can be released under the FSD label.

released != done

released != done
----
Exactly!! I'm setting the expectations for the OP - it's not going to be *real* FSD anytime soon.

yep was just making sure its clear.

Is Windows or MacOS vaporware? They have been released for years but are not done and features are still being added about 20+ years later.

@Joshan

Not the same. Operating systems require that it be fully functional, which it is. Added features are not part of the purchase agreement.

FSD includes certain features that are not available, but will be added over time. If Microsoft said that Windows 11 would be released next month but features like program installation, hardware compatibility, and internet connection would come later in software updates, i think i would be speaking appropriately that everyone would tell Microsoft to get their sh1t together and release a completed product.

BobDobbs | December 4, 2019

You expected FSD to arrive several months after Dec 31, 2017? Wow.

@thedrisen. Please check the NHTSA website.