Forums

Random lights

Random lights

More issues I’ve had with this car. It appears fraught with bugs. And I do apologize for perhaps populating this board. I do remind folks of the cost of this car.

On several occasions, the airbag light intermittently flickers on and off in a sporadic manner as I’m driving.

Furthermore, on at least 1-2 occasions, another sensor warning goes off on the bottom of my screen stating something about seat belt restraint malfunction.

It has been a glitchy ride thus far.

lilbean | January 6, 2020

Oh just return it.

jimglas | January 6, 2020

Have you considered making a service appointment?

Jrla | January 6, 2020

Yes! On day 8 of owning my X. The service center had it for several days and said it was the firmware. They recalibrated the seats. Finally picked up my car and it happened again the next day. Other things are only working sporadically now - seat heater, steering wheel heater, self-opening doors. I’m furious. Less than 2 weeks of ownership and two service center visits already. I wish I could return it. I hate Tesla now. I wasted 4 days of valuable holiday vacation days with my family dealing with this stupid car. It’s unconscionable to spend $96,000 for a car and to get this treatment.

Mrotr565 | January 6, 2020

Where are my solutions people? This forum better not be like the Apple “support” forums where you can only click “this answer was helpful”.

I’m a solutions oriented person. I need solutions here.

You hear that Elon! “unconscionable”. Looks like revolution has started, right here in forum post entitled “random lights”.

Don’t make me go back to unleaded fossil fuel.

parker33matt | January 6, 2020

Jrla, so did you handle with this issue?

Mrotr565 | January 6, 2020

I’m sorry to hear that jrla. Let us know if they fix it

gaudiocm | January 8, 2020

Our's is 2 years old and we are having similar issues. just after our 50K warranty expired!
Hope you have better luck then we are having.

Jrla | January 8, 2020

It’s still at the service center and they won’t return my calls for an update. I still can’t believe that I’m in this situation. Two weeks of ownership and 5 days in the service center already. Such a disappointing waste.

lilbean | January 9, 2020

Return it. Get a refund. It’s like Nordstrom.

Jrla | January 9, 2020

I want to return it!! The service center just called and after 5 days of diagnosing my car, he said not to worry, that the safety system is actually ok, that it’s just a faulty alert system that “should” be fixed in an upcoming firmware update that “should” come soon. Unbelievable. So he wants me to drive a brand new car with the safety alert beeping at me, the safety alert flashing on the screen, and don’t worry. Not to mention that it’s incredibly annoying and a constant reminder that I spent $96,000 to ensure that I have the most exasperating and wasteful experiences possible. Oh - and they forgot to look into the other issues that arose after the first service center visit (at 9 days of ownership) that two technicians said (obviously) were likely related to that service visit. Absolutely pathetic.

Jrla | January 9, 2020

I want to return it!! The service center just called and after 5 days of diagnosing my car, he said not to worry, that the safety system is actually ok, that it’s just a faulty alert system that “should” be fixed in an upcoming firmware update that “should” come soon. Unbelievable. So he wants me to drive a brand new car with the safety alert beeping at me, the safety alert flashing on the screen, and don’t worry. Not to mention that it’s incredibly annoying and a constant reminder that I spent $96,000 to ensure that I have the most exasperating and wasteful experiences possible. Oh - and they forgot to look into the other issues that arose after the first service center visit (at 9 days of ownership) that two technicians said (obviously) were likely related to that service visit. Absolutely pathetic.

mbp11 | January 10, 2020

Jrla and Ssaleh, what part of the country do you live in? Perhaps a fellow X owner could help you out with some of these issues? There have been some funny things that can be fixed by a software reset and you should go to https://teslamotorsclub.com/ and look under the Model X forums for tips on resetting parts of the car. You can do a lot on your own for troublshooting. I have owned my MX since July 2018 and had a few problems but they go away with software updates, especially if you report them. The Model X is 100 times more complicated and has more computers and software than the model S, and it takes time to coordinate all of the functions.

If it is really bad, and if your expectations are disappointed, then you should return it.

Mike P

Jrla | January 10, 2020

mbp11, at this point I do want to return it. But is that possible after two weeks of ownership? The service center still says they don’t know how to fix it. We also own a Model 3 that we love. It’s not that I’m anti-Tesla, I just hate paying for an expensive, brand new car that lives at the service center. And one of the main reasons I bought it was for the safety so having unfixable safety alerts on our family trip car makes me very uncomfortable.

Mrotr565 | January 11, 2020

Agreed. Way too many issues for a new car. It feels like you got a used car, doesn’t it?

parker33matt | March 2, 2020

Mrotr565, the same issues with new car customers face as well.

liftsrock | March 2, 2020

Wow. I have a 2018 X 75 that I have had virtually no problems with in 30,000 miles. I have a new 2020 X Long Range + on order and trading in the 2018 car . . . sure hope the 2020 car is as good as the 2018 has been . . . Crossing everything!