Forums

Tesla Service

Tesla Service

Just got back from having my Right Repeater camera sorted out in Bristol and unfortunately it is STILL NOT WORKING. This has now been going on for 2 months with 2 failed attempts. I don't think they even bothered testing it unfortunately. So I can't do lane changes and it also now appears my Dsahboard camera mode has stopped working. Trying to book a new service appointment but the old one is still there from today and so I can't until it decides to disappear. They did manage to change the rear light and fix the trim issue on the left door but this problem is really starting to annoy now.

Scrannel | January 13, 2020

Which would suggest that, at this SC, the do not know how to repair this issue. Bristol... England, Connecticut..? Is there another SC nearby.

jordanrichard | January 13, 2020

Well as speaking as a resident of CT, he/she is not talking about Bristol CT. We only have one service center and it is in Milford.

gmr6415 | January 13, 2020

Did you leave the SC knowing it wasn't working? Did you realize it wasn't working on the way home from the SC? Were it the latter I would have turned around and gone back.

vmulla | January 13, 2020

Share what they said on your service invoice. Did they say could not fix because of some reason?

pmbarker | January 13, 2020

Bristol England :-)

Bristol England :-)

I was told it had all been done but the camera is still not working and the fault is still there (no lane changing and no car detection until a car passes the door camera on the right side). We have only a few Services Centres here in England. Bristol is the closest for me. They've already attempted replacing the camera with a guy who came to my house but he couldn't calibrate it. He never reported this back to Tesla and I had to book my own appointment where I explained the issue. I believe they have replaced the camera a second time but it's just not working. The guy who came out to my house said he couldn't calibrate and it needed to go to a Service Centre. I waited and waited but nothing was every organised so I booked it myself. It took 2 months to get one. I'm not prepared to wait another two months. The good thing is that the car is still drivable but I'd had thought the Techs would have checked the camera was working after they installed it. I'm a good 40 miles from the Service Centre so it's not like a quick drive down there. Tesla really have to sort out the aftercare if they ever hope to take on the likes of BMW and AUDI. Their cars are fantastic but the back and forth with issues is extremely annoying!

Scrannel | January 13, 2020

OK, since you are in England, you know the trick to getting something serviced right is connecting with someone who actually gives a damn. Which is why I was asking about another SC near you. From what you just described your are, it seems, getting the "usual", and you might try another SC or make as big a stink as possible.

calvin940 | January 13, 2020

"..and you might try another SC or make as big a stink as possible."

While trying very hard to NOT be a douche about it.

@calvin940,
It's hard to do that under the circumstances, don't you think?

Update: I've managed to get the Dashboard cam working again and it appears the replaced camera is now recording video. It's just not working with AutoPilot it appears. I will give it another go tomorrow as maybe the calibration takes longer than the 20 miles I was previously told about. If it's still not working then I think I'll follow the advice and go to a different SC.

@pmbarker,
Try a poweroff/reset first. hopefully you'll get a new update to start everything over.

calvin940 | January 14, 2020

@vmulla | January 13, 2020
@calvin940,
It's hard to do that under the circumstances, don't you think?
---------------------------
Frustration is understood, but we are all humans including the employees. If you treat them like shit, how do you expect them to then turn around and be motivated to help you.

If someone were to come up to you and treat you like an asshole for something regardless if it may have been your mistake or not, how likely are you to be accommodating? Not likely is the general human response to that.

So being civil to another human being is the best approach to getting what you want.

andy.connor.e | January 14, 2020

+1 calvin

If you feel you deserve a certain level of respect, make sure you reciprocate it.

vmulla | January 14, 2020

@calvin940, @andy.connor.e,
Please don't make it sound like I'm encouraging rudeness :)

I'm simply saying expressing frustration is human under those circumstances (if someone is returning to the service center multiple times for the same problem)

I've returned to the service center multiple times for the same problem and didn't affect me as much because my wife works 1/2 mile from the service center - if it weren't that easy to access service I'd have a different story to tell. Anyway, the days of walking into a service center are gone now.

@vmulla

I honestly didnt even read what you wrote. I just saw calvins response and i was like, ya i agree with that sentence. Sorry!

calvin940 | January 14, 2020

@vmulla | January 14, 2020
@calvin940, @andy.connor.e,
Please don't make it sound like I'm encouraging rudeness :)
-------------------------------------------------
I didn't think you were necessarily, but your statement can come off like "ya, but being nice is hard isn't it". and I am saying "sure, it can be very difficult sometimes when you have been frustrated for so long, but the human on the other end of that frustration often doesn't deserve to be the recipient of said frustration and in the end people will often shut down and offer no help based on the attitude of the other."

I am just offering advice that I have used to help me through frustrating times. People are free to take it or leave it.

Scrannel | January 14, 2020

Uhh…. cute guys, but have you ever tried to get decent service in the UK? vmulla is being a gentleman. A pal of mine, moved to England and got so sick of the "angry serf syndrome" he threatened to beat a head mechanic's brains in with a breaker bar. After than, they returned his summer tires/wheels they had somehow "misplaced" (and told him to fuck-off); fixed a huge list of stuff on his car he'd been waiting two months to get resolved -- in two days. Then, treated him well, henceforth. Exaggerating? I have had almost nothing but Jags and Land Rovers and going on their domestic forums is like reading scripts for a horror film.

That makes america a walk in the park