Forums

Tesla Quick Settings - Android app

Tesla Quick Settings - Android app

I bought a Model 3 a while ago and I quite like the car. The Internet connectivity is really useful, e.g. remote enable HVAC so that the car is cool when you reach it is pretty nice. However, there are a few aspects of both the car and the Tesla app that annoys me in my daily life. My biggest complaint is that common app functions are not that easily accessible since you have to perform quite a few taps on the phone's display in order to activate them. Another problem is that the charge limit slider seems to live its own life, setting it to a specific value can be challenging at least on my phone. Also, I sometimes open random windows when I open the drivers door to get out of my car. Don't know if the buttons are very sensitive or they are just badly designed.

Anyway, I decided to create an Android app to fix these issues in a neat way. The app is called Tesla Quick Settings and it allows you to create shortcuts, or tiles as they are called in Android, in the quick settings menu. The quick settings menu is accessed by swiping down from the top of the display and usually contains tiles to enable/disable WiFi, bluetooth, flight mode etc. The tiles included in this app give quick access to often used functions like:

* Lock/unlock the car
* Enable/disable HVAC
* Enable/disable defroster
* Open charge port
* Open front trunk

Several of the tiles are configurable. E.g. the lock/unlock tile can in addition to locking/unlocking the car also be configured to disable/enable your phones bluetooth connectivity and close all windows. The configuration screen is accessed by long pressing any of the Tesla Quick Settings tiles.

If you're interested in trying out the app feel free to head over to https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.danjoh.teslaquicksettings or search for 'Tesla quick settings' in the app store. Note that once you have installed the application, you must chose which tiles you want to expose in the quick settings menu. The Google store page contains instructions on how this is done.

Don't hesitate to contact me if you have any questions or constructive criticism. My contact details can be found on the Google store page or just write a comment in this thread.