Forums

Infotainment

Infotainment

ddimston | March 2, 2020

So what if you lease your Tesla, is the feature transferable to a new Tesla or do I lose my investment? In which case forget it....

GHammer | March 2, 2020

@ddimston This is a hardware upgrade to what the current cars already have. Yes, it make no sense to do on a leased vehicle. If you get a new Tesla when your lease ends it will already have the new system.

akikiki | March 2, 2020

So what if you lease your Tesla, is the feature transferable to a new Tesla or do I lose my investment? In which case forget it...

Depends -- does the company that owns your car and lets you drive it want you to have those features to pay for it for you? Is it in your lease agreement that they pay?

finished | March 2, 2020

Hmmm. Bought MS Dec 2015 and added FSD later via OTA upgrade. Never got FSD but paid for it . Sold car at slight loss. Bought new 2017 100D with AP2.5 but MCU 1. Bought FSD. Now Tesla wants another $2500 for MCU upgrade. Can I reject the update and still get FSD whenever Tesla gets it fully functional? Not paying for new games non functional browser. Burma Shave.

PrescottRichard | March 2, 2020

FSD on a 2015 Model S?

Maybe there’s hope for my 4/16 S 90D!

GHammer | March 2, 2020

"Bought MS Dec 2015 and added FSD later via OTA upgrade. Never got FSD but paid for it ."

Really? Tell me more? Who did you pay for this?

finished | March 2, 2020

Sorry. I bought Advanced Autopilot back then, not FSD. Not sure what the difference is/ was.

Tropopause | March 2, 2020

MobileEye version HW1 only had one option: Autopilot or no Autopilot. No advanced or FSD, etc.

EVRider | March 3, 2020

@Tropopause: AP1 wasn’t advanced as EAP, but it was still pretty good. It had TACC, Autosteer, Auto Lane Change, Summon, and Autopark, which is a lot more than the new basic AP has. Plus it could read speed limit signs.

Silver2K | March 3, 2020

EV, also has avoidence

murphyS90D | March 3, 2020

Silver2K, Mine tries to avoid things that aren't there.

EVRider | March 3, 2020

@Silver2K: I was just listing the driver assistance features, not the safety features. You're correct, AP1 cars have Collision Assist and some other safety features, but not as many as HW2+ cars.

Silver2K | March 3, 2020

murphyS90D | March 3, 2020
Silver2K, Mine tries to avoid things that aren't there.
-------

That's a feature. :)

EV, I am disabling the collision assistance feature on my Cybertruck :)

"I wish someone would hit me"
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=o5osw5u9Uq4