Forums

Register here regularly so we know if you died. From CV.

Register here regularly so we know if you died. From CV.

I am here, obviously.
Wife has a temp.
Bought some thermometers to determine our base temp and monitor.

Magic 8 Ball | March 13, 2020

Idiotic

AWDTesla | March 13, 2020

The Ministry of Education extended the kids March break by 2 weeks. Supposed to self quarantine during these extra 2 weeks. My wife is director for the e-health system which every Dr now wants to be part of as they don't want to meet patients in person. her team is getting slammed with requests.

hokiegir1 | March 13, 2020

We had a positive test for someone in my office building, but they work for a different company and were last in the office on Mar 2 --- building was notified on Mar 11. We're working from home today, but will likely be back in the office Monday or Tuesday, since the cleaning is scheduled to be completed by the end of the weekend.

Other than that, this is pretty much my dream scenario: Not allowed to leave the house (which is fully stocked with wine and coffee)? Supernatural and How I met Your Mother binge, here I come!

andy.connor.e | March 13, 2020

im looking forward to it. I'll still have to work from home, but i can actually cook food while working. My day is no longer filled with wasting time making myself look presentable and commuting. I can spend off-hours working in the yard. But if food delivery places shut down, now we have a problem. wheres my damn chinese food.

Joshan | March 13, 2020

I work from home, so not much much change except the kid being here driving me insane.

sounds like a true nightmare

rxlawdude | March 13, 2020

Working from home, will be conducting classes online. Today, our last on-campus day for faculty to learn how to use Zoom and other technologies. All of our in-person classes are online through the end of the semester.

WW_spb | March 13, 2020

Bought Vodka and Пельмени. We will be ok.

JAD | March 13, 2020

The forum should be active with everyone home with nothing to do and the Y supposedly being released today or so. The amount of drinking planned based on the above could result in some interesting times....

WW_spb | March 13, 2020

Forum apocalypse?

no, its the forum alpaca list

hokiegir1 | March 13, 2020

Alpaca lunch for the drama.

Lonestar10_1999 | March 13, 2020

Do you that if FishEV died from CV, literally ten percent of prospective Mach-E sales would never materialize. I am assuming the other nine zealots wouldn’t contract CV.

rxlawdude | March 13, 2020

@Lonestar, FISH will die from inability to scale.

EaglesPDX | March 13, 2020

Rumors of my demise are greatly exaggerated.

Ross1 | March 13, 2020

can you catch it off the forum?

Ross1 | March 13, 2020

My temp is only 36.1 C.
Maybe I caught the anti-virus.

We've all caught the computer virus

Tesla2018 | March 13, 2020

EaglesPDX is God!
He has been reserected from the death.

jamilworm | March 13, 2020

My office is still open, but my kid's school is closed for 3 weeks and my wife has med school finals for the next 2 weeks so I'll probably be working from home a fair amount. Although I don't know how I'll get much work done while entertaining my 6 year old son at he same time.

jamilworm | March 13, 2020

Oh, and I forgot to mention that I am alive.

Scrannel | March 14, 2020

Channeling myself in.

hokiegir1 | March 18, 2020

I'm not dead yet!

WW_spb | March 18, 2020

Yeah, shot shots shots

DiminishedSeventh | March 18, 2020

All joking aside, I hope everyone is safe and well. Seeing some of the news coming out of Europe, especially Italy and Spain is really saddening. I wish each one of you the best, and please take care of yourselves and each other.

edhchoe | March 18, 2020

I died.

WW_spb | March 18, 2020

I died from all the crazy stuff people do when they panic.

guydude | March 18, 2020

I'm sticking to ganja runner for deliveries and staying at home. Tesla mobile service came by today and changed my frunk shocks. All good.

kevin_rf | March 19, 2020

I still have TP for my bungholio!

LostInTx | March 19, 2020

Grocery store shelves are looking like the Cleveland Brown trophy case - empty.

My wife is a teacher who's kids are out for a couple more weeks. They're using Zoom to offer tutorials and material but given the state has canceled all standardized tests, this semester is essentially a washout. My company is still working in the office - we have but 11 people so we can all hear each other. First cough and I'm shutting down.

The true point of panic will be this weekend. There's literally nowhere to go and nothing to do. I can do yardwork over and over again. I guess I'll do my taxes but will thankfully not have to write a check for 90 days.

We're planning a summer vacation to the Boston area so booked flights this week - very inexpensive and with the current situation, fully refundable. And because my Houston Astros pissed off both the Red Sox and Yankees, what better game to wear my Astros jersey than a Boston - NY game on July 30? I'll even bring a small trash can.

China "reported" there were zero new coronavirus cases yesterday. Even if they're lying, a rare occurrence indeed, it looks to have plateaued - if we're smart, uh, nevermind.. Anyway, I'm guessing by May 15, the Dow will be back to 25,000 and close to 30,000 by September. But over all, 2020 gets an asterisk next to it.

Stay safe.

Tesla2018 | March 19, 2020

Don't know if Restaurant Depot stores are all over the country or not. They sell supplies and food in massive quantities but you have to show them a business certificate to gain membership. They had a free trial a few years ago and I couldn't lift up a box if steaks since they weighed so much. Also I have no need for a 55 gallon drum of cooking oil or a wheel of cheese that was the size of a birthday cake. Bought a 10 lb box of breakfast sausage that had over 400 links. If a bunch of neighbor's or a large apartment complex needs stuff this might be a good place to go. It makes Costco seem like a Dollar Store.

With restaurants closing they might have a surplus of things.

A place that is remote might have things too. A grocery store about 30 miles away from me posted on Facebook that they gave shelves full of meat. The Aldi's around me didn't have any at all yesterday. I couldn't resist and yelled something really loud while in front of the meat department.. Sorry Sabbia and Screendo it wasn't at a baby. It was at no one in general. I just couldn't help myself and yelled. "Hey, Where's the Beef in my best Clara Peller voice.

Atoms | March 19, 2020

Not yet. Still driving my 3. Got 2020.8 installed. Haven’t gone on a shopping spree for toilet paper yet. I hear it is not as much fun as everyone makes it out to be.

Ross1 | March 19, 2020

@guydude:

Lots of things to make from old shocks:
Look at this vise
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxwHZoH62OQ

andy.connor.e | March 19, 2020

wheres the registration form

Ross1 | March 19, 2020

No forms; use your head!