Forums

Defective Wall Charger

Defective Wall Charger

Tesla service confirmed I have a defective Wall Charger. It is under warranty. However service advised you have to contact Tesla online orders for service or replacement of the Wall Charger. Only way of making contact is email at onlineorders@tesla.com. Problem is I can’t get a response. Any suggestions? Thanks.

TeslaTap.com | March 25, 2020

@Jordan2Delta - With the shutdown, you may have to wait until they are up again. Sucks, but I expect there is no one at work to handle it now. Perhaps in 2-3 weeks, but that is optimistic.

Jordan2Delta | March 25, 2020

Thanks. I also learned that the proper email is onlineordersEMEA@tesla.com. Maybe I’ll have success there. I at least got an auto reply. Thanks!

Lonestar10_1999 | March 25, 2020

If you have the wherewithal, order another Wall Charger and return the defective one for a refund, not an exchange. When you finally get the attention of someone at Tesla they should be agreeable to refunding for the defective merchandise.

Jordan2Delta | March 25, 2020

Thanks Lonestar, I may give that a try.

j0hnnyb1 | March 26, 2020

While you’re having someone install the new wall charger (or waiting for Tesla to get back to you), maybe consider having a 240v outlet installed next to it for issues like this. I read about that in another forum and had the electrician put the 240 near the wall charger in the off change my wall charger fails. Make sure you get the proper adapter for your travel charger too! Good luck.

bjrosen | March 26, 2020

j0hnnyb1 makes a good point, having a backup to fall back on for situations like this is a good idea and a 240v outlet is the cheapest solution. I have two EVSEs, my old Clippercreek that I bought for my Volt as well as my Tesla Wall Connector. The CC is fast enough to do the job, it's 32A, but I found having to use the J1772 adapter to be be inconvenient so I added the Tesla EVSE when I got my Model 3. Having read this thread I'm glad that I have two EVSEs. I also have a propane whole house generator but I got sick of having multiday winter outages so I'm covered in the case of catastrophe.

FISHEV | March 26, 2020

"If you have the wherewithal, order another Wall Charger and return the defective one for a refund, not an exchange. "

Hmm...if they are there to ship a new one, why aren't they there to replace a broken one?

FISHEV | March 26, 2020

And if you are going to buy a new wall charger, there are a lot of excellent alternatives to Tesla's.

You purchased a product that is defective and you cannot get service on it. That is usually a good reason to buy elsewhere.

Magic 8 Ball | March 26, 2020

Who said they aren't there?
OP had wrong contact email and emailed to the correct email address just yesterday.

Joshan | March 26, 2020

FISHEV | March 26, 2020
"If you have the wherewithal, order another Wall Charger and return the defective one for a refund, not an exchange. "

Hmm...if they are there to ship a new one, why aren't they there to replace a broken one?

Why have I sat ion the phone with AT&T for 8 hours on hold over the last 3 days when they are open? Stop playing stupid, everyone is on skeleton crews with COVID. Even if open everyone is calling in sick. Everyone is prioritizing income for obvious reasons.

Joshan | March 26, 2020

and here comes some troll to go "WHO IS EVERYONE LIAR!"

Resorting to baiting for an argument I see, how is your son Joshan? What is his temperature now, hopefully lower than 104 as you reported earlier.

FISHEV | March 26, 2020

" everyone is on skeleton crews"

Then keeping equipment running is top priority not new sales. Service shops, like Teslas, are open.

A customer who can't charge at home is the first priority.

First priority is to address the issues associated with the pandemic.

Joshan | March 26, 2020

you cannot debate a rock...