Forums

Trump’s bleach

Trump’s bleach

www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-52407177?fbclid=IwAR0-brYSgk0kic0YGyLqS...

Thanks to his scientific comprehension,
Now MAGA hatters will start drinking bleach,
Injecting IV disinfectant will be soon tried,
And the occurrence of sunburns and skin cancer will increase after increased sunlight therapy without protection.

I wouldn’t be surprised he start to suggest anal bleach to get rid of the virus, MAGA hatters would finally have something to do.

andy.connor.e | April 24, 2020

Did you watch the actual interview? Hes not even suggesting people do it, he was literally asking if that was something that was possible, and that they should look into it. Not citizens looking into it.

Read the headlines and dont watch the interview.

Orthopod | April 24, 2020

That something child ask when they are 3 years old

Ya you didnt watch the interview. You read the headline. The best video i could find is zoomed in on a womans face where Trump is talking to the person next to him that was previously talking. And hes asking about something, saying it could be done this way, then asking if thats possible, and that they should look into it.

If you interpret that as "Trump suggests injecting disinfectant as treatment", then you either didnt read the whole article and watch the interview, or theres a serious interpretation problem.

This is pretty much identical to how the media reacted to when Elon Musk said that the coronavirus panic is dumb. Everyone wanted to say that Elon is a virus skeptic or thinks the pandemic itself is dumb. Literally anything to get article clicks.

I’ll watch the interview when I’m out of the nursing home

Send me the link

I can only read here, unfortunately

What have you done today Andy?

flagged for media misrepresentation.

Yes, nothing

As usual

lol attempting to turn the attention to what i've done today to distract from this obvious intentional misrepresentation. very good job. only read the headlines.

I guess you have the time to watch every trump videos

no i just looked into this one. you seem to have plenty of time to respond to your thread, but not enough time to read further than the headlines and post a topic about it with your opinion of something you didnt even read/watch.

No hard feelings. But its the same as Tesla FUD.

I guess you have all your time to watch fake news
Snake oil
Chloroquine
Putin sperm

All good things against COVID19 that your beloved hero president is rubbing on his chin and chest

SCCRENDO | April 24, 2020

@Orthopod. I have been trying to work out whether these mutant troll MAGA hatters are just bored or total ignoramuses who just follow dear leader like sheep. @Andy I am afraid falls into the latter group and spends a lot of time peddling his ignorance.

@SCC

But he’s right I didn’t watch the interview
I never watch Trump interviews
I do not allow myself to lose more than 1 minute of my life watching anything Trump say or anything coming out of his mind.

But it’s pretty darn quiet a nursing home compared to OR

Yes check out my ignorance, who read the article and watched the interview.

But ignore how the media misrepresents something by trying to say im in support of snake oil.

What an interesting mentality.

OH look. You posted this article, didnt read it, i pointed it out, but im ignorant.

check that shit out

How about i just rip this apart eh?

"@Andy I am afraid falls into the latter group and spends a lot of time peddling his ignorance."
I pointed out the misrepresentation in the article, and said OP did not read/watch it. OP admitted they did not watch it. Ignorance!!!!!

"I do not allow myself to lose more than 1 minute of my life watching anything Trump say or anything coming out of his mind."
But you'll spend several minutes posting an invalid opinion about something you didnt read about.

"I guess you have all your time to watch fake news
Snake oil
Chloroquine
Putin sperm"
No, you posted this article to Tesla forums, and i read it and watched the interview. You are arguing about something you did not even read.

Pathetic.

I did watch it. If it were not so serious it would be great comedy
https://mobile.twitter.com/ac360/status/1253498117057634304?s=12

watch CNN's take on it where they dont show the whole clip. i think people forget when they watch TV news you're watching an opinion. watch the entire segment uncut. he did not once suggest that people do this. hes asking if its possible, and saying its interesting that they should look into it.

@Orthopod. The funniest part was the FDA commissioner trying to be diplomatic and keep his job. Watching Anderson Cooper and Sanjay Gupta trying to keep a straight face through this was pretty classic. Further down there is a camera focused on Birx. She was cringing throughout. These will be run as endless loops by Biden during the election run up

sabbia | April 24, 2020

@Andy I watched the entire interview. Trump said "this is very interesting to me." Then he said, both with respect to the UV light on the lungs and through the skin, and with respect to injecting disinfectant, "that is something you told me you would try."

McMaster, Tillerson and John Kelly were right. Come to your senses.

i can say the exact same thing about when he said "we should look into that".

jimglas | April 24, 2020

yup, trump once again demonstrating that he is a moron. Like wanting to nuke a hurricane.
The BEST brain, with all the BEST words

jimglas | April 24, 2020

And his cult will cheer him

sabbia | April 24, 2020

Hey Andy. There's a great quote from Benjamin Franklin. "Experience keeps a dear school, but a fool will learn in no other." If you have trouble understanding that, please take time to parse it.

In short, it means we're foolish to learn everything from first hand experience. I, for example, have never seen an atom. Or, for that matter, a virus. Somehow I get what they are.

There were enough reports from news sources and video clips to see what Trump said. You, Andy, could argue that any commentary was taken out of context and that would be a valid criticism.

No, Trump did not tell people to inject disinfectant. What if he said that scientists told him they are trying something equally absurd and less dangerous such as please try moondust? What do you have to lose?

But it's pretty clear that we are not dealing with someone who is a mental giant. Nor are we dealing with a stable genius. We really are dealing with a significantly below average intelligence. You can see that he has trouble reading.

And it's not terrible to be dealing with someone who has below average intelligence. But when it's mixed with such a high degree of narcissism, self-dealing and absence of moral norms, we have a witch's brew of danger.

I'll avoid the pejoratives that McMaster, Tillerson and Kelly used...the ones who saw him in action close up. We are dealing with someone who puts lives at stake based on ignorance and grievance. Why does that deserve defense?

Trump FUD is Tesla FUD. You guys eat it for breakfast, and some dont even read the article before having an opinion. But as long as its negative Trump press, its totally ok to post an opinion without reading more than the headline.

finman100 | April 24, 2020

huh, look at that, people will still prove they are stupid on the internet. good on ya.

we can only wish donald would "take it, what do you have to lose".

jesus

and people are supporting/defending this idiot? how do you do that and sleep at night?

jimglas | April 24, 2020

Nuke the hurricane. Whats the point in having nuclear weapons if you dont use them?
Yup, trump said both of these things
He is a moron

@sabbia

The problem i have with this is the same problem i have with Tesla FUD. Because people dont read past the article headlines, and then say stuff like this:
"Thanks to his scientific comprehension,
Now MAGA hatters will start drinking bleach,
Injecting IV disinfectant will be soon tried,
And the occurrence of sunburns and skin cancer will increase after increased sunlight therapy without protection.

I wouldn’t be surprised he start to suggest anal bleach to get rid of the virus, MAGA hatters would finally have something to do."

Where they have this full blow opinion when admitting they did not even read the context of the headline. It has nothing to do with defending Trump. Its the media reporting. Use your skills you've learned to identify Tesla FUD. Misleading article headlines. Its not all of the sudden ok because its the president.

k nuke it, at least i know theres no hope for people. doesnt take more than a headline to make people automatically generate an opinion and believe its true.

sabbia | April 24, 2020

Andy: I'll repeat. I saw the interview. We see a below average intelligence who mixes that with narcissism and grievance. I read more than the headline. I venture most of us did.

Having a leader with below average intelligence is okay. Having one with narcissism is okay...they probably all do. Having one with grievance is okay.

Mixing abject ignorance with narcissism and grievance IS NOT OKAY. You don't save lives by making excuses for such ignorance as we're seeing.

is there some disconnect between defending trump, and pointing out that people are reading headlines and posting opinions without reading the article?

Do you believe i am defending trump?

sabbia | April 24, 2020

@Andy. Yes, I believe you are defending a below average corrupt person, who combines narcissism with grievance.

Prove me wrong. Tell me why that Trump's beliefs that injecting disinfectant is a good quality of a leader. Tell me why the insight that we should try getting UV into people's lungs is anything other than the magical thinking of a human not grounded in reality. Prove me wrong.

blue adept | April 24, 2020

Is this like another one of those Tide pod challenges???

What disinfectant? injected how? what dose?
Did he say "i suggest injecting disinfectants", or did he say we should look into it?
who said anything about how anything is going to be done?
Did he say "stick UV in peoples lungs", or did he say that we should look into it?
This is literally Tesla FUD. Has nothing to do with defending the president. FUD is FUD.

"thats interesting, we should look into it"

This statement means we should look into it. What are the possible outcomes? It could work, it could not work. When i have a problem im trying to solve and i look into things that could possibly be useful, "looking into it" does not automatically mean YES, IT WORKS AND EVERYONE SHOULD DO IT.

Tesla FUD. My disatisfaction is with how the media reports it. And my disappointment rests in everyone who eats it up. Whats great is that this is on Tesla forums and you would think people would be accustomed to seeing misleading headlines or news stories. Apparently not.

FISHEV | April 24, 2020

@SCCRENDO "Further down there is a camera focused on Birx. She was cringing throughout. These will be run as endless loops by Biden during the election run up."

Trump of course did suggest inhaling and injecting disinfectants such as bleach and benzalkonium chloride or hydrogen peroxide to the point all manufacturers posted immediate warnings to not do what Trump suggested.

What is crazier, Trump saying it or Trump then lying about it the next day as though he didn't do it on national TV with tapes of it. No one who saw the tape could claim he was even doing his inner FoxNews "we report, you decide"?

"Fact check: Trump lies that he was being 'sarcastic' when he talked about injecting disinfectant. "And then I see the disinfectant, where it knocks it out in a minute. One minute. And is there a way we can do something like that, by injection inside or almost a cleaning. Because you see it gets in the lungs and it does a tremendous number on the lungs. So it would be interesting to check that. So, that, you're going to have to use medical doctors with. But it sounds -- it sounds interesting to me."

https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/24/politics/fact-check-trump-disinfectant-sa...

I guess someone told Trump that was bat shit crazy and that he had to deny it when (not if) he would get questioned about his statement.

Given the commonly KNOWN, inherent toxicity of literally ALL household disinfectants, the preposterous absudity of the mere suggestion should be more than enough to discount any damn thing the person currently in the White House masquerading as our president has to say on this matter, let alone more than aptly serve to expose the level of his incompetence!

I am disappointed with you, @andy.connor.e...

No brownies for you!

@fishev. I saw you alluded to this. The comedy continues. Yes indeed the bleach manufacturers have to now issue disclaimers lest Darwin annihilate the MAGA hatter population and they get sued for it.
https://www.aol.com/article/news/2020/04/24/lysol-manufacturer-warns-aga...

jimglas | April 24, 2020

the mental gymnastics that trump fluffers perform to make excuses for this moron is stunning

«@FISHEV
Trump of course did suggest inhaling and injecting disinfectants such as bleach and benzalkonium chloride or hydrogen peroxide to the point all manufacturers posted immediate warnings to not do what Trump suggested.« 

« blue adept | April 24, 2020
Given the commonly KNOWN, inherent toxicity of literally ALL household disinfectants, the preposterous absudity of the mere suggestion should be more than enough to discount any damn thing the person currently in the White House masquerading as our president has to say on this matter, let alone more than aptly serve to expose the level of his incompetence!

I am disappointed with you, @andy.connor.e...« 

I would like to thank you guys,
You saved my time by making me not need to watch the video to prove andy is wrong 

@Orthopod. There is no need to expend any effort trying to prove Andy wrong. Although I would recommend that you watch it, watch the defense of him and all the onlookers cringing as he spoke. This has provided me with some of the best laughs in recent weeks. I will try post some cartoons on Imgur because this has become the gift that keeps on giving

rxlawdude | April 24, 2020

New FDA warning: cardiac risk outweighs any benefit of HCQ/CQ.

jimglas | April 24, 2020

Now, what to do with the 28 million doses that tump purchased withour tax dollars?
I guess we are set if there is a malaria pandemic

Time for you to put the bong DOWN @andy.connor.e

FISHEV | April 24, 2020

blue adept | April 24, 2020 Time for you to put the bong DOWN @andy.connor.e"

You are giving THC and CBD a bad rap. If anything medicinal doses would help Trumper's with their self delusions induced by FoxNews and wishful thinking.

you've told me all i need to hear

when my fellow engineers ask me to look into something and see if it can help, ill make sure that i quote him as saying to use it immediately before looking into it.

thats how it works right? you deploy it before looking into it?

jimglas | April 24, 2020

you do if you are trump
then you blame obama

according to most people here, and the media who reported it,

we should look into it = i suggest we use it now

if im obama and i follow trump, which car company is to blame???

Pages