Forums

White seat tears

White seat tears

Does anyone know if Tesla has a fix for the tearing that can happen so easily with the white perforated seats?

Two of mine already have small tears. My Sig X was one of the 1st built (delivered Dec 31st) and I wonder if the newer seats are being made with a stronger backing?

ken | September 17, 2016

I have white seat, and got 16k miles on it, no tear so far.

ken

kittylitter | September 17, 2016

Ken- When my drivers seat tore, a little less than 1/2", I could see how thin and delicate that perfed fabric was.
Be extra careful.
The middle seat tore when my golden found an open door and jumped in. One of his nails caught a hole and, there you go.
This white fabric was said to be as durable as leather... it's not.
I have had leather seats in my Sienna van for 16 years with no problems.

Muzzman1 | September 17, 2016

I remember reading that Elon stated that they have fixed the white seat issue on later VIN's. I'd take them to the SC, and I'm sure they will replace them with the more robust version.

carlk | September 17, 2016

@Muzzman1

I knew these white seats may be easier to tear but I've never heard Tesla is making a stronger version. Do you have any link to this?

lilbean | September 17, 2016

Addressed

Madatgascar | September 17, 2016

We hit our white seats hard on our Utah trip. Sat on sunglasses, spilled coffee, blood, and lots of sand on them. They clean up easily and look like new.

Thanks @lilbean. That tweet dates back to February this year. I guess mine is the new version already. Still will pay attention and avoid sharp objects on those seats though.

Thanks @lilbean. That tweet dates back to February this year. I guess mine is the new version already. Still will pay attention and avoid sharp objects on those seats though.

You're welcome, @carlk!

eddiemoy | September 17, 2016

no issue so far, but good to know that the issue should have been fixed. i would get the service center to replace it with the stronger one. show them elon's tweet?

J.T. | September 18, 2016

Still will pay attention and avoid sharp objects on those seats though.

Good safety tip. Not sure we didn't know this already.

carlk | September 18, 2016

Knowing it and practicing is are two entirely different matters.

AlMc | September 18, 2016

@JT and @CarlK: Your exchange made me lol :)