Check this image live status of Superchargers

Check this on your Tesla main screen

https://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/attachments/img_2059-jpg.213864/

Bighorn | February 8, 2017

Cool!

sentabo | February 8, 2017

What a great new feature.

rxlawdude | February 8, 2017

Weird: Fountain Valley shows 0 out of 8 stalls available, but no notation about an idle fee. Santa Ana shows 4 of 12 stalls available with $.40/min idle fee.

Makes no cents.

revrev4ruach | February 8, 2017

Love it. User friendly and everything!

diegoPasadena | February 8, 2017

Very nice! Something we've wished for for a long time!

TeslaTap.com | February 8, 2017

Great! I had to go run out and play with it right now!

It may have been there before, but if you tap on a Supercharger icon, you get more info (that's been for a while). It shows if there is a waiting after charging fee. I never noticed you can add it to your navigation favorites list by tapping on the heart in the upper-right too.

Silver2K | February 8, 2017

Wow, this is very nice

tes-s | February 8, 2017

Saw it on my nav today - very nice!

JAD | February 8, 2017

That is really cool. I wonder if it will actually add more stress. One charger open, must hurry!!!!

the fees make no sense. Some are full, no fee, others have 0 of 10 being used, but $.40?

outerlimits | February 8, 2017

This is great and will be very handy. I'd love it if they could also add a chart showing usage trends, like the popular times chart in the ChargePoint app.

hsadler | February 8, 2017

Hmmm... fees may depend not only on # of stalls in use - but may also consider state of charge

RedJ | February 8, 2017

Cool!

Mike83 | February 8, 2017

Nice move. Thanks Tesla.

Wprather | February 8, 2017

very nice!

teslaliving | February 8, 2017

Great feature and well done. Not all SCs have it yet but it's great to see.

murphyS90D | February 8, 2017

I expect that the owner of the property has a say about whether fees will be charged or not.

mathwhiz | February 8, 2017

Good stuff!

Bighorn | February 8, 2017

@teslaliving
What do you mean? It appears that superchargers within a certain radius show the status. Seeing that remote Wyoming chargers show status, I'm guessing they all have it.

mathwhiz | February 8, 2017

Yep, looks to be like 250 mi limit (as the crow flies).

Haggy | February 8, 2017

From near Fremont, I see everything South down to Tejon Ranch. If I headed that way, I'd like a general idea of what things are like on a day to day basis further down. I'd like to see Santa Ana and Culver City and Fountain Valley if I'll be heading that way. Instead, I know that Dublin is full. I'm not saying it's a bad thing by any means but it would be good to see a place I might be 24 hours from now.

reed_lewis | February 8, 2017

The Supercharger in East Greenwich is not updating the status. I am sure there are a few more that are not updating. But for me this is cool because I can use the data to decide which chargers to use when travelling.

The interesting thing is will the nav use this data now?

Mike83 | February 8, 2017

It looks excellent for all Superchargers. ;-)

RedJ | February 8, 2017

@Haggy
Maybe after they've collected data for a few weeks they might add predicted usage based on time of day...it could happen :)

Made in CA | February 8, 2017

This is fantastic! Thanks Tesla.

NKYTA | February 8, 2017

We've been asking for this for some time. Most excellent!

TT, time to take that off your vote list? ;-)

KP in NPT | February 8, 2017

I haven't driven since I found out and won't (since we're getting a nor'easter tomorrow) but curious if it updates in real time?

NKYTA | February 8, 2017

TBD, @KP.

BTW, I'd hate to be on cleanup duty at your house. ;-)

Seriously. Mr. MP has managed to miss every snow storm the past TWO WINTERS. His travel schedule works to his advantage. I did treat myself to a new snow shovel today. LMAO!

NKYTA | February 8, 2017

Time for a blower? ;-)

So many possible responses....but I recognize I'm on my second Scotch. #holdingmytongue

NKYTA | February 8, 2017

;-)

acegreat1 | February 8, 2017

Awesome, can't wait to check it out

bp | February 9, 2017

For the busy charging spots, will Tesla include any spots that may be unusable, either due to equipment failure or to a report that the spot is blocked (parked car or something else blocking access to the charger)?

One time when we arrived at a Supercharger with 6 spots, there was a construction vehicle blocking 4 of the spots, and only 2 were accessible - and in one of those, someone had left there car parked after charging was completed.

Tesla should provide an easy way for drivers to report supercharger problems - because what drivers approaching the supercharger need to know is how many spots are available, not just those that are connected.

miyamky | February 9, 2017

They're not updated in real time. Takes about 3-5 minutes.

reed_lewis | February 9, 2017

@bp - The issue is that there is no way to update that data automatically. How would you 'clear' the fact that a space has been blocked for example?

dchuck | February 9, 2017

Posted this in another thread but i'll do it again here.

They could make it easier to read if they color coded the bars, Green when the site is mostly empty and Red when it is mostly full. That way you can tell at a glance which stations to focus on.

if you set it up right you could use that to indicate the 40 cent idle charge as well.

JAD | February 9, 2017

Dchuck, except a large percentage of the population is red green color blind.

luckyj | February 9, 2017

I'm glad Tesla finally did this - really cool feature. Be careful, though, since it seems that the information may not be accurate at times. I went to the Woodbridge, VA station last night and it said 3 of 8 stalls open. There were 7 open when I got there. When I left, it was only me and it said 4 of 8 open. So..? Perhaps 4 are broke, but I don't think so. Will investigate more when I have a chance.

Bighorn | February 9, 2017

Lusk has shown two occupied stalls for the second day now--that suggests broken, not occupied chargers.

barrykmd | February 9, 2017

I'm not seeing the bars on the map. When I touch on the Denver SC, the bars show up up on that SC only. When I touch Silverthorne, they don't. Is this related to a firmware update or strictly via google maps? What am I missing.

JAD | February 9, 2017

barrykmd, do a reboot. The bars should always show but I think you have to have the chargers icon in the bottom right on.

I think this was pushed without an official firmware update. It should show all the SCs within a certain radius, which would include Silverthorne in your case.

freeewilly | February 9, 2017

Thank you Tesla, love this new feature.

Bill_75D | February 9, 2017

Looking at the supercharger list on my screen just now. All but one have a red pin next to them. The Gila Bend, AZ supercharger had a blue pin, and when I touched it on the map the pop-up window says "Reduced Service". It doesn't show any bars indicating cars there, but it still has the $0.40/min idle fee. Anyone know how to decipher this information?

@Bill
Technical issues with power. Idle fee line is fixed on most charger status pages.

Bill_75D | February 9, 2017

I'm glad I'm not headed that direction. I wonder if it is just charging slowly or not at all? I'm still not sure what to make of "Reduced Service"

Couple data points. Arrival latency measured from time power flowed: 4min22sec after about 15 second initialization; 4:25pm. Departure latency: 4min 38 sec; 4:30pm
So either there's about a 4.5 minute latency or there may be a ping every 5 minutes.

Haggy | February 9, 2017

That's consistent with the displays inside Tesla that show worldwide activity. They say "up to 10 minute delay." So I was surprised to hear that it's real time, given that their own computers don't show it that way. I assume that they don't use a single computer for every car that hooks up to their network, and there has to be a central one that gets periodic updates.

rxlawdude | February 9, 2017

It's fascinating to watch Fountain Valley. All stalls in use most of the day.

hsadler | February 9, 2017

Be nice to see this also via home computer or in the Tesla Apps. Just so you can check out various station status' before going to the car (for preliminary planning).

Pages