Forums

Towing package on the Model 3

Towing package on the Model 3

A towing package on the M3 per the local Tesla sales rep. He was pretty adamant about towing package even when I told him we had EaglesPDX on record in the forum promising the no tow package. I'm guessing the sales people have had some information updates to justify his "for sure" statements on towing.

Tesla called twice. First the factory sales guy, saying he saw I owned a MS and had M3 reservation and would I be interested in test driving a MX to "get a better understanding". Obviously Tesla is trying to upsell MX to current MS owners with M3 reservations. The current model trifecta is what he called it.

Then the local Tesla sales rep called to confirm the test drive. Both of the Tesla sales people were surprised by my comment about the tow package for the M3 but the local guy was the one who was so sure about TOWING PACKAGE.

Had to postpone the MX drive for an urgent ice climbing trip but I’ll reschedule and bring my EaglesPDX forum posts along see if I can get the sales guy to call Elon while I’m there. I heard Elon and this Eagles guy are pretty tight.

KP in NPT | March 2, 2017

LOL! Perfect. ;-)

akgolf | March 2, 2017

:).

mntlvr23 | March 2, 2017

lol

Rocky_H | March 2, 2017

It's hilarious that Eagles was so focused on Tweets that Musk said related to glass roofs and solar as a possibility, and Eagles is twisting that into iron-clad assurance that solar roof will be on the Model 3. However, on this issue, where Musk has said definitely and in exact words that there will be a towing package for the Model 3, Eagles prefers to pretend Musk hasn't addressed this, but prefers to take the word of some anonymous sales rep as gospel. Wow, overstocked on hypocrisy at the President's Day sale, huh?

Sandy’s 3 | March 2, 2017

'djharrington' GREAT POST! Funniest post in a long time! They gotta be tight man. Don't forget it was he (or she?) that confirmed Elon had, if fact, changed the trunk to a hatch........!

Sandy’s 3 | March 2, 2017

Now that I think about it do you think maybe they are............NO, can't be............

dsvick | March 2, 2017

Awesome!! Well done dj!!

SamO | March 2, 2017

@dj lulz

Sparky | March 2, 2017

So the question is; if you tow a small boat with a Model 3, how far can you back down a boat launch before you risk a shocking result? Perhaps a trailer tongue extension would be money well spent.

djharrington | March 2, 2017

Sparky, Tesla's are boats! Remember Elon's tweet about it?

Sparky | March 2, 2017

Yes, and I saw the video. I suppose it would take a lot of immersion until you flooded something important. I'll be careful the first time I try it though!

djharrington | March 2, 2017

Reminds my of The Office episode where he follows the GPS into the lake :)

Badbot | March 3, 2017

"an urgent ice climbing trip"
when I ice climb I make sure I have eagles posts printed out so I can do my Ice climbing paper work.

El Mirio | March 3, 2017

bump

makobill | March 3, 2017

Elon for the win. Eagles for the ban hammer (that doesn't exist)...

KP in NPT | March 3, 2017

Bumpity

El Mirio | March 3, 2017

and up it goes

akgolf | March 3, 2017

It's bump day.

mntlvr23 | March 3, 2017

Elon's tweet:
twitter DOT com/elonmusk/status/716708661024804866

KP in NPT | March 4, 2017

bump

pgcanonica | March 5, 2017

Towing package on MS is essential. More of an SUV than MX! Will M3 have a hatchback option?

JeffreyR | March 5, 2017

https://mobile.twitter.com/elonmusk/status/716708661024804866?lang=en

@pcanonica hatchback is common topic. And no it will be a trunk from what we can tell from tweets and other hints.

Tesla Forum Enhancement Suite (TFES) can add search or use "site search" in Google.

Red Sage ca us | March 5, 2017

Bumpocity Baggins.

Sandy’s 3 | March 6, 2017

Bumpeded2

andy.connor.e | March 6, 2017

I'll ship out my toes in a package and hopefully people will be satisfied with their new toe package.

akgolf | March 6, 2017

Bump.

Badbot | March 6, 2017

things that go

Bump

in the night

akgolf | March 6, 2017

Bump.

Sandy’s 3 | March 6, 2017

And again

akgolf | March 7, 2017

Bump.

Red Sage ca us | March 7, 2017

Braavosi Bumpkins!

akgolf | March 8, 2017

Bump.

mntlvr23 | March 9, 2017

Hi

andy.connor.e | March 9, 2017

Its clear that since there are multiple topics on the issue of a towing package, clearly we do not have any kind of actual confirmation as to whether this will be actually offered, nor the pricing or payload or anything else. If this has already been confirmed why are we still talking about it, and why are there multiple topics addressing this?

Sandy’s 3 | March 9, 2017

Boompupity. Squash the troll.

akgolf | March 9, 2017

Bumpity

akgolf | March 9, 2017

Bump.

Red Sage ca us | March 10, 2017

Bang-a-lang Bump!