Forums

Everything Wrong with Fox News in 1 Video

Everything Wrong with Fox News in 1 Video

This was startling in the way it is cut together but really shows how #fauxoutrage Fox News is.

Fox News: The President Shouldn’t Talk to Dictators (If It’s Obama)
Fox News HATED the idea of Obama talking to foreign dictators. Guess how they feel about Trump doing it?

https://twitter.com/nowthisnews/status/974450928714747906

SUN 2 DRV | March 16, 2018

@SamO: Thanks for sharing this. Their short memories and their hypocrisy is astonishingly clear.

docdac | March 16, 2018

BFD

SamO | March 16, 2018

@S2D,

Yup. Pretty sad summary of the state of the Republican party (& their mouthpieces).

@docdac,

I agree. Fox is a joke and has slowly lost it's sway over regular folks.

MitchP85D | March 16, 2018

I agree. BFD sums it up! Whether Obama or Trump speaks to the North Korean dictator was never an issue with me. Just made up goofy liberal phony outrage.

rxlawdude | March 16, 2018

"Whether Obama or Trump speaks to the North Korean dictator was never an issue with me."

I wish we had your contemporaneous commentary when Obama was proposing those talks. I'm sure we'd find you doing a Trump (a new word for "LYING").

MitchP85D | March 16, 2018

Well Hellasmarter dude, your surety is about as certain as the sun rising in the west tomorrow!

Mitch, maybe you personally consider it a non-issue.... but just look at what Fox themselves said then and now. They're completely hypocritical, but that's par for the course with them.

So it may be BFD to you, but it IS a big deal for anyone that watches Fox and hopes to get any real info vs propaganda...

Are you saying you never watch Fox and never believe anything they say?

Uncle Paul | March 16, 2018

The same case can be made (and has been made) about the other networks, such as MSNBC and CNN. All the networks seem to have an agenda and typically stick to their agenda in their narration.

Media that thought that Obama could do no wrong are now saying that Trump can do nothing right. Each tends to choose their champions.

Viewers tend to watch the networks that support their beliefs. It makes them feel good when the commentors say things that they agree with. Makes them feel like they have been right all along.

In this case, I feel it was wrong for Obama to bow low to a Muslim Sheik, but feel it is good if Trump holds Kim's feet to the fire and gets N. Korea to abandon nukes. Others may of course disagree and point out the hypocrisy they find.

UP: How do you even put those two examples in the same sentence? By what metric are they in any way related?

SO | March 17, 2018

@Mitch - “Just made up goofy liberal phony outrage.”

Come on now Mitch. How can you just state it’s only liberal outrage?

SCCRENDO | March 17, 2018

@Uncle_Paul.
“In this case, I feel it was wrong for Obama to bow low to a Muslim Sheik, but feel it is good if Trump holds Kim's feet to the fire and gets N. Korea to abandon nukes. Others may of course disagree and point out the hypocrisy they find.”

You take issue with Obama bowing low to a Muslim Sheik. Some would suggest that this is a racists anti-Islam dog whistle. On the other hand that David Dennison would bow down to Rocket Man would be ok with you. It looks like Obama and the Europeans got a treaty out of the Iranian Muslims to suspend their nuclear program yet David Dennisson would like to destroy that. As per the clip above how come David Dennison meeting with Kim unconditionally would be worthy of a Nobel Peace Prize yet would be foolish and naive if Obama had done it.
Yes I would consider this hypocrisy.

Uncle Paul | March 17, 2018

Don't get me wrong, thinking that I belive that hypocrisy is right for any politician or any "news" network.

My point is that all the networks are wrife with hypocrisy. It is all over the place, and pretty blatant on both sides.

Same with politicians. When their person is in power, everything he does and says is great. When the other guy is in power, everything they do and say is wrong. Just the way it is.

Foolish to get your political viewpoints from any of the newworks. They all have an agenda, and bend the facts to best represent their narrative.

The deal with the bow low President is that the American flag (represented by the President) is never permitted to be dipped to a foreign state, or their representative.

Tesla-David | March 17, 2018

Astonishing hypocrites! So called FoxNews is a laughing stock and anything but News.

bish | March 17, 2018

Its hard to take Fox News seriously since the departure of Anna Kooiman.

rxlawdude | March 17, 2018

When NewsCorp was reorganized into two units - journalistic properties and entertainment properties, Fox "News" was part of the entertainment division. The same one that purveys The Simpsons and Family Guy.

Real news properties went to the division that actually understands the difference between news and entertainment.

Those facts are lost on the nastier Fox viewers.

Teetoogrn | March 18, 2018

SamO, you know your original comment and Fox piece doesn't matter, right? Politics has become the new religion. My way is the only way...I have faith in the leader. Even if he says something asinine, is caught lying, allegedly committed adultery, my leader's indescretion don't matter. Only the past administration's faux pas matter... then and now. Confirmation bias won't allow staunch republicans to admit that Trump even has faults, or has made mistakes. All I can say is, "so it shall be written, so it shall be done."

SCCRENDO | March 18, 2018

@teetoogrn. I think you miss the point. The deplorables tend to claim that Foxnews is the only real news and the rest of the news media is fake news. This clip highlights that their so called News bible is indeed mostly trashy biased opinions of Trump sycophants Fox talking heads.

Teetoogrn | March 18, 2018

Thanks SCC, but I truly get it. My point was that no matter how many facts you produce, their reality cannot be altered. It can't. To admit they were wrong, would be to admit to not only themselves, but to the web-world, that they were duped by a conman and a broken system. It takes a really big person to admit that. The repercussions could be monumental to the future of that party. Sadly, for this reason your presentation of the hypocrisy at Fox is futile.

bish | March 19, 2018

Here is a fun fact about Fox News:
Ainsley Earhardt, Heather Childers, and Anna Kooiman all attended the same elementary school, Sharon Elementary School. Although they attended at different times and were never classmates.

NoMoPetrol | March 20, 2018

@bish "Ainsley Earhardt, Heather Childers, and Anna Kooiman all attended the same elementary school, Sharon Elementary School."

Next we're going to find out that Aesop was their third grade teacher and that the Brothers Grimm taught 5th and 6th grade.

blacktape242 | March 20, 2018

can say the same with most MSN networks really. they are all horrible.

SCCRENDO | March 20, 2018

@aortner. No they are not. Evidence please.

blacktape242 | March 20, 2018

CNN, they are terrible, hence their ratings.

dmm1240 | March 20, 2018

SCC/Tee:

Right wing authoritarianism. Read this book, it explains it all.

"The Authoritarians" by Bob Altemeyer, Associate Professor of Psychology, University of Manitoba. He's so alarmed at what he found after four decades of study he made the book free. Here's a link: http://home.cc.umanitoba.ca/~altemey/

dmm1240 | March 20, 2018

Whoops. Link is no longer valid. Here's the new valid one.

http://theauthoritarians.org/Downloads/TheAuthoritarians.pdf

SCCRENDO | March 20, 2018

@Dmm. Link didn't work at the office. Will look when I get home
@aortner. Ratings have no relationship to honesty. Otherwise Fox would have no viewers.

bish | March 20, 2018

NoMo--

Check out the 5th trivia item.

Ainsley Earhardt
https://www.imdb.com/name/nm3602115/

rxlawdude | March 20, 2018

How about this?
Fox News "degenerated from providing a legitimate and much-needed outlet for conservative voices" to morphing into a "mere propaganda machine for a destructive and ethically ruinous administration." - Fox News Contributor Lt. Ralph Peters

rxlawdude | March 20, 2018

As you might imagine, the Fox Faithful are feeling pretty low on the Fox "News" comment boards.