Forums

What feature do you find amazing about your Tesla vehicle?

What feature do you find amazing about your Tesla vehicle?

Whenever I get ready to go over a large bump or a dip in the road I raise the suspension to very high on the touchscreen and then what is amazing is how it will remember to raise the car itself automatically the next time. Just raising the suspension is fun by itself and then the extra bonus of it raising automatically.

I thought about this the other day and how far advanced my Tesla car is. Sure, it's not perfect like most things but it has many amazing features that I have enjoyed for almost 5 years now.

rednairb | March 30, 2018

Well, I have only had my car for about two weeks, and I was away on vacation for one of those! :-) So to me, the whole car is fricken amazing!!! Sure I could sit here and complain about a couple of minor issues like a lot of people are doing, but there is so much awesomeness that out weighs these minor glitches that will eventually be fixed with software... WHO CARES!!! To be honest, before I got the car, I thought I would be one of "those people", because 100k is a lot of money, and I never dreamed I would spend that much on a car. As my delivery day got closer and closer, I worried about what I might do if the car was not perfect! Luckily I did not see any blemishes, and everything I tried worked on delivery day! So for me, I am still trying to decide what the most amazing thing is.. I'll have to get back to you!

jerrykham | March 30, 2018

Even though it drives like a jerk (accelerating too hard into sudden openings and such), I love the TACC. I use it every day on the way home from work and it makes the crappy traffic a better place.

Chunky Jr. | March 30, 2018

being able to charge at home and free supercharging

Warkovision | March 30, 2018

1.) By and large one pedal driving. I love hardy ever using the brakes except to bring it to a complete stop.
2.) Great power/acceleration.
3.) it's.....QUIET!!! ;>)
4.) Renewable energy....much more so when he finally have our solar system installed.
5.) Though not specific only to Teslas really but I do like the phone app.

kash8089 | March 30, 2018

#1 - silky smooth ride
#2 - Autopilot

kerryglittle | March 30, 2018

This may sound superficial but the one thing that sold me on my test drive was the launch. I slowly digested the other amazing features over time but boy that G force caught my attention first. :-)

Innkeep | March 30, 2018

From my perspective of being an elderly lady, The feature I enjoy the most is getting admiration from teenage boys and having them pay attention to my Tesla spiels on everything Tesla.

Stiction | March 30, 2018

1. Quiet, smooth
2. Raw torque, G forces, warp drive sound that goes with it.
3. Safety in crash
4. Beautiful to look at
+
10. TACC
+
100. Autosteer

Darthamerica | March 30, 2018

Everything! But more specifically...

1. Autopilot
2. Passenger room
3. Cargo space
4. Not needing to stop at gas stations or SC because I charge overnight
5. Connectivity
6. Performance!
7. One petal driving
8. Superchargers when needed
9. Big display
10. iOS and Android Apps
11. The design

NKYTA | March 30, 2018

* SuperCharger Network

Reserved car Aug of 2009. Car delivered Dec 2012.

4 extant SCs at Delivery time by flatbed.

Now 1209 in the world.

Effingham amazing!

Silver2K | March 30, 2018

Accelerator pedal and the insane handling.

The rest is icing on the cake

MilesMD88 | March 30, 2018

What Silver Said...

Conan_the_Contrarian | March 30, 2018

Every high-end car has every autopilot feature, except for auto-steering (but they all have lane-keeping assist, which helps manually keep you in your lane if you leave your lane without signalling, which gives audio and vibration warnings when you leave your lane without signalling). While Tesla have the auto-steer advantage, the others have real blind-spot warnings, while Tesla doesn't (at least Model S doesn't).

So I'm not sure that the TACC or AP features can qualify as "amazing" when everyone else has them too. Maybe the only exception is getting really specific with auto-steer, which is actually useless if used as directed.

kash8089 | March 31, 2018

forgot to mention - #1 MS is super sexy... Tesla's "hole in one".

ScottKrueger97 | March 31, 2018

@Conan_the_Contrarian

You post the same thing in Every Damn Forum... hate Tesla Much???
My New Vette has NONE of those features so "Every High End Car" does not.
I know the Quality guy at Cadillac and whenever I took a ride in his test car of the week I would say "hey these heater controls don't work" he would tell that they do work... This is one of the guys that tested Super Cruise, so I'd be super nervous of that system.... he thinks every person that turns in a car for a deffect is lying or trying to get out of their lease. It makes him bad at finding real problems.

TranzNDance | March 31, 2018

The go pedal's ability to launch the car like a rocket.

Silver2K | March 31, 2018

Conan_the_Contrarian | March 30, 2018
Every high-end car has every autopilot feature, except for auto-steering (but they all have lane-keeping assist, which helps manually keep you in your lane if you leave your lane without signalling, which gives audio and vibration warnings when you leave your lane without signalling). While Tesla have the auto-steer advantage, the others have real blind-spot warnings, while Tesla doesn't (at least Model S doesn't).

So I'm not sure that the TACC or AP features can qualify as "amazing" when everyone else has them too. Maybe the only exception is getting really specific with auto-steer, which is actually useless if used as directed.
------------

Does their TACC do stop and go traffic without AP on?
What blind spot warning are you talking about? My car shows something to my right and left on my dash warning me not to take the lane. They're called sensors and you can see them active on your dash.

Silver2K | March 31, 2018

Conan

What I think you're saying (in a negative uneducated way) is you want the warning on the mirrors, not on the cluster, right?

Do the other cars do this? AP does not need to be on, by the way.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ihXxvspNTKo

PatientFool | March 31, 2018

1. Charging at home. Waking up with a full tank each day. Never going to a gas station again.
2. One pedal driving. Love this.
3. Acceleration. Fun!
4. The interior. Love the two screens and interacting with them and the technology there. Love my tan leather. Love the seats.
5. Updates! Love them.. No other car gets better every few weeks.
6. AP/TACC. The convenience of it at times despite it's quirks.
7. All that storage.
8. Watching folks rip on people like Conan in the forums. lol

sentabo | March 31, 2018

Acceleration, baby!

PatientFool | March 31, 2018

Oh not paying for fuel. Forgot that one. It's not a huge deal of course but seeing gas stations go by that you never have to stop at and their prices reminds you of how little you pay on fuel comparatively. At home maybe 1/4 of what i used to pay in gas and on trips, zero.

MarylandS85 | March 31, 2018

1. Technology, with dazzling displays, over-the-air updates, and no ties to outdated legacy hardware. This is a future-minded company.
2. No oil-based consumption with all the drawbacks associated with oil. This means a lesser carbon footprint (less climate change contribution), no need for refueling at a gas station, no need for oil/filter changes, and no need for emission testing.
3. Regenerative braking, with lesser use of the brake pedal and brake pads.
4. Elegance of design. All of Tesla’s vehicles are beautiful to me, even the Model X, and I usually abhor SUV’s.
5. Elegance of engineering (aka simplicity). An electric drivetrain is clearly so much less complicated than an internal combustion engine with all that goes with it (transmission, exhaust, noise, maintenance).
6. Uniqueness. Even in the most infiltrated markets, so few electric vehicles are out there that there is still a lot of edumication necessary for the general public, and I enjoy being the harbinger of the (hopefully inevitable) future of transportation.

SeaDoc | April 1, 2018

Besides the beauty of the S, circa 12/16, the acceleration, 0-60 4.2sec, the handling, the quiet, zero emissions, the regenerative breaking, free Supercharging, and the most important, is that this car has improved significantly through OTA updates nearly every month or two I've had her. NO OTHER CAR COMPANY WOULD EVER DO THAT!!! and do it for FREE!!! Tesla is a threat to the status quo - I am so proud to be a part of its future success...

PagemakersS75P3 | April 1, 2018

Never again getting into a cold car and scraping the ice off the windscreen on a freezing cold crappy day.

Silver2K | April 1, 2018

sentabo | March 31, 2018
Acceleration, baby!
----------------------

did you just call the OP, baby?

Captain_Zap | April 1, 2018

1. The lack of a center console. A place to set "the bag" without taking up a passenger's space. I feel sorry for those that can't have that option anymore.

2. The incredible acceleration and deceleration control by using just the accelerator. (Although it isn't nearly as good as it used to be and it is now quite hobbled. More regenerative braking please! It is what sealed the deal.)

3. Long distance fob entry. (Again, not as good as it used to be.)

4. Anytime AC whether the car is on or off. Great for ferry line waits, temporary pet sitting and camping.

5. Never having to experience a gas station again.

6. Storage space!

7. No noxious fumes. I notice them more in gas cars now. I guess our noses learned to accommodate the smells.

8. I love the door handles. I haven't broken a nail in over 5 years.

P.S. The autopilot features never interested me.

insfbayarea | April 2, 2018

on Christmas Eve, showing up at the Tesla Fremont factory charging for a charge to find 4 stations out of service and waiting behind 7 other cars to leech of the free charging that I also paid for in advance definitely beats the fumes and delay i'd have to spend 5-10 mins at a gas station weekly.

sr.smr | April 2, 2018

Silver2K, your OK in my book! Maybe you can help. In the youtube video you posted it shows the Tesla ready to merge into a lane unsafely and the audible alarm alerts the driver. I had an experience whereby autopilot was off and I signaled to move into the right lane. As I started to move over I only heard the car in the right lane sound his horn. I never heard the audible warning from my MS. What could be the cause of this lack of notification?

Darren_78 | April 3, 2018

Thanks for everyone who shared an amazing feature:) and more so far. A lot of great things mentioned that I enjoy too!

mel_brewton | April 4, 2018

1. quickness out of the gate...i love to race everyone at stop lights, lol
2. sound system
3. sexy as hell
4. summons sounds cool, just can't get it to work yet
*ive only had my model s for one week tho:)

mmw03 | April 4, 2018

Acceleration + handling no doubt.

TSLC | April 4, 2018

I am surprised no one has mentioned the incredible unobstructed expanse that is the all glass roof.

Silver2K | April 4, 2018

"Dark Vaper | April 4, 2018
I am surprised no one has mentioned the incredible unobstructed expanse that is the all glass roof."
------------

I did, it's part of the icing. :)

Silver2K | March 30, 2018
Accelerator pedal and the insane handling.

The rest is icing on the cake

retiredsprky | April 5, 2018

1. No noise
2. No leaks
3. No stink

backspin300 | April 6, 2018

Do you remember the first time you got a DVR and you no longer had to sit through commercials because you could time-shift? You knew right then you would never go back to watching real-time TV.

I realized during my first Tesla EV test drive that this was the future - no going back to ICE. To all the Tesla nay-sayers, I can only say if you really like the MB AWG, go for it. Driving a Tesla is an experience like no other. Sure it's not perfect but the positives far outweigh the negatives.

1) It's electric!
2) Acceleration
3) AP and its potential
4) Sound system and Internet radio
5) Handling
6) Roominess
7) Seats are awesome
8) Just Cool!

Worth mentioning - THE OWNER'S MANUAL! Having dealt with horribly written and disorganized manuals from all sorts of devices (computer hardware and software, appliances, cars, TVs) and at times having to write my own documentation, Tesla really got it right. I honestly do not think they could have done a better job. It's English! And written in a language that easily understandable. It's obvious a lot of thought and planning went into this.

kh | April 6, 2018

Aside from the common things others are mentioning here like fuel cost 1/4 that of gas, not including when it's free, no fumes, quiet, lots of room, acceleration... my favorite features are, especially as an technology professional:

1. Winter remote preheat and (new feature) battery warming
2. The range and Superchargers
3. All the plug adapters available for the UMC, I have them all plus a few extra I've wired up from Home Depot
4. Instantaneous Volts and Amps readout, especially as charging starts allows an electrical engineer to determine the health of the circuit -- if Volts drop too quickly as Amps ramp up, it means the circuit is weak, wire gauge too thin, or run/extension cord is too long for its gauge. Also allows seeing when you are on USA commercial 208/120 V three-phase as opposed to 240/120 Volt split-phase residential.
5. Having option for almost-DC-fast-charging rate at home with 80 Amps (dual chargers) on 250 Volts (at my house) at home -- that's 20,000 Watts, almost half of what I can get on a CHAdeMO DC fast charger.
6. "Camping mode" where I can keekp the heat on while sleeping in the car.
7. Nav system planning for trip and charging.
8. Ability to turn off "creep mode"

Mike83 | April 6, 2018

The music sound system and overall perfection in quality of the MS and M3. Getting OTA improvements is really really exciting. Nothing else comes close.

Mike83 | April 6, 2018

Almost forgot. The AP with auto steering and lane changes is awesome and we have avoided several accidents in the last two years with warnings of problems ahead.

insfbayarea | April 6, 2018

> Getting OTA improvements is really really exciting.
Yep love that, until it catches a bug like Barrier Lust https://www.reddit.com/r/teslamotors/comments/8a0jfh/autopilot_barrier_l...
beastpilotModel X Owner | 90D | AP2[S] 161 points 1 day ago
Yep, works for 6 months with zero issues. Then one Friday night you get an update. Everything works that weekend, and on your way to work on Monday. Then, 18 minutes into your commute home, it drives straight at a barrier at 60 MPH.

Mike83 | April 6, 2018

Cover your shorts. Your dog don't run.

insfbayarea | April 6, 2018

i don't own any $TSLA or a dog.

Mike83 | April 6, 2018

Do you have a driver's license. It seems you know nothing about Teslas and are only here to scam. Perhaps you are paid to troll?

NKYTA | April 6, 2018

jijojv

Flagged! Idiot!!

Where is Mclary?

WattsUpDoc | April 7, 2018

1. The instant toque.
2. The incredible handling. (I've never owned or driven a high-end car before. Perhaps they're all this way; however, the way this car handles is incredible. It reminds me of the line from Pretty Woman "...corners like it's on rails."
3. The GPS "memory" adjusting the suspension and opening/closing the garage door automatically (simple minds [mine] are easily entertained).
4. Auto-steer. It has saved my behind a couple of times on the way home after a night shift.

Silver2K | April 7, 2018

NKYTA | April 6, 2018
jijojv

Flagged! Idiot!!
-----------------

A virus. Only flags can remove it.

insfbayarea | April 8, 2018

Today I had to park in a mall style open area parking lot and after i got out realized i was encroaching on the lines of the spot behind me and with a few clicks was able to summon it forward. Yeah it's a love hate thing...

Run4Waffles | April 8, 2018

Answers can be found here:

https://forums.tesla.com/forum/forums/warning-he-wants-know-why?page=1#c...

Do you remember your first?