Forums

"Tesla risks a blowout as problems mount, but fans keep the hype machine in overdrive"

"Tesla risks a blowout as problems mount, but fans keep the hype machine in overdrive"

Another biased article on Tesla:

http colon //www dot cbc dot ca/news/business/tesla-electric-vehicles-ev-environment-cars-emissions-1.4624510

MalibuRed | April 21, 2018

Agree. It seems since the CBS interview and shut down at tesla assembly these negative stories about tesla and the 3 are mounting... wouldn’t be surprised if another EV company is spinning......

Epicurus | April 21, 2018

There certainly is a lot of haters of Tesla and I think the press is trying to create an image of Tesla as a 'bad' company with stories about bad safety and poor decisions about the production line. I also think that most of the business press earns a lot of ad revenue from big oil and ICE automakers and it's in those publication's interest to bash Tesla. After all have you seen any Tesla ads? Seems like the press in this case is just doing their master's bidding.

BTW, I am not a rabid fan boy. I do know that with every new endeavor there is going to be problems to overcome. I think that Elon is working through these issues now and the next time the line starts up there will be greater output.

Coastal Cruiser. | April 21, 2018

Biased?

Thanx for the link. Just ordered Melissa Schilling's book.

Here's a complete link:
http://www.cbc.ca/news/business/tesla-electric-vehicles-ev-environment-c...

mos6507 | April 21, 2018

"the press is trying to create an image of Tesla as a 'bad' company with stories about bad safety and poor decisions about the production line."

Most of what's happened lately surrounding Tesla has been negative. It's not the press' fault or some sort of conspiracy theory to report on it.

Epicurus | April 21, 2018

Ok so I am guilty of a little hyperbole. My point is that there is a lot more critical press surrounding Tesla than say Jaguar's effort or Audi's effort. I know that when there is a lot of interest in some company or person there also is more likely to be coverage of that company. And what sort of story would it be if the headline read, "Tesla has a good day of Production". No one would read that story. I think the press right now is a little guilty of trying to find a story that will bump ad revenue rather than publishing any 'real' story about Tesla. I would argue that you can find a negative story about any company if you dug a little. It's just that Tesla is in the spotlight, for good or for bad, and the press is 'reporting'. And I still will argue that it's pretty negative coverage and is written to get attention rather than being anything really news worthy. Just my opinion.

santadam | April 21, 2018

Tesla just get allot of press, period! No other car company has such a spotlight on it. Every crash makes news, every change in production, every adjustment of its stock, every announcement of its founder. It really is an insane amount of focus and to me, it's all over the map depending on current events. And, if it's not Tesla making news, its Elon himself, SpaceX, the Boring Co., the Hyper Loops and on it goes. Both Nissan and Chevy had rather slow production ramps and roll outs of their EVs and no one really noticed.

Love em or hate em, you gotta admit the focus Tesla gets is wildly out of proportion to other car companies.

Ericschmidt | April 21, 2018

Keep in mind Tesla does not advertise. How many car commercials do you see on CNBC, Bloomberg, et al? They do not hope for Tesla to succeed.

phil | April 21, 2018

Epicurus | April 21, 2018 "I think the press is trying to create an image of Tesla as a 'bad' company..."

Tesla is a bad company that makes cool cars.

Bri | April 21, 2018

Tesla has been getting bad press since day one and the more successful, the more bad press. I quit wasting time on it a long time ago and won’t support it with my clicks.

josmall | April 21, 2018

Anyone having problems with the App not working since the last update?

Mike83 | April 21, 2018

May be an ATT outage issue.

carlk | April 21, 2018

There are a lot good press where it matters. I have not seen an honest review of the Model 3, or other models, that is not at least very good. All those hit pieces are only about superficial things that please haters and get clicks but matter little. Those haters will not buy Tesla cars or Tesla stocks anyway, All you need is enough "fans" that will. There are uninformed people out there that could fall into the trap but that is fine. I just call those people reserve Tesla customers. Sooner or later they will figure out the truth and get one.

mark1234 | April 21, 2018

The big three are desperate for Tesla to fail.
Once Elon starts releasing the $35k model, it's game over.

NoMoPetrol | April 21, 2018

@Ericschmidt "Keep in mind Tesla does not advertise...

PT Barnum once said, "I don't really care what they say about me just so long as they spell my name right."