I do enjoy reading all the stories about folks that go for a test drive, get blown away, put in there reservation and 6-8 weeks later ... voila! A beautiful Model S appears! I'm soo happy for you ... really ... (mutters under breath ... rusha, frusha!! I wish I could plunk down 90 K for the car of my dreams ;-(
Ever since I heard about Tesla, I'm completely hooked!! Unfortunately my bank account cannot match my enthusiasm for a Tesla IMMEDIATELY :-)
Literally, one month before I heard about Tesla ... I had invested my 50K savings into an investment property.
BUT ... no worries ... us 97 percenters can be very resourceful, when we put our minds to something.
And so I thought I'd share some of the ways that I'm 'pinching my pennies' so that I can have a Model X in my garage (maybe even a signature one :-)
- Starbuck's trips have been reduced from 3-4 times a week to 3-4 times a month.
- Mani/pedi's have been decreased from weekly to monthly.
- Salon trips reduced from every 6 weeks to 9 weeks.
- Eating out reduced from 1-2 times a week to 1-2 times a month.
- No new clothes for me :-(
- I run a small home based business - actively working on increasing revenue by 25%.
- All revenue from my investment property will be put towards Model X.
I'm open to any and all suggestions :-)