Forums

"Your order has been modified"

"Your order has been modified"

I have just received email with a message "Your order has been modified" with subject "Confirming your Model 3 update". I reviewed my account but did not see any change. I have never requested any modification of my order. I replied but found the sender address is unmonitored.

I wonder what the purpose of this email is for. Anyone received the same message?

akawana2009 | 2 October 2018

I received that notice as well. I suspect it was because I made a mistake with my wife's birthday and called to have it changed. They changed it immediately but I never heard from Tesla about confirming it. It's all well and I picked up the car last Saturday without a hitch.

bengarlick | 2 October 2018

I also got that email. For me it looks like on the order PDF they changed

Long Range All-Wheel Drive Performance $64,000

to

Model 3
Not including the $7,500 Federal Tax Credit
$35,000
Long Range All-Wheel Drive Performance $29,000

(ie breaking up the single entry into two entries, and mentioning the rebate)

churin | 2 October 2018

I learned from a poster for other thread that order date in pdf file for Purchase Agreement has been changed from original 6/29/2018 to 10/2/2018. Other that this I do not see any change of the order number and the description, and not to mention price. I wonder why they need to change the order date.

Hausandr | 3 October 2018

I’d ask about the order date change. The original date is the only proof you get the free internet access for ordering before June 30th. That is the only thing you have to dispute any improper charge later on. None of the official paperwork mentions the free access.

vb1 | 3 October 2018

There should be an 'Order Agreement' under documents in your account page that lists when the order was created.
For me the order agreement doesn't list $371 for Registration/Transfer/Titling fees but Payment does. Did you have all have to pay this extra fee?

parthjpatel1990 | 3 October 2018

i received the same email. They changed my wheel size from 18'' to 19'' sports and added $1,500 to my total. I call them next morning and they said its a free upgrade due to some production issue of 18'' wheels. and $1500 will come off at the end. I feel like it's a trap. not taking the delivery until I see $54,000 MSRP plus Taxes and Docs fees(m3 LR, black, autopilot)

moabchick | 3 October 2018

I just spoke with Tesla (called the 800 #). I asked about the email today with the "updated" order agreement and asked why it what changed to Oct 3 (I configured on June 28). The rep was very nice - he couldn't see why the change occurred or why the email was generated or who did it. He did confirm that he could see I configured on June 28. He said he was taking down my info to add me to some escalation process/list because I'm approaching 4 months post order. I then said I was glad because I'd had a delivery date and time, sold our vehicle 48 hours before the appointment, and then got a text 24 hours before the appointment that we were NOT getting our car. Hopefully they resolve this soon. The rep said escalations are going to "senior management." OH! I asked about making sure I'd get the free internet since I ordered before June 30, and that I was worried the Oct 3 date on the order form would ruin that - he advised me to not sign the order if it isn't right and if I don't get the free internet.

Vobatung | 3 October 2018

parthjpatel1990 I also got the same email. They changed to 19” wheels and free. I picked up the car last week, 19” looks awesome.

parthjpatel1990 | 3 October 2018

Vobatung ..oh thats awesome! Congratulations!

did they change the final price on delivery date or before that? I am asking so I can do the correct paperworks for Loan. thanks

Vobatung | 3 October 2018

I emailed my delivery advisor. He adjusted the price about 1 week before delivery day.

HKH | 4 October 2018

I think this means that we have been put in the queue gain. When I ordered, upgraded to white interior, and got a "delivery date" scheduled, each time there was an email with an attached order agreement/ MVPA with a new, updated date on it.

I don't know if it means that we are in the back of the line or maintain our original place. I hope they match by seniority. But they really HAVEN'T honored seniority so far-- deliveries seem pretty random.

Frank_398 | 4 October 2018

Mine was changed from 18' to 19' apparently this happens often my show manager said it was a mistake who knew I could've gotten the 19' free...

phil | 4 October 2018

Pray I do not modify it again.

staze | 5 October 2018

Happy for all those with the free 19" upgrades. Hasn't happened to my performance M3 yet. They also pushed my delivery date out 2 weeks from 9/28 to 10/13. Rates went up so now I'll be paying about a grand in extra interest. Ugh. Bright side is I'll be driving one of the best cars available right now.

fonkusg2 | 11 December 2018

I just got the "your order has been modified" notification tonight. The change was from the 18" aero wheels, which I like and want, to the 19" sport wheels, which I don't particularly like and don't want. I went ahead and restored my order to its original specs and got an immediate email confirmation. Hoping this doesn't screw up my delivery date or tax rebate!

nihirc | 11 December 2018

@fonkusg2, I just received email as well that my order has been modified. I had 18" aero wheels and now it has 19" sport wheels. The price also increased by around $2K. I will call them tomorrow to see what's going on. If they want to give 19" wheels that's fine but why do I have to pay if I didn't order.

nutrition76 | 19 April 2019

Ordered M3 on 3/30/2019 - LR, AWD, silver metallic, BlackWhite interior. No VIN or deliver date. Heard nothing but crickets until today. I received the same modification email changing my 18" aero wheels to 19" wheels that we did not approve. In addition, it increased our total price an extra $1500. I reached out to my owner advisor to find out why this occurred. We are in Phoenix.

Anyone received a similar email recently?

gballant4570 | 19 April 2019

vb1, everyone has to pay state fees if they want to drive their car legally. You need a title, and you need tags. Every state charges fees to provide them.

rrrobson | 20 April 2019

Me, too.

On 18 April I submitted my order:
- Long Range All-Wheel Drive
- Pearl White Paint
- 18’’ Aero Wheels
- All Black Premium Interior
- Autopilot
- Full Self-Driving Capability

On 19 Apr 2019 I received the Your order has bneen modified" email:
Your Model 3
- Long Range All-Wheel Drive
- Pearl White Paint
- 19’’ Sport Wheels
- All Black Premium Interior
- Autopilot
- Full Self-Driving Capability

I immediately called the 800 number and told them that someone had changed my order and I wanted the 18" and was told "you are right; that's not correct; technology! Stuff happens". He was able to look at my original order and confirm that it was as I stated - 18" NOT 19". Shortly after I got another "order modified" email, this time correctly stating my original configuration.

This looks like a pattern that Tesla needs to look into. Too many nearly identical fact situations for it to be a fluke. Something systemic in the online ordering process.

Lonestar10_1999 | 20 April 2019

It would have been a better story if Tesla said that due to an error on their part, the 19” wheel upgrade would be free of charge. Oh well, dare to dream.

nutrition76 | 22 April 2019

Follow Up: I spoke with the 800 number and they had no idea how this happened. I then called my owner advisor who said he has never seen this and looked into it. After digging he said the car was available and they would comp the 19 inch wheels if I took delivery that day or the next day. I was set on the 18 inch wheels so I declined. He changed my order back to my original and assured me that I would not lose my place in the queue. I think Tesla is just trying to fulfill orders with current inventory. We had always specified a custom build and are willing to wait.