Forums

Does Cybex Sirona M Convertible Car Seat / Sensorsafe 2.0 work with Tesla?!?

Does Cybex Sirona M Convertible Car Seat / Sensorsafe 2.0 work with Tesla?!?

Has anyone tried using a Cybex Sirona M convertible car seat with Sensorsafe 2.0?

It's a car seat that alerts you via app if you leave your child in the car, high and low temps, if the chest clip comes undone while driving, etc. It does this using an ODB-II reader that connects to your smart phone via BT, but I heard Tesla's ODB-II port doesn't really report anything. I'd love to hear if anyone has tried it to see if it works. I'd really love the app-enabled features if it works on a MX.

David

lilbean | 5 November 2018

It’s sad that people never forget heir phone in the car but forget their babies. A good trick is to put the phone in the car seat.

davidahn | 5 November 2018

It’s a common misconception that only parents who are irresponsible or don’t love their kids as much as others leave their child in the car, because “*I* would NEVER leave my child in the car!” Just like fase confessions can’t happen because “*I* would never confess to something I didn’t do!” (2/3 of those exonerated by DNA from murder convictions have falsely confessed).

It’s unfathomable, but it happens every month in the US. And being flip or judgmental isn’t going to prevent 25-48 deaths a year, but SensorSafe and technologies like it CAN. If car makers can build in technology to turn your headlights off to save your battery, why can’t they build in technology to save infant lives?

sdrodriguez27 | 20 June 2019

I wanted the answer to this question, instead things went astray.