Forums

How do I get Tesla to refund our reservation deposit?

How do I get Tesla to refund our reservation deposit?

We cancelled our Tesla 3 reservation in August. We've called many times through the fall and keep getting told "let me check some resources on this" or "it's been elevated to a manager" or "the refund investigation department is working on it" or "we'll call you tomorrow". No-one calles, no-one emails. I'm getting sick of it, we want our deposit back.

What on earth do we need to do to get Tesla to refund us?

lilbean | 17 January 2019

Click the search button.

m_wingert | 2 February 2019

We finally have our refund.

We cancelled our reservation in august, and requested our refund. Followed up several times, and you get ambiguous excuses, no-one follows through, no-one returns emails, no-one calls you. Always some other department's job, and no manager available. Finally, I started calling twice a day, yelled and screamed at one guy, no-one would put a supervisor on. They knew I was right, but wouldn't talk to me. Finally got a supervisor who actually agreed to personally follow it through, and received the cheque about 10 days later. Five months it took to get the 3-4 week refund. FIVE MONTHS!

Tesla knows talking to people doesn't make you money. Tesla knows the average person willing to fork out money for a Tesla does not have the time to chase them for trivial problems. So they try to wait you out. You can't call them. They don't return emails.

Last year we made an educated consumer decision not to purchase a Tesla. Our experience has ensured that we will never purchase anything from Tesla. Ever.

jimglas | 25 February 2019

troll flagged

EVolution | 27 February 2019

been holding my reservations for 3 years
I love it

bell1611 | 28 February 2019

I had a Model 3 reservation. Decided to get the Model S instead. I cancelled the reservation via my account online. Had the refund in my checking account in a few days. Nothing to see here!

Happy Camper | 4 March 2019

Bought a 3 in January at the Tesla Store from inventory. WAs told the $1K deposit had to be credited to my card and would take 2-3 days; then told 2 weeks; then told a check would be in the mail in 60 business days.