Forums

Purchased FSD at $2000. But not seen the update

Purchased FSD at $2000. But not seen the update

I purchased Full Self-Driving Capability yesterday. Got a confirmation like: Thank you for your purchase. It may take up to one hour for your Tesla to update. To install, you’ll need to be parked and have adequate connectivity. When the upgrade is complete, you will see a confirmation on your Tesla touchscreen.

At the time of purchase, the car was not connected with a Wi-Fi. I expected the update will be installed when I arrived home with WiFi available at home. But it didn't happen after an overnight.

Anybody has similar experience? What should I do: wait, bring it to SC, or contact Tesla ?
Thanks.

yabouzaid | 12 March 2019

How do u know u do not have it?, remember FSD features are not active, if you have EAP before, then FSD purchching wont change any,

ykityre-9015 | 12 March 2019

Good!~~~~~~~~~

JPPTM | 12 March 2019

Check your Tesla Account on line. Look at your vehicle details.

Vawlkus | 13 March 2019

Your car should present you with a pop up message when the install is complete.

jimglas | 13 March 2019

same here, nothing on my tesla acct for the car either. no pop up message so far, it was billed to my credit card though

TDUB | 13 March 2019

@JPPTM, nothing on my account shows any info regarding newly purchased FSD, except a new doc "Full Self-Driving Capability Invoice.pdf" appeared in My Documents.
@Vawlkus , that is what I was told when I made the purchase: "When the upgrade is complete, you will see a confirmation on your Tesla touchscreen".
@jimglas, glad you are on the same boat.

AIRV | 13 March 2019

My car updated to 5.16 day before yesterday. I purchased FSD yesterday morning and got a new software download a few hours after. The new software is 8.1. Version 9