Forums

Does the update 2019.8.5 for Peak Power Increase include the Model 3 Mid Range?

Does the update 2019.8.5 for Peak Power Increase include the Model 3 Mid Range?

Just updated the 2019.8.5 software update, but don't seem to notice the range and power increase on my mid range. Does the update only include Long Range and Performance?

Model3AnA | 5 April 2019

Before this update range with full charge used to be 265 mikes, now at 253 miles I am getting a message that charging is complete. Did midrange range drop? Anyone else see this?

gmr6415 | 5 April 2019

"We’re also excited to announce that we’re implementing a number of firmware upgrades for both new and existing customers. These upgrades will increase the range of the Long Range Rear-Wheel Drive Model 3 to 325 miles, increase the top speed of Model 3 Performance to 162 mph, and add an average of approximately 5% peak power to all Model 3 vehicles."

https://www.tesla.com/blog/35000-tesla-model-3-available-now

snande | 5 April 2019

With 2019.8.5 upgrade, my full charged milage is only 307mi? I was expecting approx 5% increase to 321 - 325 mi with Long Range Dual Motor , anyone else had similar observation? how to verify peak increase is working ?

kevin_rf | 5 April 2019

@snande Dual Motor is not getting the range increase, Only the Rear Wheel Drive Long Range.

billlake2000 | 5 April 2019

I was too impatient to wait for the dual motor, so I got the LR RWD, and was rewarded by getting my wange incweased.

jimglas | 5 April 2019

My P3D said it had a 5% power increase. I haven't had a chance to test it yet.

ebmcs03 | 5 April 2019

My LR got the 5% today. I haven’t felt it by the butt. But power deliver feels smoother.

AWDTesla | 5 April 2019

try and find a place where you can drive over 60mph, thats where I found the most difference (judging by my butt), over 60.

Brian | 5 April 2019

I have a mid-range and got the update last night. Release notes say 5% power increase, but no range increase. It did feel peppier on my drive to work this morning.

lbowroom | 5 April 2019

OP, the release notes tell you what's in the update. You get 5% more power, no range adjustment. To feel that, you need a pretty sensitive butt and note that you have to press that accelerator to the floor while having near full charge, not in chill or valet mode.

Darrelly | 5 April 2019

So I got the 8.5 update which says my LR AWD non-P got a 5% power/acceleration increase. I was told by another forum user that these new 0-60 times are reflected already on the tesla website. However the website didn't change the 0-60 time for the LR AWD non-P....does that mean this power increase happens in the range above 60mph for the LR AWD non-P? I'm confused how this power translates over if my acceleration was indeed increased.

steeezo | 19 April 2019

Model 3 Dual AWD. All I've noticed is that since the update, while I'm not driving any differently, my battery is draining a LOT faster! Anyone else?