Forums

Um, that's a lot of lemons!

Um, that's a lot of lemons!

Philadelphia woman is suing Tesla because she can't properly connect a Samsung Galaxy Note 8 to her Model 3.

https://www.philly.com/business/tesla-model-bluetooth-problems-samsung-c...

82bert | 15 April 2019

Oh please. I read that the other day. Lot of red flags jump at ya right away.

Bighorn | 15 April 2019

Imagine 10 years ago someone claiming their car was unsafe because it didn't function as a speakerphone. JFC

82bert | 15 April 2019

We live in a “fascinating” society these days. At least as far as the US is concerned.

gmkellogg | 15 April 2019

Weird how they didn't mention anything about the Husband's phone not working.

andy.connor.e | 15 April 2019

+420 @gmkellog

lilbean | 15 April 2019

Stupid people.

jimglas | 15 April 2019

tesla should sue her for being a moron

jimglas | 15 April 2019

tesla should sue her for being a moron

Tesla says its not the cars fault. Samsung says its not the phones fault. Owner says its Tesla probably because that will get the most publicity.

rxlawdude | 15 April 2019

Um, that's electric jenn, a former Tesla booster and active forum member.

For her to have soured to the point of a lawsuit is not good news for Tesla.

Bighorn | 15 April 2019

@rx
No it's not Jen.

alisse | 15 April 2019

I was worried it was @phillygal!

007bond | 15 April 2019

My apps crashes all the time my wifes does not same phones exact. I feel I have purchased bleeding edge tech it will come with some pain. I enjoy the software updates and understand just like with all SW there are bugs. But is it the phone or the app after all like I said my wife and I have the exact same phone with the exact same SW so who knows.

neylus | 15 April 2019

Not sure why you would say thats electric jenn. Weird.

@Big, you sure? The acquisition of the S and 3 match her posts in the past.

ILoveMyModel3 | 15 April 2019

I don't have any issues with App and it's currently used on a Samsung Note 9, iPhone 7 and LG v20. I call BS on this lady and her stupid case... lol

She bought the 3 in March 18. That's the date of her first post after receiving it.

How many Jenns in Philly got a 3 in March '18.

If not her, an amazing coincidence.

Kary993 | 15 April 2019

If the statement about the logs stating the Samsung phone initiated the disconnect are true then there is nothing wrong with the car, it is the phone. In that case it is not Tesla's responsibility to figure out why just her phone does not stay connected.

Lol all of you. So quick to say its a forum member without any evidence other than a name. This "electric jenn" has a page, and videos of her. Please tell me the two look alike. What a joke!

82bert | 15 April 2019

@andy. But but but...the name and 2 Teslas. Haha

But i forgot, that trial by public opinion dictates you are guilty until proven innocent.

Kathy Applebaum | 15 April 2019

Electric Jen posted on twitter just a few hours ago that she loves Tesla baby announcements, her profile photo on twitter looks nothing like the woman in the article.

It's almost as if Jennifer were one of the most common names for girls at certain times in our recent past and there might be multiples in a large city. :eyeroll:

Guys, I'm happy to admit I'm wrong. I know @phillygal's busy with her baby, but she hasn't posted a video to YouTube or her Teslarati blogs, and as far as I can tell, nothing much after getting the 3 (and her baby).

phillygal's 3 is blue. So is the Jennifer in the article. phillygal got her 3 in February '18. The Jennifer in the article got hers in March '18.

phillygal owned an S before the 3 (actually her hubby's IIRC). So does the Jennifer in the article.

That said, the pictures of Jenn in her Youtube videos and the picture of Jennifer in the article sure look different.

As I said, this must be a cosmic coincidence. And if I'm wrong, my sincere apologies!!

I'll be the first to flag my errant posts on this matter. Again, sorry.

What? Two Jennifers who live in Philadelphia who also own a tesla? Preposterous!

Oops. I can't flag my own posts. Guys and gals, please do so on any of the posts tying this lawsuit to phillygal.

Tesla was just starting to ramp up deliveries in Feb/Mar '18, so it's not a stretch to say that two blue M3s, each owner having a Model S, coupled with the article stating how big a Tesla fan she was, well...

I'm wrong. Pillory away! :-)

In a small attempt to make up with humor, it's also notable that both of the couple in the article have Salvage Teslas. :)

The first thing you should have noticed, was the lack of complaining about her smartphone not working for the last year from @PhillyGal. this really is such a joke

@andy, agreed as to why it was so odd to see the article. Now, I don't hang around twitter feeds and YouTube, but I do note she hasn't posted here in a while.

This is how innocent people get convicted and placed on death row. Prosecutorial misconduct. And I plead guilty.

And yes, it's ridiculous to sue Tesla for a problem with her phone. (And I've had two Samsungs that work fine with the phone in the 3 and the S.)

jimglas | 15 April 2019

I can only imagine the amount she wants for "pain and suffering"
The horror ...
the horror ……..

My Pixel has problems with the model 3. I'll have to flip airplane mode on every so often to unlock and the phone functions almost never connects the first time. Then again I also have trouble connecting to a pair of bluetooth headphones I have on my desk at work.

With that I'm not going to sue Tesla, I'm just not going to answer my phone when I'm driving.

ken.lunde | 15 April 2019

After reading that article, the easiest and most cost-effective solution is to simply buy a new phone, whose price is a fraction of what legal fees would cost.

Its literally not unrealistic by any stretch of the imagination, that the end user is doing something wrong and blaming the manufacturer. Because that never happens right?

@andy, One question would be if she's able to get into the car with her phone's BT. But there are some tweaks in some of the Galaxy S series that you can make in the Bluetooth connection to a specific device.

But you're right. Sounds like they are going to spend a lot of money on attorney's fees when they could just buy a new phone.

Firaz.ashraf | 15 April 2019

are we stalking around here?

Magic 8 Ball | 15 April 2019

@andy Way too logical and not “news”.

neylus | 15 April 2019

@Firaz.ashraf - It would appear so.

Magic 8 Ball | 15 April 2019

Oops meant @lunde

PhillyGal | 15 April 2019

@rxlawdude - Totally forgiven! When I read that story on the front page of our local papers' (plural) website, even I thought it was me :)

I love Tesla of course and wouldn't try a lemon law suit over something so trivial but I will admit there is something similar wrong with my early VIN. I'm annoyed of course but only to the level of sending an email every few weeks. Haven't actually brought it in for service. In my case, auto lock on walk away is the most serious issue - as I park on the street in a major city. Failure to complete software downloads was the second biggest issue but that was fixed with a replacement sensor of some sort. Failure of my whole speaker system including turn signals randomly is the next most serious and last - certainly least - is that my bluetooth phone call connectivity doens't always work.

PhillyGal | 15 April 2019

Yes - Jennifer was the #1 name in the US for something like 8 out of the 10 years of the 1980s. But it is EXTREMELY crazy that someone in the Philly area got a Model 3 in Feb/March 2018 let alone a blue one, was named Jen whose husband (and she) owned a Model S in the early years.

The only major discriminating factor besides her picture though? New Jersey plates on the car. Now mistaking me for a *gasp* suburbanite/New Jersian is nearly unforgivable.

@PhillyGal, thanks for understanding my "prosecutorial misconduct." Had I dug a little further, I would have spared myself some embarrassment, but I'm glad that you could follow the errors of my way. :-)

Oh, and my daughter who was born in the 1980s is Jennifer, too. :-)

I'm not well aware of East Coast urban rivalries, but our state (California) is so big, that NorCal and SoCal folks are each rabid about our sports teams. :-)

Carl Thompson | 15 April 2019

No one wants to be mistaken for a New Jerseyan. ;-)

apodbdrs | 15 April 2019

I have a Samsung, no problems.

She probably needs clear the cache in her phone, some people have had a problem and that solved it.

Shesmyne2 | 15 April 2019

Jersey gets such a bad rap.

Still Grinning ;-)

Bighorn | 15 April 2019

@rx
I don't know your more egregious act--the false accusation or questioning me:)

Carl Thompson | 15 April 2019

@apodbdrs:
"She probably needs clear the cache in her phone, some people have had a problem and that solved it."

Note that in the article she says her phone works just fine on other Model 3s. It just doesn't work on _her_ Model 3.

@Big, I'll take the Fifth. :-)

jjgunn | 15 April 2019

Learn how to use your F**king phone.
go into previous connected devices & remove the old M3, reboot the car & your phone. Connect your phone to the car.

What are we....in IT help desk 101?

coleAK | 15 April 2019

@rx. So you think California is big? Drive from the Mexico CA boarder to the OR boarder and back. That is about the same distance as one way as far as the road system will take you up here in AK. And the roads only access 18% of the communities in the state... AK is also as wide as San Francisco, CA to Jacksonville, FL

@cole, I've been to your beautiful state on a southbound inner passage cruise. Got to stay in Anchorage for a night (though it was still light at 11:00pm).

But who ever heard of a state capital that can't be driven to? You guys should fund a bridge that... oh wait. :-)

Pages