Forums

Passenger door electronics won't open door.

Passenger door electronics won't open door.

It used to be that resetting fuses would clear up problem with the electronics on peripherals like door handles and latches. Does anyone know how to reset the controllers on the doors? I have a service appointment in 2 weeks in which they will either do this or replace the latch, the latter probably taking another 2 weeks. That's potentially 4 weeks where my X is functionally equivalent to a 14 year old junker I once owned.

jimglas | 25 April 2019

Call service, this sounds like something that mobile service might be able to fix

David Trushin | 25 April 2019

I agree, but the human answering machine I spoke to said it wasn't eligible for mobile service and that I had to wait for the appointment. After further investigation, the servos to open and close the door appear to function normally, but the lock won't unlatch electronically. I tried rebooting and powering down. Nothing.

mbp11 | 25 April 2019

might be a long shot, but take a look at the resource of reset techniques for the Model X
https://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/threads/model-x-reset-techniques.69250/

David Trushin | 25 April 2019

Thanks. The door is grabbed and latched when it closes according to the procedure but it still won't open, either from the touchscreen or from the handle. It's looking more like a hardware problem, but any more ideas would be welcome.