Forums

Power limited. OK to drive. Please schedule service

Power limited. OK to drive. Please schedule service

Got this message the other day on a relatively long distance trip from Cape May to upstate NY. We stopped to supercharge when we were down to about 12% charge left and this message appeared after we finished charging enough to get home. No driving issues on the final leg of our trip. Having car ceramic coated this week so haven't been able to schedule service yet. Anyone have any similar experience? If so, what has been your experience if you had service. Thanks for your thoughts.

Magic 8 Ball | 13 June 2019

Yup, very similar. Wife got message on way to work and made it to work and then called service. They sent a flatbed over within an hour and took car to SC. SC sent uber to pick my wife up after work and since car was not ready put her in a brand new S. Couple days later we picked up Ruby II and no further issues. Turned out to be a faulty 12V negative terminal (whatever that is).

This happened about a month after purchase, 3P- July 2018 build.

Ron.Olsberg | 13 June 2019

Just a heads up, I got the same message after the Tesla ranger replaced the electric differential pump and the power was VERY reduced. The only way the ranger could solve the problem was to push the latest firmware to the car, which I already had, and the self test after the firmware push fixed the problem.

Ron.Olsberg | 13 June 2019

If it wasn't clear from my previous post, the new pump was not recognized by the car/computer after replacement. I had thought the mechanical diff pump would work fine without the auxiliary electric pump and that the electric pump was used mostly for reverse gear (Guess I was wrong happens once a year ha ha...)

rob | 13 June 2019

I got the same message a couple days ago. It stayed up for my 45 min commute. Stopped at the mailbox and it was gone when I got back in the car. Hasn't returned. Msg said front motors were temp disabled.

rob | 13 June 2019

I got the same message a couple days ago. It stayed up for my 45 min commute. Stopped at the mailbox and it was gone when I got back in the car. Hasn't returned. Msg said front motors were temp disabled.

silverslim1 | 13 June 2019

Thanks everybody. That message disappeared when I started driving on our last leg of the trip and hasn't returned. As I mentioned, I didn't notice any decrease in power...the car seemed to drive/perform normally. When I get it back from the ceramic coat treatment, I'll call service and see what they have to say. Thanks for all the input.

apodbdrs | 14 June 2019

I received the same message plus serveral other messages in the last two weeks. It also included vehicle power reduction, no regen, slow but driveable. After parking in a safe area I perform a soft reboot, one hard reboot or I exited and re-entered the vehicle and the problem went away. Yesterday, received two events, took pictures and video of the monitor, filed a bug report and called TESLA roadside assistance who recommended taking it to the SC as the car was driveable. I took it to the Costa Mesa, Ca SC, late in the evening, they took the car on a safety concern and provided a Tesla Model S loaner from enterprise. Provided pictures and video to Tesla, and they established a text communication link. Note, Tesla service was EXCELLENT!