Forums

tesla model 3 summon stops after few some distance

tesla model 3 summon stops after few some distance

i have a model 3 that i bought in June 2019. While using the summon feature - reverse from my iphone, the car moves says 2 meter and then stops. I have to press summon button - reverse again. I am not too far from the car, i also tried walking with the car as it reverses, but still the car stops after 2 meters

ni_tempe | 29 July 2019

i have a model 3 that i bought in June 2019. While using the summon feature - reverse from my iphone, the car moves says 2 meter and then stops. I have to press summon button - reverse again. I am not too far from the car, i also tried walking with the car as it reverses, but still the car stops after 2 meters

jim | 29 July 2019

Summon in it's current form, is not terribly reliable. I can only get it to work about half the time I try to use it.
Hopefully, when advanced summon comes out, things will get better.

EVRider | 29 July 2019

How Summon works depends on a variety of factors, all of which are documented in the manual. Read the section on Summon and see if it explains what you’re experiencing.

M3phan | 29 July 2019

Also check your Summon settings on the screen.
Note Enhanced Summon is not yet out to the fleet; just early access testers.

wiscy67 | 29 July 2019

Does any error message show on your phone app screen? Mine would stop after a few feet while backing out my driveway and my Tesla app would display that it lost contact with my phone. My home wifi signal wasn't strong enough to carry reliably out to the end of driveway. So I switched my phone wifi off (LTE only) and then Summon worked reliably. I've since bought a mesh wifi system for the home and now get good signal.