Forums

Tesla used inventory purchases

Tesla used inventory purchases

I could not find a topic regarding used Tesla M3. I recently reserved my used M3 Dual Motor with 300 miles. According to my sales rep, used inventory does not qualify for tax credit, CA-EV rebate, or referrals. Rep did confirm that I will be the first registered owner in the carfax. After comparing cost between new and used, I am saving exactly $2,800. I take it that they are taking in consideration that customer will not qualify for $2,500 rebate. Please share your experiences or suggestions if you already made a purchase or decided to cancel your used reservation for whatever reason.

Thanks,

rxlawdude | 9 October 2019

As that M3 may very well be a return, I'd spend the extra $2800 for peace of mind and the rebates you would qualify for.

M3User | 9 October 2019

@rxlawdude Rep confirmed the used M3s are buyer remorse returns. They do let you inspect the vehicle on the day off deliver. The only + is that the car can be picked up 5-10 days Vs 2-3 weeks. I appreciate your feedback.

M3User | 9 October 2019

@rxlawdude Rep confirmed the used M3s are buyer remorse returns. They do let you inspect the vehicle on the day off deliver. The only + is that the car can be picked up 5-10 days Vs 2-3 weeks. I appreciate your feedback.

digichemie | 9 October 2019

There will be also $2000 transportation fee too. I think it's not worth it.You can just wait few weeks more.

vincelorto | 9 October 2019

Mine was a returned used tesla with 1000 miles. I got the ca rebate for 2500 last week after being on waitlist. That being said, you know that the rebate is now closed? I dont think that's being sent out any longer. I've had few issues w my car.

rxlawdude | 9 October 2019

@Vince, if it's sold as used it doesn't qualify for fed tax credit or CA rebate.

OP stated the car had never been titled, which would make it inventory ("new"). Something is amiss.

gballant4570 | 9 October 2019

First titling should be eligible for all programs.

M3User | 9 October 2019

@digichemie There won't be any transportation fees because it will be picked up locally. I was fortunate enough to find one in San Diego.

@vincelorto $2,500 rebate is back. They changed the process quite a bit, as they now pre-qualify you and get you on the list before making the purchase. What kind of issues are you having with your car?

If I decide on keeping the reservation just to save 3k, I will make sure I do a thorough walkthrough before I hand over my cash to Tesla. They are okay if I change my mind before taking delivery.