Forums

Who hasn't received V10 yet?

Who hasn't received V10 yet?

Hi All,

So it's been almost 2.5 weeks since Tesla officially rolled out V10. My car was delivered to me the very next day (9/27) with V9 - I was 1/2 expecting it come with V10 (comparing it to getting a new iPhone at launch, it comes with the new ios). NO BIG DEAL - V9 is still like 9 versions ahead of my still lovely 3 series. Now 2.5 weeks in, my car still hasn't prompted me for an update; I have FSD. Again, not a huge deal since I have been reading some posts where "glitches" are present for sentry mode, Spotify, dog mode, etc. leading to a .1 V10 pretty soon afterward. I would rather get V10 when it is performing 10 out of 10 =] than have to deal with minor bugs in a new car.

Still, just wondering in general on this forum: Who has not received V10 yet?

sandipan | 13 October 2019

Purchase date 9/26. No v10 yet. LR/FSD.

sunsinstudios | 14 October 2019

@sandipan looks like we are in the same boat.

sandipan | 14 October 2019

I just got notification for an update! Updating now... Be patient my friend.

sunsinstudios | 16 October 2019

Looks like it’s just me in the boat now

@sandipan I would be interested in knowing if you have any issues after update

E.Mashina | 16 October 2019

Version 8.1 is still installed on my machine. What should I do?

Maybe someone will tell me the support mailbox?

@E.Mashina what month/year is your build?

@sunsinstudios Summer '17

Hostmanj | 16 October 2019

June 2019 build, Model 3 Performance+, FSD. No V10 yet. Feeling pretty left out... Everyone else I know with a Tesla has had it for several weeks and is already over their excitement...would have been nice to share in it with them. I think this is a pretty lame way to roll out huge exciting new features. Makes it feel like there are winners and losers.

@hostmanj I agree! I feel rolling updates are ok but by 1 month out from release everyone should have the update - otherwise it seems like a beta testing program.

@e.mashina hmmm seems like time to contact the SC

sandipan | 17 October 2019

@sunsinstudios I have had no issues. Though, I haven't used the convenience features. Don't have Spotify,and am a little bit scared to use smart summon. Navigation is better though.

sunsinstudios | 17 October 2019

@sandipan good to hear! The better navigation and rear camera on sentry mode is what I’m most looking forward to...

Tsikhistavi | 18 October 2019

I have MX 100D delivered to Tbilisi,Georgia directly from Tilburg factory.Still waiting for V10.What should be done?

sunsinstudios | 18 October 2019

So I have V10 now! My story: I noticed in the Tesla app that there is a category of software updates. So I make an appointment; I figure if vehicle is ready for an update it’s one delivered after the release of V10 - something is up. Appointment is two weeks out due to scheduling. I get a call and text this morning confirming appointment and advising “we have no control over update and every car gets the update when it gets it blah blah”. I reply via text and later by call that I think maybe the update is trying to be sent but is having some issues. Katie (awesome) lets me know that yes the update has been trying to load but for some reason it failed twice or thrice. She says she will try sending and if it goes through we can cancel appointment. 20 mins later I have update request.

Hope my story is helpful. I think if by 3-4 weeks you don’t get the update then something is probably wrong.

sandipan | 19 October 2019

Congratulations @sunsinstudios.

winbi | 20 October 2019

Got the car September 30, still no V10.

jjgunn | 21 October 2019

First thing make sure you're on WiFi
Second, the navigation map data may need an update & that's a big one. Like 5-6 GB -- must be on WiFi.
Third -- try a reboot if you're having trouble downloading. I had the same issue while on strong WiFi & reboot cured everything.

sunsinstudios | 21 October 2019

I agree with @jjgunn.

It was only after 2.5 weeks of the car getting solid wifi (around 20Mbps) for 8-12 hours a day, multiple reboots, and even turning the power off (from the screen and sitting in car for 3-10 minutes), that I reached out to the SC. Ultimately, the update was sent to the car during mid-day over a cell connection.

Another tip, use the browser and google speed test to conduct a speed test of your wifi.

winbi | 22 October 2019

By now if you’re in the United States and you still don’t have the update I would call Tesla service Center. I listened to the advice here to wait but I took a chance and call today. They said that they tried to push through October 4 but for some reason it failed. Their service agent said that they will look into it and literally an hour later it started updating. And it’s installing right now. So if you’re waiting about 2-3 weeks and still don’t have the update I would call your local service center.

davhud62 | 26 October 2019

So far with V10 I have not been able to use smart summon. I was able to summon under v9. Anyone else with that problem and if so has anyone found a solution.

Thank you

HotBazzinga | 27 October 2019

My X was built Oct. 8th, and I took delivery on 10/22 and it had v9. Almost a week later and no v10 update. If I don't have it by the end of the week I'll also try to call the service center.

rodomodena | 29 October 2019

calling service center tomorrow

sunsinstudios | 29 October 2019

@rodomedena and @HotBazzinga report back on your results

Vawlkus | 30 October 2019

Post your software versions as well. That’ll tell us a lot more info.

ecortina77 | 31 October 2019

I haven't gotten it!.

bobhefter | 2 November 2019

We ordered our Model X 9/29 and received it 10/29 with version 9. No update yet.

sunsinstudios | 8 November 2019

PSA try “bug report”

Hit the voice command button (steering wheel, right side, looks like image of face emitting WiFi from mouth) and say “bug report car has not received update 2019.x.x yet”

I did not have update 2019.36 and I did bug report report this morning, this evening I have 2019.36. Could be coincidence. Could be a good option

terryanddick | 9 November 2019

Have not seen V10 here yet also.

mike | 11 November 2019

Took delivery of our car on Oct 3rd (2019) and it came with V9. Were told we'd get it in a couple of days. Been over a week and no V10 update. Surprised a new car didn't come with the latest version.

sunsinstudios | 13 November 2019

@mike Nov 11 is definitely over a week more than Oct 3.

Do you have good network connectivity? You can test your car connection speed by using the browsing and googling "speed test".

Have you tried the bug report route? Give it a try.
You can also use the app to set-up an appointment and select software as the reason for the appointment? They may call before the appointment date and tech can check things out remotely for you.