Forums

Reduction in Mileage

Reduction in Mileage

I have the LR AWD version and typically charge to 80%. That generally gets me about 240 miles of range. Last night, my charge only got me 226 miles. What is going on? I am in a warm climate, so I don’t think it can be blamed on the weather.

I’m running 2019.32.12.2

WW_spb | 5 November 2019

Mikeage in da House

Linebet | 5 November 2019

Is there a way to edit posts? I see I called “milage” “mikeage.”

andy.connor.e | 5 November 2019

Im getting rather Mikeage

jimglas | 5 November 2019

how old IS mike?

Darn. Now “milage” instead of “mileage!”

Sheesh!

WW_spb | 5 November 2019

Hahah

agkulcz | 5 November 2019

Cannot edit - get ready for "your car dropped the mikeage" comments.

PS: Nobody knows what is going on with that but a lot of model 3's suddenly dropped in range very noticeably. No word from Tesla and a lot of user theories...

hokiegir1 | 5 November 2019

I don't want to reduce my Mikeage. I married him, so I figure I'll keep him around another 20-30 years or so. ;)

@Linebet -- in all seriousness, if you scroll ALL the way to the top, in the left corner, you should see an "edit" link for the first post. That's the only one that can be changed.

And to your initial question -- it fluctuates. Don't stress over it.

andy.connor.e | 5 November 2019

By the way it should be at the top of the page just under the TESLA, and just above the grey box statement about posting being restricted to verified Owners.

What are all these jokes about Mikeage???

What are all these jokes about Mikeage???

I’m not really stressing about the mileage, I was just curious that it seemed pretty consistent up until this last charge.

@linebet - at least you have a later post confirming it. ;) We got jokes for days around here. Some of them even have names.

And yeah -- some updates will lower it...some will raise it...other times, temperature fluctuations (even 50*F) can have an impact. It's good to be aware and keep an eye on it, but chances are it will go back up soon enough.

WW_spb | 5 November 2019

Bam! Hokiegir1 that is rustless

kevin_rf | 5 November 2019

You know, my grandmother use to tell a story about her father taking her and her sister for a ride in his Model T one Sunday. Ruth being a young whipper snapper climbed up on the rumble seat and next thing they know, they had a drop in Ruthage. Now my grandmother being of the generation of children should be seen and not heard just sat their quietly. So when he finally turned around and did not see her, she had to tell him ruth was in the ditch... like 20 miles back.

Hopefully Mike fared a little better and his brother spoke up when it happened.

lilbean | 5 November 2019

My 90% charge went from 292 to 285.

Salesguyy2k | 6 November 2019

My 90% is 274. 100% 301. 16k miles after 1 year. Driving 10 miles takes 22 miles of charge. Same in 70 degree weather vs 40 degrees. Even when new I have never seen above 306 miles to a full charge. After recent updates, I have lost even more range.