Forums

Summon in multilevel parking garage

Summon in multilevel parking garage

My wife gets free charging at work, but stayed later than the garage attendants today so wasn’t sure where her car got moved after it was fully charged (cardkey was left with reception desk).

She considered using the “come to me” summon since she legitimately didn’t know where the car was...but she wasn't sure how the car would handle a five story garage. Anyone tried summon when not on the same level as the car? Or are there any insights on if Summon includes elevation when "phone seeking"?

(FYI she used the honk feature and was reunited at last)

stingray.don | 6 November 2019

I would say there is zero chance (with current software) that the car will understand the difference between levels and how to navigate between them. Most importantly, it is a bad idea to use Smart Summon without having eyes on your car ready to abort if something goes wrong.

andy.connor.e | 6 November 2019

The car is most likely going to try to close the distance between it and you. Its not going to understand to take the ramp down a level. This is a beta feature and you should, as @stingray said, make sure you have line of site of the car.

jrscarlett | 6 November 2019

Ramps will likely be a challenge. The old summon would stop if the angle was too steep. I have not tested advanced summon on a ramp.

Not to mention that the y-axis is not accounted for and GPS reception in garages will likely be poor.

If there was a remember my route capability in a future release maybe that could work?

jrscarlett | 6 November 2019

Ramps will likely be a challenge. The old summon would stop if the angle was too steep. I have not tested advanced summon on a ramp.

Not to mention that the y-axis is not accounted for and GPS reception in garages will likely be poor.

If there was a remember my route capability in a future release maybe that could work?

hokiegir1 | 6 November 2019

She'd be better off clicking on the car's location in the app and using that. As the others have noted, in the current state, this wouldn't work well, and could be dangerous if she can't see the car and what is around it.

Lorenzryanc | 6 November 2019

Summon also won't work if it's plugged in so unless the attendants moved it after a charge, summon wouldn't work at all. Location and activate horn in app would be best options I believe.

stingray.don | 6 November 2019

I have used the “come to me” in a parking garage but was on the same level. It did work but not that well, probably because it lacked mapping data.

rsingh05 | 6 November 2019

Even on the same level, advanced summon won't work properly in a covered garage due to lack of good gps signal. I have tried it many times at work and it has always failed (or failed to activate).

mazinyen129267 | 6 November 2019

Just try it and let us know if it worked!