Forums

Pre-installed mudguards... how do we get them

Pre-installed mudguards... how do we get them

I took ownership of model 3 sr+ on Sept 21. Now, it seems that mudguards (front) are pre-installed when delivered and rear ones are in the trunk.
How do we get our hands on these? Anyone know?
Thanks!

baggioroberto1982 | 6 December 2019

I am located in Laval (Montreal), Qc

GHammer | 6 December 2019

Just sent an email to them... let's see what they say

It was a quick answer, I simply have to book an appointment via the Tesla APP to schedule the installation.

ok, so the appointment was cancelled, the mudguard parts will only be available starting in January and there will be installation costs (not sure how much)...

FISHEV | 6 December 2019

"Now, it seems that mudguards (front) are pre-installed when delivered and rear ones are in the trunk."

Can you tell whose mudguards they are? Tesla said that due to poor paint finish on the rocker cover and history of damage to the car, Tesla was putting mudflaps on all Model 3's in Canada except BC.

"Tesla Will Pay For Mudflaps In Canada: Generosity Or Strategy?"

https://insideevs.com/news/383414/tesla-mudflaps-for-free-canada/
I'm guessing they are buying from the same manufacturer as TapTes, Evannex, TSportline etc. but no one seems to know for sure.

I ordered the TapTes ones as they looked the closest but I'd use whatever Tesla is installing so any warranty issues with the rocker cover paint, I can refer it back to Tesla.

casun | 6 December 2019

FISHEV is a known troll who pushes an anti Tesla narrative. Please disregard his posts and do not engage.

CaliforniaMaki808 | 7 December 2019

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07V9TR8PX/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_... . I bought these and installed it with ease. Roughly $24.

gparrot | 8 December 2019

FISHEV, I’ll let you know when I get mine, but it could be another month before I can reply with an answer.

Big_Ed | 8 December 2019

Hello Fish. I don't have anything to say, I am just saying hello because I don't like others telling me who I should talk to. Anyhow, thanks for the post.