Forums

Front Left Speaker/Dash Rattle

Front Left Speaker/Dash Rattle

I have a rattle that sounds like it comes from the front left speaker area on the dash grille during bumpier or graveled roads. Its not all the time so it makes it kind of hard to diagnose. I've watched the video on the dash grille removal which displays underneath the grille as well as the grille piece clips. Between that video and tapping around on the grill I'm 90% convinced it involves a clip from that mesh grille. I've already ruled out the VIN plate issue. I've already tried stuffing some acoustic foam between the windshield and grille but that doesn't resolve it.

Anyone have this issue and actually get it SUCCESSFULLY resolved? Yes I'm aware of the policy and costs associated with rattles and I honestly don't mind paying. Just curious to see if anyone has encountered this and can share there resolution so I can maybe trouble shoot it myself or with a mobile tech!

Thanks!

Augus | 9 December 2019

I've got the same issue! Haven't figured it out yet... VIN on mine is in the 75,000 range

M3phan | 9 December 2019

Loose VIN plate?

dwejr99 | 9 December 2019

Mine is on right side but same issue. Haven't taken time to diagnose. Turn music up is my solution for now.

Ngm98 | 10 December 2019

Very similar to this post?? There is a video in there.
https://forums.tesla.com/forum/forums/irregular-digital-ticking-noise-st...