Forums

Thoughts on why Telsa still doesn't have a Cybertruck forum...

Thoughts on why Telsa still doesn't have a Cybertruck forum...

… and yet many others do?

Surprising, no? It takes like no time to add a sub-forum to an existing platform, so I must be missing something?

derotam | 10 December 2019

Has anyone e-mailed Tesla and requested it? How bout a Model Y forum too....

Joshan | 10 December 2019

I was going to say that, The Y comes out first and there is no Y forum either. They seemed to have abandoned these forums.

WW_spb | 10 December 2019

Maybe because it's not out yet?

andy.connor.e | 10 December 2019

Same reason why Tesla Energy forum section is still trash garbage.

Devilstower | 10 December 2019

They don't seem to provide individual vehicle forums until the model is actually out and owners have more to chat about than uninformed speculation. If there was a cybertruck forum at this point, it would have the same thing all those other cybertruck forums have ... none of which would be particularly related to assisting Tesla customers.

bjrosen | 10 December 2019

Joshan@ I think your right, I bet they don't have anyone assigned to maintaining these forums. That would explain why the forum interface is so terrible, I wonder if anyone even knows that the forums aren't being maintained, it could be that whoever set them up was layed off or quit and nobody knew that that person was responsible for the forums.

jebinc | 10 December 2019

Having forums for vehicle not yet out, but announced, would be "good business," me thinks. Free advertising and hype leading to increased sales, etc.

Would be a lot of trash talking and speculations

so it would be the Model 3 forum?

I guess

Model 3 forum is 3/Y/CT.

In the business environment, it is often said "...all news is good news..." "Trash talking"? Are you F'ing kidding me? ;-) If that were a criteria, the Model 3 forum would not exist either!!! I've found more "trash talk" there than on the non-Tesla hosted Cybertruck forums, such as this one... Check it out if you don't believe me (compare "trash talk" threads/posts there vs. Model 3 forum here)...

www.cybertruckownersclub.com

^^^ was for @WW_spb

@jebinc
Lol no need to snap at me. I am not admin of Tesla forums. And it was sarcasm (about model3 forum)

-@WW_spb

Did you miss the ";-)" winky I put in that last reply?

Sarcasm is a rare commodity.

I did miss it ))))

CaliforniaMaki808 | 10 December 2019

You have to purchase the vehicle first before you can write anything in that forum otherwise you can only read.

Magic 8 Ball | 10 December 2019

@CaliforniaMaki808 That is false.

casun | 10 December 2019

tesla is planning to update the forums with a more robust forum software and live moderation so they’ve decided to wait until that happens before creating model y and cyber truck forums.

bjrosen | 10 December 2019

casun@ Where did you get the info about forum updates? Good news if true.

CaliforniaMaki808 | December 10, 2019
You have to purchase the vehicle first before you can write anything in that forum otherwise you can only read.

andy.conner.e and all fish's sock accounts say you are wrong.

I think Casun dreamed that as no one from Tesla has said it publicly.

i like how im a troll now because we disagreed in that one thread

if that is meant at me, I said you were NOT a troll in the other thread. If not aimed at me, plz disregard.

All I was saying is you do not own a tesla and you post. Thus what CaliforniaMaki808 said is incorrect.

i did not even read that. Not sure what california is referring to, the only threads not available to non-owners are the categories under "CLUBS".

And/or if you post a topic as 'private'

@andy.conner.e +1

We are cool, can't agree on everything. I have never thought you were a troll. Sorry if it came off that way :)

Civil debates based on facts are great!

Sometimes i play devils advocate to see if there is logic behind what other people say. But most of the time its someone giving themselves a reason to be concerned. As is true for most things regarding EVs, no one questions the viability of their gasoline vehicles as much as they question EVs. Its just because its different.

jordanrichard | 10 December 2019

Perhaps there are some changes coming to the forums and they are just waiting until then to add the requested Y and Cybrtrk forums. What everyone sees now is different than it was before.

casun | 10 December 2019

@bjrosen just a dream i had.