Forums

Sirius XM ?

Sirius XM ?

Does anyone know if / when Tesla will add Sirius XM as a streaming option? I'm playing off my phone but its not as convenient as using the touch screen.

EVRider | 19 December 2019

No one knows (outside of Tesla).

jimglas | 20 December 2019

probably never
cheaper for tesla to have you stream from your phone

rxlawdude | 20 December 2019

I'm guessing this is a Model 3 owner, as the MS and MX still have XM satellite receivers.

So, yep, only from your phone via BT.

BadgerErickson | 20 December 2019

You don't want it, trust me; even when you let the XM subscription go, they are STILL IN your car. Sirius radio sucks for cars.

rxlawdude | 21 December 2019

@Badger, you wouldn't say that if you're in areas with no cell coverage.

@Badger, you wouldn't say that if you're in areas with no cell coverage.

Big Blue 3 | 21 December 2019

Well, I happen to like Sirius XM and prefer it to streaming services. I hope Tesla adds there app in the future.

BadgerErickson | 21 December 2019

LOL! I DO commute through areas that have ZERO cell coverage.

I HAD Sirius XM as a free option with the car for 1 year.

Their programming caused TROUBLE with the car's software during and AFTER the subscription.

Every now and again the radio system gets caught into the Sirius XM "glitch" of a WTFH 8 minute advertisement you CANNOT turn off. Sirius XM sucks. It's a divide and conquer platform of manure, IMO.

Plug in your phone.

And what do you listen to for news in those no cell areas?

I've never seen nor heard of any reports of glitches caused by SXM radio.

rm760 | 21 December 2019

I have a model S with the Sirius antenna. I enjoy it. I wish the album cover artwork associated with music would be displayed like that of the streaming and over the air radio.

reed_lewis | 21 December 2019

Just because someone does not like SiriusXM does not mean that others do not want it. This sounds to me like the people who do not listen to AM radio claiming that since they do not listen to it, then nobody else does either.

There are a few channels on XM that are simply. It available anywhere else. One is Stern of course, but the broadway channel is very well curated. Yes one can listen to broadway, but it lacks the curation of a real radio person.

So just because some have no use for SiriusXM does not mean that Tesla should not have it.

BadgerErickson | 21 December 2019

There are MORE than a few posting 'bots here lately, very unfortunate.

maurizioga | 3 March 2020

I love my siriusxm during long commute I wish there were station art works displayed.

ericnj28 | 19 April 2020

Love Sirius