Forums

Q1 - Made over 100,000 vehicles, 88,400 delivered!

Q1 - Made over 100,000 vehicles, 88,400 delivered!

Delivered to customers 88,400 vehicles in Q1. Note this is real customer deliveries. Other automakers only report shipments to dealers as "sold" even though they could remain on the dealer lot for months before being actually sold to a customer.

https://ir.tesla.com/news-releases/news-release-details/tesla-q1-2020-ve...

Mike83 | 5 April 2020

flag the troll. He is not here to help but disrupt the threads.

andy.connor.e | 5 April 2020

Forum users have been saying "dont buy it if you cant afford it" for years. Thats fundamental to anything.

It was Teslas best Q1 ever. But we gotta talk about GM!

Mike83 | 5 April 2020

TT Tesla makes cars as needed. Saves CapX that way. China Tesla production is speeding up and Berlin is going ahead of schedule. I am pleased to see such clever execution.

Building Giga china phase 2 and berlin couldnt be happening at a better time right now.

Mike83 | 5 April 2020

Exactly andy. It is like serendipity.

TeslaTap.com | 5 April 2020

Let's compare:

Tesla sales to real customers are up 40% comparing Q1-2019 to Q1-2020.

Ford - sales to dealers down 12.5% comparing Q1-2019 to Q1-2020. Ford doesn't publish sales to end customers, so plenty of cars sitting in dealer lots. Damage could be far worse than the numbers show.

I'm not so much picking on Ford, as others have similar problems. Q2 will be bad for everyone, but I hope Tesla will do better on average. Tesla's China factory up and running at full bore will take some pressure off of Tesla too.

tew ms us | 5 April 2020

While restaurants, theaters, arenas, etc may stay closed past the end of the month, I don't see why, manufacturers, particularly high-tech manufacturers, shouldn't be allowed to start back up this month. Even when running normally, their workers aren't shoulder-to-shoulder on assembly lines.

It would be great to see Model Ys rolling out of Fremont.

FISHEV | 5 April 2020

"After recording growth for decades, China’s auto market has been faltering since July 2018 owing to tighter emission standards, trade tensions, increasing popularity of ride-sharing platforms and economic downturn. "

SO | 5 April 2020

@FISHEV - Tesla is doing well in China. The other manufacturers? Not so much.

blue adept | 5 April 2020

@tew ms us

All the same all workers, be they automobile assembly line workers or commodity shipping workers or fast food workers or delivery service workers, etc., etc., should be provided and mandated to wear face masks and gloves at all times while in the factory / warehouse / restaurant / conducting deliveries, etc., to both ensure personal and public safety as well as enable the continued operation of those facilities, essential or otherwise.

It isn't merely a matter of whether or not workers are shoulder-to-shoulder in the workplace, it's also a matter of whether or not they tend to intermingle with one another in the workplace or handle the same piece of equipment or part at any given time throughout the day as even that degree of occasional, happenstance interaction lends to the spread of the virus and could bring the workplace to a complete standstill, stalling the economy as a result and forcing the nation into another depression.

'An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure', especially in these times of uncertainty.

Big world views for big world problems.

WW_spb | 5 April 2020

Read article about Tesla China making cars as fast as they can. I would guess they will cover US and EU markets if needed.

WW_spb | 5 April 2020

Oh and don't forget to flag FishTroll

I bet china can reach 5k per week. Will phase 2 be finished this year?

blue adept | 5 April 2020

Ultimately it would be unfortunate if China has to begin delivering to the U.S. as that would prove to be very unfortunate.

Mike83 | 5 April 2020

China EV market dwarfs the US market. Then there is all of Asia, Euroasia, EU until Giga Berlin, and other areas. I think Berlin wants to speed up construction to capture that market. Should be exciting; not so much the US.

https://www.teslarati.com/tesla-couple-dinner-movie-date-covid-19/

Mike83 | 5 April 2020

Should have read US market is much smaller than China's EV market. Need a cappuccino.

Orthopod | 5 April 2020

Oh and don't forget to flag WW_sptroll

WW_spb | 5 April 2020

And point proven

tew ms us | 6 April 2020

@blue adept

I agree; returning to normal pre-virus operations won't do. I thought Musk made a reasonable proposal to county officials to exempt the Fremont plant from shutdown.

andy.connor.e | 6 April 2020

climate change fighting is not essential

FISHEV | 6 April 2020

ew ms us | April 6, 2020 I agree; returning to normal pre-virus operations won't do. I thought Musk made a reasonable proposal to county officials to exempt the Fremont plant from shutdown."

But it was not, no one needs to die over making a car. Musk has been a Covid-19 denier early on as with Trump, they have been proven to be tragically and spectacularly wrong.

"Elon Musk’s Defiance in the Time of Coronavirus The Tesla CEO held out for days on suspending U.S. car production; ‘The coronavirus panic is dumb.’"

https://www.wsj.com/articles/elon-musks-defiance-in-the-time-of-coronavi...

Government will lend/grant Ford, GM and Tesla operating funds so none of the US auto mfgs. will need to use their cash reserves. Production can restart when the virus has passed.

Magic 8 Ball | 6 April 2020

Musk said the panic is dumb and encouraged employees to make their own decision on whether or not to stay home. The panic was indeed dumb.

FISHEV | 6 April 2020

Magic 8 Ball | April 6, 2020 Musk said the panic is dumb and encouraged employees to make their own decision on whether or not to stay home. The panic was indeed dumb."

Musk and Trump calling it a "panic" is what was dumb and delayed US response resulting in more infections, more deaths, longer plant closures.

Panic about anything is dumb.

Musk has no say so in a federal government response.

the panic was and is dumb. people going out and buying 500 rolls of toilet paper and emptying the stores of food is dumb.

jordanrichard | 6 April 2020

blue adept, cars made for China/Asian market can not just simply being imported to the U.S.

TeslaTap.com | 6 April 2020

Clearly some thought having a 5-year supply of TP was important. To me, not so much. The panic was dumb, but the federal government's painfully slow and inadequate response even dumber. Too bad we all have to pay for this avoidable disaster.

Cool that Tesla is designing a new ventilator out of Model 3 parts. Production and test of those components already known and speeds final production far faster than starting from scratch. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zZbDg24dfN0

David N | 6 April 2020

Job well done to Tesla team and Especially Tesla Shanghai

FISHEV | 6 April 2020

"Production and test of those components already known and speeds final production far faster than starting from scratch."

GM's approach was better, putting idled mfg base at disposal of existing mfg of ventilators, VENTEC helping them get them to door now. Not really the time for a "new design".

Production and test of those components already known and speeds final production far faster than starting from scratch.

“This unique partnership combines Ventec’s respiratory care expertise with GM’s manufacturing might to produce sophisticated and high-quality critical care ventilators,” said Chris Kiple, CEO of Ventec Life Systems. “This pandemic is unprecedented and so is this response, with incredible support from GM and their suppliers. Healthcare professionals on the front lines deserve the best tools to treat patients and precision critical care ventilators like VOCSN are what is necessary to save lives.”

https://media.gm.com/media/us/en/gm/news.detail.html/content/Pages/news/...
VENTEC with GM's help is shipping now despite Trumps attack.

TeslaTap.com | 6 April 2020

@FISHEV - So you're advocating Tesla stop and not help? Just because GM helped get a few parts is not the same as actually making Ventilators. It's great GM is helping, but not sure of your need to constantly bash Tesla for doing far more makes sense.

FISHEV | 6 April 2020

@TeslaTap.com | April 6, 2020 So you're advocating Tesla stop and not help?"

Noting that GM got on it early with a good plan and is helping VENTEC ship vents now.

Have no idea what Tesla is doing and neither do you. Tesla said they'd open NY factory and make vents. Original announcement is they would partner with Medtronic but nothing since then and no one sees any vents form Tesla NY.

Medtronic is interesting story as their accusation of a small start up that was gong to maintain the vents in US Strategic Supply stopped the necessary maintenance and renders 2,000 vents useless.

"The government agreed to cancel the contract. The world was focused at the time on the Ebola outbreak in West Africa. The research agency started over, awarding a new contract for $13.8 million to the giant Dutch company Philips. In 2015, Covidien was sold for $50 billion to another huge medical device company, Medtronic. Charles J. Dockendorff, Covidien’s former chief financial officer, said he did not know why the contract had fallen apart. “I am not aware of that issue,” he said in a text message."

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/29/business/coronavirus-us-ventilator-sh...

I like GM"s approach of helping small nimble US company VENTEC to expand and save lives now.

FISHEV is an EVIL DISGUSTING EVIL TROLL

He will say anything to detract from Tesla and their superior efforts to create a new source of vents that are not constrained by existing vent design supply chain limitations.

Mike83 | 6 April 2020

just flag the stinker as it is just a troll bot.

Flagging becomes an issue after people reply to him directly, the lost context sets others up for being misunderstood.

Mike83 | 6 April 2020

Best not to respond to misinformation and simply flag it. We can also flag away responses or poster can explain in another post.

What is "best" is not happening, so I recommend you deal with what is actually happening, with tools at hand, instead of trying to lead an effort that has been tried and failed several times.

Mike83 | 6 April 2020

No. It has worked and it makes the forum less boring and tiresome. Real information is the real purpose not childish arguments.

I have not seen any evidence of it working. Make it work and show everyone. What I witnessed was an onslaught of more sock puppets reinforcing the trolls that were flagged away.

Again, demonstrate that it works.

one individual cannot demonstrate it works when it requires collective cooperation from multiple people. I always flag them. Cant respond to them with seriousness. They say absurd things on purpose to produce a response. Its the same exact thing as what mabuck was doing. Model 3 is nice but LOOK AT FORD!!!! Fish is all - Tesla got ventilators but they should stop, and look at GM!!!!

You cant possibly think he believes what hes saying. Its intentionally absurd, incorrect, inaccurate, 100% opinion, and nonsense. Just flag it.

It has been tried and failed with result that brings out more socks to flood the forum with even more BS. Demonstrate it works, no “group” has done it yet.

in order for it to work, enough people have to cooperate on flagging everything.

That happened once and resulted in the scenario I outlined and was abandoned because it ended up being worse because of all the sock reinforcements that resulted. Again make it happen and prove me wrong.

what automakers were up 7.5% today?

Just looked. Actually alot of them.

Mike83 | 6 April 2020

The flagging takes time to work but over the last 6 years it has worked well. The forum was much worse with blatant trolls; now they are more discreet but once discovered they should be eliminated.
I would like to see some of the old timer owners come back. It would have much more information instead of this bickering.

there were significantly more trolls 4 years ago than there are now.

Show us. Talk is cheap I have had discussions with Tesla about this and I revealed a bit of why it is broken in the other thread. Do it and make it work and show us because I have not seen it work.

Mike83 | 6 April 2020

Lack of trust is your issue not ours.

You don’t need me to flag to demonstrate your “talk”.
Waiting for you to prove me wrong.

Pages