Forums

Trump believes in global warming when he protects his properties

Trump believes in global warming when he protects his properties

The Donald has come out as one of the biggest climate change deniers. Of course it is one of his divine beliefs that are never supported by evidence. However he is ready to build a giant sea wall to protect an Irish golf course from possible sea level rise. And I don't think he is even going to get the Irish or Mexican government to pay.

http://www.motherjones.com/environment/2016/05/trump-golf-doonbeg-global...

Tesla-David | 24 May 2016

In his application to build the wall to protect his golf course he is now on record as affirming the reality of AGW, and this will provide fodder during the upcoming Presidential debates to the whole country, especially the deniers/skeptics.

Dramsey | 24 May 2016

It's entirely possible to believe in GW without the "A" part. I'm not defending Trump, who is at best a buffoon, but I think you're leaping to unwarranted conclusions here.

SCCRENDO | 24 May 2016

Unfortunately Trump is quite flippant in his remarks and actually states that Global Warming is not happening. Except perhaps now in Ireland where the Ocean is rising just next to his golf course. Lets give you guys the benefit of the doubt. Let's assume that Global warming is mostly natural. Even Trump recognizes that it is causing sea level rise. His golf course first and then perhaps New York, New Orleans. Holland, Venice etc. Is he going to fly Mexicans all over the world to build walls or is he going to try slow or reverse this by trying to address the potential causes. Perhaps he could call in 97% of the world's scientists to help him figure it out.

SamO | 24 May 2016

To @Dramsey, a new scientific discover: “Energy cannot be created or destroyed, it can only be changed from one form to another.”

Story at 11.

/idiot

Dramsey | 24 May 2016

@SCCRENDO,

You know that "97%" figure is bogus, right? I think a lot of the skepticism about AGW comes from people casually throwing around discredited talking points like this.

Dramsey | 24 May 2016

Oh, another thing that makes people skeptical? Scholarly articles on why it's OK to lie when reporting on climate change.

SCCRENDO | 24 May 2016

@DRAMSEY. It is wrong. It's more likely 99% LOL. Yes I recognize that this was a poll rather than a tight well controlled scientific study. I was just being flippant. My true point was that if Donald Trump has no idea how to reverse global warming there are enough scientists around to help him.
People are not skeptical because of the 97% article. People are skeptical because they are either ignorant of the fact and cannot be bothered to learn them or they are like Donald Trump where it doesn't suit them to accept the facts unless they have to because their Irish golf course or something else important to them is at risk.

warren_tran | 24 May 2016

You can't be throwing number around as a fact if that is your opinion. Another reason why people can't take you guys seriously.

SCCRENDO | 24 May 2016

@warrentt. You miss the point. I was just being flippant with the numbers. There is absolutely no debate that most scientists agree with global warming science. Is it 97% or 99%. Nobody knows for sure. However the science is beyond debate at this point. Stop trying to use a flippant remark as a distraction from the facts. Let us get to the point of the post which I obviously need to spell out for you.
Your hero and leader Donald is a hypocrite and a liar in many aspects. However in relation to global warming he does not believe in it in order to collect climate change denier voters in addition to his blue collar white male racist voters. Yet he seems to understand global warming when it comes to his own properties.

warren_tran | 24 May 2016

When did I stated Trump is my hero or I plan to vote for him?

Dramsey | 24 May 2016

Also, I can't be an idiot as as @SamO I think called me, because I am a Model S owner. So there.

(At the very least there's hope for redemption, right?)

((Jesus, what if Phi buys a Tesla some day?))

SCCRENDO | 24 May 2016

@warrentt. You are correct. I am as guilty of stereotyping as you guys. But I'm betting not many here would peg you as a Hillary or Bernie voter.
@Dramsey. I don't know you well enough to know whether you are an idiot or not however there is no law that idiots cannot own a Model S. Thank you for supporting the environment by buying a Tesla.