Forums

5 seater

5 seater

Great news my ds just emailed me my 5 seater passed inspection and is ready to transport to my home. So everyone should start seeing there x great news was told ready till 21st.

vperl | 14 December 2016

When your behind the wheel let us know

cica3838 | 14 December 2016

What colour is your interior? I still want to see more 5 seater pics.

Errol_martinez | 14 December 2016

I ordered my x with multi pattern seats

liudmd | 14 December 2016

picked up my MX 5seater this morning, EAP is not functioning until software update two weeks later. 2nd row looked still pretty nice to me, I'll be in the driver seat all the time , so the second row don't bother me at all. of course the fit and finish is not as good as my bmw, but acceptable, still one piece missing from the trunk in order to make it totally flat, you can lie all the way down and sleep in the trunk, that is very good for a camper. which 6seater and 7seater could never do . I'm still going to sleep in my bed tonight not in the trunk though. hopefully this one will be trouble free for several years.

lilbean | 14 December 2016

Congrats @liudmd! Happy for you!

liudmd | 14 December 2016

Thanks, lilbean

lilbean | 14 December 2016

:-)

cica3838 | 14 December 2016

Can you share photos of the 5 seat bench?

raging.dragonfly | 14 December 2016

Congrats, liudmd! Hope you stay happy with it for a long time to come!

poloX | 15 December 2016

@liudmd, could you post the gross weight? I want to compare it with the 6&7 seaters. It should be lighter. My wild guess is with the third row and all of the motor and mechanic that powers the mono posts in the second row, the five seater should shred at least 200lbs. That in turn should translate into more miles.

liudmd | 15 December 2016

let me find out where t the gross weight sticker is. I'll take the photo of 5seat bench ASAP. It's 24 f here, and I'm working today. so may have some delay.

cica3838 | 15 December 2016

What color is your interior?

Teslapalooza | 15 December 2016

@poloX: That thought crossed my mind as well very early on when I decided to go with 5-seater 75D. If that 237 mile range goes up to 250 due to lower weight, I would be very happy :-)

Looking forward to @liumd's 5-seat pictures

cica3838 | 15 December 2016

I'm also curious to see what the profile view of the 5 seater looks like from a slight distance.

poloX | 15 December 2016

@lildmd, if you open the driver door, the labels are on the b-pillard near the door latch. Thanks.

liudmd | 15 December 2016

gross weight of vehicle is 6281lb.

JAnnen | 15 December 2016

6768 - 6281= 487 pounds The 5 seat option should have a little better range.

sdj | 15 December 2016

Maybe now Elon can put the gueen sized mattress in the back as he proclaimed in the unveiling, happy camping @liudmd. good weight/range news as well.

@steven Yes a Queen sized mattress could go in the back, but a Queen air measures: 60"W x 80"L

and a full sized air mattress measures: 54"W x 75"L.

The 80" length from lift gate to front seats looks okay. The problem is the width across the wheel wells. I'm guessing the waist dimension at the wheel wells is only about 45". Even the a full sized air mattress will be crushed about 11" at the wheel wells.

Does anybody know the distance between the wheel wells in the 5 seat Model X?

My error:
The a Full sized air mattress will be crushed 54 - 45= 9" at the wheel wells.(Not 11") Sounds doable to me. What do you think?

poloX | 15 December 2016

Wow, that's almost 500lbs lighter. Way more than what I was opting for. Great.
Thanks liu

What is a 487 (out of 6768) pound weight reduction worth? That's 7% less.

Energy is needed to overcome three things
1. Inertia of mass,
2. Rolling Resistance mostly due to tires,
3, the big one Air resistance.
The first two are directly related to mass. If we double the mass we will double the inertia and the Rolling Resistance.

Above maybe 35 mph. the Air resistance starts to dominate. So let's guess the first two energy hogs combined are equal to the third at 35 mph. If that's true then the 7% less mass could translate into 3.5% more range at 35 mph.

Now 3.5% isn't much, and who pays over $100,000 for a car to only go 35 mph? ... Me. On that very rare trip when I might not make that next charging station, I will slow down just enough to make it work. That 3.5% will be there when I need it the most. It's just another tool in my toolbox.

The counter argument is get a Model S instead and save 16% GVWR AND less Air resistance (CdA).

john.bjordal | 16 December 2016

@liudmd @JAnnen, are you refering to cars with same equipment and battery in your weight comparison ? Towing hithc on both e.g?

Looking forward to more pictures and hopefully video of the different levels of reclining of the seats:)

john.bjordal | 16 December 2016

Sorry, Towing hithc=tow bar:)