Today I just installed the Dash Cam on my Model X Autopilot 2.0.
I bought it from eBay for $285.0. It is shipped from Hong Kong and took 3 days to be delivered to California.
- Super Easy Installation (5 to 10 minutes, no tool required)
- No drill or pill off, no permanent alter to Tesla
- Can take Cam off and restore Model X back to factory setup at anytime
- Cam because part of the car and do not attract unnecessary attention
- iOS and Android App to control the Cam over build-in WIFI
- Voice Prompt is Chinese
- Chinese Manual with poor english translation (but you really do not need manual to install it)
- Cannot change the default WIFI password
- Video quality is acceptable, but not near other Cam in $300 range
- No GPS
I really like the Cam because it does not require any permanent change to my car and I can restore my car to factor setup at anytime. I do not care about the Chinese voice/manual and GPS. I think the picture quality is good enough to show what happens in front of my car.
pictures can be found at:
(please replace '_' with dot)