Forums

The final reveal, is it here yet?

The final reveal, is it here yet?

I know this isn't the first post on the final reveal, and I know that I'm probably too excited/impatient. But in less than a month we will be in the month where Tesla starts to produce the model 3 for real. Has anyone heard any hard data on when they are going to have the final reveal? If not any ideas on when/how its going to finally be handled?

M3München | 6 June 2017

Elon just said "end of next month [July]"

M3München | 6 June 2017

wait a minute... I mean that's when the configurator goes online. Sorry for the confusion. :)

Iwantmy3 | 6 June 2017

I would bet that the configurator goes online immediately after the unveil.

KP in NPT | 6 June 2017

I think that's what he said, Iwantmy3. I was listening in the car but I'm pretty sure he said it would go online immediately after the reveal.

He also said the initial configs will have a choice of color and wheels. hmm.

Bluesday Afternoon | 6 June 2017

@KP in NPT

Good news is the Model 3 will be painted and have wheels! ;-)

Iwantmy3 | 6 June 2017

I didn't hear it but read tweets. I gather that the first ones will all have glass roofs and 75KWH rwd. Can we assume a premium interior? It will be interesting to see how these are priced. If there is no option for a $35000 version the press will have a field day.

gavinfaulkner | 6 June 2017

My completely uninformed and unsupported guess is that they'll offer the larger battery capacity model for the claimed base price and then they'll offer the lower capacity model 6 months later for a lower price. That satisfies the press and will make early reservation holders happy without an immediately available AWD option.

Frank99 | 6 June 2017

Perhaps there is no lower capacity battery pack? I know that EM said there was a < 60 kwh pack, but perhaps that decision has been revisited.

Iwantmy3 | 6 June 2017

I like it gavinfaulkner, 75KWH and glass roof is base model. Maybe I can just get a base model after all :)

gavinfaulkner | 6 June 2017

@ Frank99

Sounds good to me!

@Iwantmy3

Have we stumbled upon the best compromise? I know I'd go for that deal, even though I had my heart set on AWD. My head tells my heart to politely go screw itself.

Iwantmy3 | 6 June 2017

Gavinfaulkner,
Yeah. My thoughts too. I could handle that
Or I could add the awd when it comes