Forums

Tesla LTE network is down

Tesla LTE network is down

I got no LTE signal since early this morning in Hamilton Ontario. Anyone else having the same problem or know of a possible fix?

atong | 13 July 2017

Tesla service agent says the outage is Canada wide.

rxlawdude | 13 July 2017

Definitely not affecting California.

SO | 13 July 2017

Works fine in Michigan.

erlanning | 13 July 2017

Also experiencing the same since 11:30 am 'ish. Service Agent states "entire network" is down. I didn't ask for details just presumed that Tesla is on it. Was working fine up until 10:45 when I had last left the vehicle.
I'm sure it will be repaired expeditiously. :)

SO | 13 July 2017

Could be the carrier too. Still working fine here in MI.

TeslaTap.com | 13 July 2017

Fine today in California. Tesla doesn't own or manage the LTE network, so if that is the problem, the carrier is at fault. It could be Tesla's servers are down, but then I'd expect a system wide outage, which is not the case.

atong | 13 July 2017

Here in Canada Tesla uses Rogers network. My rogers phone works fine. Reading on some past outages, leads me to think that it's a Tesla problem. Still out of service as we speak. I hope it gets resolved soon. Meanwhile I'm tethering off my phone.

tracylacey | 13 July 2017

still down any updates from tesla?

SUN 2 DRV | 13 July 2017

Tesla used Jasper as the MVNO to provision and manage their cellular connectivity. Cisco bought Jasper and I don't know if Tesla still uses them. But an issue at the Jasper MVNO level would explain how Tesla's cellular connectivity could be affected on a broad scale even if the underlying cellular network is up (eg Rogers) and Tesla's servers were also up.

michelcub | 13 July 2017

LTE is back in Canada 9:30hr pm est.

TE51A | 28 October 2019

LTE went down earlier today. Don't know what's going on but the app connection is not impacted

TeslaTap.com | 29 October 2019

Any chance you're in Northern CA? Hundreds of cell locations are down due to fires and power outages.

xojeb54331 | 10 November 2019

Personally i went with the Google on hub but i hope the Orbi work well for you :)
https://snaptube.cam/
https://syncnet.onl/telegram-web/