Forums

Model 3 Fact Thread - Brought Forward to Post 1st Year Service Video

Model 3 Fact Thread - Brought Forward to Post 1st Year Service Video

(original Model 3 fact thread text in this post has been deleted due to most of the content being outdated)

Here is a nice video of a 1st year Model 3 servicing. Service was performed by a factory trained mechanic at a 3rd party facility. Video by Rich of Rich Rebuilds.

16,000 mile card needed:

- front wheel alignment
- corrosion removed from ancillary parts of brake assy
- loose and missing hardware tightened and replaced on undercarriage
-replaced cabin air filter with the Hepa upgrade filter
- replaced wiper blades

They also swapped in a 12v Lithium battery to replace the factory lead-acid battery

https://insideevs.com/news/376340/first-service-tesla-model-3-video/

Other links:
Model 3 Home Charging Guide: https://teslatap.com/articles/tesla-model-3-home-charging-guide/

akgolf | 22 July 2017

Good idea!

TeslaTap.com | 22 July 2017

Perhaps something like I've been doing for the last year?
https://teslatap.com/features/model-3-top-features/

JeffreyR | 22 July 2017

@TT Nah, that's too easy. We need to do it in flat text w/o any rich media. ASCII 4EVR!!

Coastal Cruiser. | 22 July 2017

Nice TT. If you will be keeping up that page I could just turn this post into a link pointing to your M3 page. For folks (like me) who were unaware of it.

If you'd like.

georgehawley.fl.us | 22 July 2017

No. Keep it a secret.;-))

TeslaTap.com | 22 July 2017

Happy to help and no problem with pointing people to that page. Yep, I'll be keeping the page up to date as we learn new info. I'm in the forum daily trying to keep track of all the latest info! Getting harder to do with number of changes at Tesla!

Check. Roger and out for now.

"Gee I love that kind of talk".
- Ensign Parker

SamO | 22 July 2017

@Coastal_Cruiser,

May I suggest that this be the landing thread for Model 3 fact thread. Edit the OP and place @TeslaTap's link, but keep the thread name. We are less than 1 week away from launch and details galore.

That would keep it in good hands.

jamorfin | 22 July 2017

Thumbs up !!!

KP in NPT | 22 July 2017

We have a similar thread on the S forum that we keep on the page 1 (or try.) It's TT's Owner's Manual Companion and basic forum info. And yes we'd planned on doing the same for the 3 once it's out. :)

noleaf4me | 22 July 2017

Sounds like a done deal....

SamO: check

KP: if you want me to post that link here once it's created then just let me know.

hmgolds | 24 July 2017

I think this would be great. But I'd like to see it limited to actual, observable facts as opposed to predictions, conjecture, or subjective opinion.

Nexxus | 25 July 2017

This just in the facts will be available on Friday! F to the fourth power - Factual Freakin Friday Forum! Well, maybe Saturday for us East Coasters.

Way to go TT +1.

ReD eXiLe ms us | 25 July 2017

Nexxus: Plus aplenty for the FFFF!

georgehawley.fl.us | 25 July 2017

Some of the folks on this Forum should be working for the CIA, if they aren't already.

Doesn't look like there will be any surprises on Friday.

Nexxus | 26 July 2017

Thanks ReD eXile ms us. What I would find really appealing would be if they were to deliver the first 30 on Friday and announce they already had the next 50 - 100 built and ready to deliver over the weekend. We'll see...

NKYTA | 26 July 2017

Should it be titled "3OMC"?

;-)

andy.connor.e | 26 July 2017

Most useless information ever. How hard is it to wait to know the truth.

Coastal Cruiser. | 27 July 2017

OP has been updated to include a summary of the tax credit. Please advise of omissions/mistakes.

SUN 2 DRV | 27 July 2017

"Example #1: Tesla sells the 200,000th vehicle on March 25th, 2018:
• Full credit for all sales to the end of the quarter, plus the next quarter; March 25th, 2018 - June 30th, 2018.
• 50% credit for all sales from July 1st, 2018 - September 30th, 2018.
• 25% credit for all sales from October 1st, 2018 - December 31th, 2018."

The 50% and 25% periods you show are too short, they each should be TWO quarters, ie 6 months each. And so the number of TOTAL days is 463.

Coastal Cruiser. | 27 July 2017

Thanx SUN 2 DRV! Fixed.

Coastal Cruiser. | 29 July 2017

Updated tax credit info. Added links to Model 3 reveal reviews.

Coastal Cruiser. | 30 July 2017

sticky bump

NKYTA | 30 July 2017

Bump

Coastal Cruiser. | 2 August 2017

sticky bump

Coastal Cruiser. | 3 August 2017

sticky bump

Coastal Cruiser. | 4 August 2017

Rutrow | 5 August 2017

Here's Teslanomics twit-graph.

https://twitter.
com/teslanomicsco/status/893932875170455552

Coastal Cruiser. | 6 August 2017

Coastal Cruiser. | 7 August 2017

Red, agreed. And that's why I just bumped this one. And in spite of the fact that I feel weird every time I bump my own post, it's simply to get the core information brought forward for those newcomers.

Wouldn't mind a little help though. ;>

Bump early. Bump often.

ReD eXiLe ms us | 7 August 2017

Coastal Cruiser: One thing to keep in mind is that the IRS uses the term 'calendar quarter' in regard to the Federal EV Tax Credit. So...

JAN | FEB | MAR
APR | MAY | JUN
JUL | AUG | SEP
OCT | NOV | DEC

chris.pribe | 14 August 2017

bump

Coastal Cruiser. | 14 August 2017

ReD, thank you for that reminder. I updated the text to include that language. Examples are still valid to the best of my knowledge.

J.T. | 15 August 2017

@Coastal_Cruiser As long as you're supplying good information, which you are, don't feel the least bit weird about bumping your own thread.

I used to feel the same way when I started the OMC until I realized that most of the info had been contributed by others and that my thread was actually "our" thread. So, I bumped it and then others cauight on and now NKYTA is the OP of the How To Use thread and he bumps it when necesssary.

SamO | 15 August 2017

+1 J.T.

Coastal Cruiser. | 15 August 2017

Sounds good, but now that Simply Red has started a similar thread it might make sense to condense the two into one.

I would suggest that Simply Red entertain the idea of inserting whatever pieces of this OP would fit into his OP, and keep that thread bumped.

Perhaps pull in the tax stuff? I didn't spot anything on that in Tesla Tap's content yet.

And maybe include some kind of invitation to new folks to start with the OMC thread.

??

J.T. | 15 August 2017

Bump

Coastal Cruiser. | 3 April 2018

2018 bump!

Coastal Cruiser. | 15 April 2018

Updated with a suggested strategy for dealing with trolls.

georgehawley.fl.us | 15 April 2018

My 2017 federal income tax comes due on Tuesday. I will be so happy to claim my $7500 credit next year at this time.:-))

Xerogas | 15 April 2018

Thanks for the update, @Coastal. May I suggest another option to add to your section on dealing with trolls? Installing TFES makes it easier to ignore the trolls, because one is less tempted when their drivel doesn’t even appear in the browser in the first place!

Coastal Cruiser. | 15 April 2018

Thanx Xerogas! Can you provide a link or some info where/how to install it? I know it's a Chrome add-on (only?).

Coastal Cruiser. | 17 April 2018

Updates:
Added TOC
Deleted stale Model 3 review links, now that you can find reviews on every street corner (utube)

(Still need someone to post on how to find and install that Chrome thingy to block annoying posters.)

hongsenyu | 17 April 2018

Q. What date does the IRS use to determine the year the credit can be claimed?
- The date the title of the vehicle transfers to the original owner, as determined by state law.

If I have auto loan on my car, the loaner holds the title until I pay off the loan. Does that mean I need pay off the loan to qualify the tax credit?

If I have auto loan on my car, the loaner holds the title until I pay off the loan. Does that mean I need pay off the loan to qualify the tax credit?

No. Take the credit the year you a new car is registered in your name. :>

Perfect. Done.

kjones | 17 April 2018

If I buy a model 3 being sold by owner with less than 100 miles can i get a tax credit. are the owners gaming the system?

NO, and YES! Be afraid. Be very afraid.

Pages