Forums

Referral program not working?

Referral program not working?

I have owned a Tesla for 1.5y and made so far 9 referrals. I live in Finland. In this time I should have received 2 bags and 1 toy electric car. I have never been delivered 1 single prize. So at the moment I dont have very big expectations for the program. I have been in contact with a person called William Masterson, who says he is in charge of the referral program and he said he will be in contact with me about the bags and also that the electric car order code will arrive within 2 weeks of delivery of 1st referral. No code and no answer from this person, or the whole referral team or ServicehelpEU even though they should reply within 2-3 business days.

What is up? I dont understand. How can the most importaint marketing startegy work so poorly and why is a loyal customer treated like c$%p? I have mixed thoughts as the service and sales of Tesla in Finland are really wonderful with their customer service.

What are your experiences with the Tesla referral program? I am starting to doubt if it even exists, sorry to say.

patrick40363 | 16 October 2017

It isn't a well run program. It should be very simple to implement.

SO | 16 October 2017

It exists. You'll get what's owed in time.

Redmiata98 | 16 October 2017

Unless you live in Virginia or Ohio, which apparently does not apply in your case.

joemar10 | 16 October 2017

@Redmiata98
I'm one of the second class citizens of VA. Are you too? BTW, I have a friend with an older red Miata, but I don't think you're her.

Kiptesla | 16 October 2017

No, Finland, and I have owned a P85DL, P90DL and now a P100D. I dont own a red Miata.

Kiptesla | 17 October 2017

Finally today got an answer: regarding the Radio Flyer Model S for Kids Redemption Code, Program participants who have recently qualified for new rewards will begin receiving information related to redeeming their rewards over the coming weeks as we begin transitioning to the new rewards linked to referred orders placed on or after September 28th, 2017. We expect this change to be completed by the end of October. In the mean time, we will not be distributing any redemption codes or other reward emails.

So it is on hold :(. However, the good news is that I will be getting my first prize, a carry-on expedited.

Kiptesla | 17 October 2017

Finally today got an answer thanks to the wonderful Finnish sales team: regarding the Radio Flyer Model S for Kids Redemption Code, Program participants who have recently qualified for new rewards will begin receiving information related to redeeming their rewards over the coming weeks as we begin transitioning to the new rewards linked to referred orders placed on or after September 28th, 2017. We expect this change to be completed by the end of October. In the mean time, we will not be distributing any redemption codes or other reward emails.

So it is on hold :(. However, the good news is that I will be getting my first prize, a carry-on expedited.

malmklang5 | 17 October 2017

I've never tried this programm but I heard about it about one of my friends. Yeah, it works but not so effective as it could be, that's why my friends was dissapointed with it. So I can't recommend you to use it too.

lasse | 18 October 2017

I love this program and spend A LOT of time referring friends and family. My neighborhood knows me as "Mr. Tesla" and every time someone is buying a Tesla, they refer to me.

Numbers from DMV in Norway are official, so I also made a site that shows how many Teslas is being registered every day, month and year in Norway. I've seen that the media actually use this site when they refer to Tesla registrations :)

http://teslastats.no/

I have referred over 50 people since they startet the referral program and I'm at 17 on the current program. I should have gotten a lot of stuff, but only received: The Founder Model X, 2 carry ons, one jacket, 22" rims and Tesla flyer. It sounds like a lot, but it should be almost the double. And if you send them email there is no answer :(

But, I did get the Radio Flyer: https://youtu.be/vPdoclkZfh0

SO | 18 October 2017

I don’t know of any other car manufacturer that gives you a free vehicle and gifts by referrals. We sure are spoiled.

Of course then tesla has to deal with the constant barrage of this BS from dealers.

http://www.thedrive.com/sheetmetal/14328/tesla-referral-program-prompts-...

inyoungcho0 | 19 December 2017

I didn't get my wall charger either, I didn't even get an email from them. I visited the shop, and told me to send an email to referral program email, I sent an email, but didn't hear back. I called the support number, the lady told me that I should have got an email, but I didn't. She was going to follow up in a week, that was Dec 9. I haven't got any email. I tried to call the support number, I am always on hold more than 30 minutes. I am not sure what I need to claim my referral prize. Can any one have any suggestion?

reed_lewis | 19 December 2017

The wall charger in the current program does not go out until January (so that means Feb or March) ;) ...

https://www.tesla.com/support/referral-program

dh61957 | 21 December 2017

I am still trying to get a award from last year. No response to emails. Anyone have another suggestion? I agree, this is poorly done. Also, my app does not show any awards, although I have had 2 deliveries this round, with 3 more to go.

ohreds77 | 5 May 2018

Use my referral code for Free Unlimited SuperCharging on Model X or S https://www.tesla.com/referral/devon6865

SCCRENDO | 6 May 2018

Hey Devon go away. You are a douchebag
https://www.tesla.com/referral/devon.douchebag6685

dmm1240 | 13 May 2018

bump

SCCRENDO | 13 May 2018

I just got my 3rd referral the non douchebag way. It offers you an early access token for a solar roof. What kind of a award is that?? I have 13 kw of panels on my roof plus a solar heater for my pool.

dmm1240 | 13 May 2018

Bump

dmm1240 | 13 May 2018

Bump

sawme | 30 June 2018

I keep emailing and no response either. It says 14 days from the time the referral picked up their car. It's been months. Weird. Not a good experience.

Getting Amped Again | 19 February 2019

I have the awards notifications in my app but the redemption codes show up as "*****". I've emailed the referral program team. Has anyone else experienced this? I have until 2/28 to use these codes.
Thank you.

phickox | 25 February 2019

I have the same issue! Here it is 3 days remaining and my code is still all stars. I have emailed referralprogram@tesla.com several times with NO response.

tj99vx | 27 June 2019

I referred a friend who use the link in front of a Tesla rep at one of the Tesla stores order the car and he and I never receive the free supercharging. The Referral team said they don't show he used the link and that there is nothing they can do about it. I love my car but there customer service is one of the worst.