Forums

how to add my tesla to app

how to add my tesla to app

how i can add my tesla to ios mobile app?

Vawlkus | 14 November 2017

Log into the app. Assuming your car is linked to your Tesla account, it will be there already.

SURESHKUMAR10202013 | 14 November 2017

If you are a new Owner. It will take at least 2 business days to get logged in.

tigerkc | 14 November 2017

You need to take ownership of the car to sign in. I was able to sign in after signing the papers at the (Fremont) delivery hub.

teslamodelx | 14 November 2017

Open you App Store on your iPhone, type in Tesla, download the red Tesla app and sign in with the same credentials you sign in to your Tesla account on the web and your MX (I assume) will appear on your IOS device.

Vawlkus | 15 November 2017

Oh, you also need to enable app access on the car itself. Tesla disables app access when a car is in their possession so their techs can work undisturbed.

jacs_b1 | 20 May 2018

How if I bought my Tesla at a 3rd party company, how do I link my Tesla to my account? Tesla should add a link on their website where we can simply enter my Tesla’s VIN and activate it there or even better add it on the app for new Tesla owners.

bob | 20 May 2018

@ jack_b1 -- it's for your protection that you can't do that. All I need is your VIN to take control of your car... not a good idea. Tesla will add your car to your account. You just need to prove you own it. You need to provide a Bill of Sale and a copy of the registration for the vehicle to be added to the MyTesla account. Email or call Tesla, they will walk you through the process. As I recall when we did this a couple years ago Tesla even contacted the seller to confirm release of the car.

shirj.786 | 25 September 2018

i just got one from a third party dealer and when i try to log in the app it says, there are no product linked to your account... should i wait for coupla weeks?

jjgunn | 25 September 2018

No you need to contact Tesla - they can add the car to your app assuming you can prove it's yours.

swarnkalsi | 19 November 2018

I have model 3 linked with Bluetooth to my iPhone X but it wouldn’t let me use the phone as a key. When I go to Tesla app on my phone, after entering my ID and P/w it tells me there is no car associated with the account. The phone key was working fine until yesterday but it won’t work anymore. The car is registered in my son’s name - could this be a problem? Frustrating experience. Tesla helpline has 50 min wait.

hpjtv | 19 November 2018

Recently bought a Model X from a private party. Tesla needs vehicle registration and a colour copy of your drivers license to add vehicle to your account. Both items need to match.

hpjtv | 19 November 2018

@swarnkalsi if the car is not registered to you, why would it be in your app? Why don’t you log in using your son’s credentials. I see nothing frustrating about your situation.

snav | 21 November 2018

How do I get someone from Tesla on the phone? I have had my car for a week and they have not added my car to my mytesla account. I have emailed the company twice and the sales and delivery teams can’t seem to get anyone’s attention. Feeling very frustrated and like the company doesn’t care. !

jjgunn | 21 November 2018

Go to a Tesla service center or a Tesla showroom.

They will help you.

loullew101 | 21 December 2018

We have a model s but it’s a company lease. It was originally leased by our business partner through our company, however he got a model x and we got the S. however as he originally set the lease up we can’t access the mobile app.
How can we resolve this, with the least amount of hassle?

Triggerplz | 21 December 2018
jimglas | 26 February 2019

this whole thread has turned to spam, FLAGGED

jimglas | 1 March 2019

flagged

jimglas | 3 March 2019

how can this be worth your time?
Nobody is stupid enough to click on those links
Flagged

brickjerr | 22 May 2019

Open you App Store on your iPhone, type in Tesla, download the red Tesla app and sign in with the same credentials you sign in to your Tesla account on the web and your MX will appear on your IOS device. Check this for more apps.
https://cracko.org/change-your-youtube-name/

LarryRead51 | 20 June 2019

I’m desperate. I bought a Tesla from a outside dealer not thru Tesla. I’ve submitted all the necessary items to prove ownership to the email support@tesla.com
No response. I even went to a Official Tesla dealer and was told to call the number. I have.. and there is no option for connecting my car to my account. The call told me to go to the web. I can’t use the app or my extended warranty or anything. I feel like I’m being punished for buying the car from someone other than an official Tesla dealer. I absolutely love my car but so far the support severely lacks.
Can anyone help...

Vawlkus | 20 June 2019

It’s all in the mothership, only Tesla can set that up.

jjgunn | 20 June 2019

Go BACK to the showroom. Ask for a manager or an owner advisor. They can help you. Don't take "no" for an answer. They can help.

jjgunn | 20 June 2019

Be prepared to show your account online & all necessary proof that you are in fact the actual owner.

fluncheon | 19 July 2019

Hey LarryRead51: Was the manager at the showroom able to help. I've been waiting for over a week for any kind of response.

jomohr90 | 7 August 2019

I am having the same problem. I can't get any response from Tesla. There is no customer support phone number I can call to talk to a person. It is just a online request to have someone contact me. Anyone have any luck here??

barker | 8 August 2019

I recently purchased a used Model X from the original owner. I emailed support a copy of my registration, Tesla account username, pic of drivers license, a copy of my bill of sale, and a copy of the title signed by me and the original owner to prove that I bought it from the first owner and not some dealer. I sent all this in about 10 pm one night last week, the Model X showed up in my app about noon the next day.