Forums

Hang Out Thread

Hang Out Thread

This is the official BS hang out thread :) There are times you just want to talk, or say what is up, or just connect with other X owners on a level other than just the X. We used to do this on Silvers Referral thread, but that got flagged away, and I miss my space to BS with others and have some fun.

So come and enjoy and share your fun times with us all.

If there are several that think this is wasting space, please speak up and we can discuss removing it too. I don't want to create a problem with others that feel it should not be here, but as there are not 20 new posts each day on this X side (at least not yet) I didn't see the harm of having a hang out post.

Again, please if you think this should disappear, I will delete it. I just miss having places to not detract from others posts but yet connect with other owners and have fun :)

nwfan | 30 August 2018

Driving X P100 this weekend. 1st time driving an X.
Will it fit in my garage? My S does.

I did test drive P3D+. Don't know if it's worth the 25k
bump over my RWD 3. After watching lilbean video
I had to drive for myself. Matched speed of my S100D
0-60. P3D handling superior and smaller. S quieter.
Since I'm not driving the P3D on a track don't see
any reason to upgrade. If I want to zoom, I'll drive my S.

bob | 31 August 2018

If I recall correctly the MX is a couple inches wider and longer than a MS. But no more than 6” either way.

nwfan | 1 September 2018

Fits and charging using my self generated electricity (solar).

White p100d with white seats and 56 Miles.

Out come of my overnight? Properly looking at p3d. Like all the additional acceleration. But not the size, doors or efficiency.

jjgunn | 1 September 2018

Damn - that's so cool.

Wish I had a house with solar & 2 PowerWalls

Glad the X fits. Thing is a yacht, ain't it?!?!

nwfan | 1 September 2018

7 seater. Surprising how big.
Turning back in and picking up my S.

If Tesla can make a fair trade in offer on my RWD 3 i’ll Be driving P3D in a couple months.

Do love the white interior and perforated seats. Front windshield impressive. But with no kids it’s a bit much for me.

PXChanel | 2 September 2018

Hi everyone,
I’ve been gone for a while, but now I am back. Today I sold my MX90D to Carmax and picked up my MX100D. We needed the extra range for road trips and wanted to take advantage of the Federal tax credit before it expires. We chose the smaller 20” this time to maximize the range. I never got over my range anxiety on road trips with our first MX, so hopefully I’ll be more relaxed now. We called Tesla in July with questions about the 50% buy back guarantee, thinking of planning for that option next year when the car would’ve been 3 y/o, but instead of answering our questions by phone they sent a sales agent to our home the following weekend in a new MXP100D AP 2.0 to show us. He showed us the new changes on it from our AP 1.0 model and told us about the advantages of trading it in sooner rather than later (free supercharging and tax credit). Free supercharging for life ended the day after we placed our order and is now only available with a referral code. We ended up ordering the new one on the spot. It was built in 5-6 weeks! Much faster than our first MX, for which we waited almost 4 years from reservation to delivery, 6 months from order to delivery. Carmax offered us about $8K more than Tesla did for trade-in, even though Tesla’s offer was slightly above 50% of original price in keeping with their promise of 50% buy back guarantee at 3 years (56%). Delivery went great again, but this time we got no grab bag, no mug, no umbrella. I was surprised that now in Fremont, the delivery hub is not at the Factory itself but at a dedicated facility a few miles down the road from the Factory. They are making so many deliveries daily now that they couldn’t fit in the previous space at the Factory. It’s a great sign that Tesla is growing. Most cars were M3s and MSs, with the minority MXs. Our drive home was great. All the controls are the same so we quickly set up our settings, unlike the first time where we had to slowly learn about all the features, and some of the features were not available at first but appeared little by little over software updatesit’s nice that they are all there now. I was surprised to see that there were no controls for the seats in the touchscreen. All controls for the 2nd row seats are now manual (7 seater), but the good thing is that it folds down flat. The back of the seats are no longer the shiny plastic that got scratched easily, but seems like a leatherette material. Our front door hinges work smoother than our previous one. Even though we had those replaced, they still sometimes acted up. The falcon wing doors move faster, about twice as fast, and make less noise. We have less wind noise, zero actually. The visors work very smoothly compared to our visors in the first one which were pretty hard to separate the magnets to move them. All the exterior panels fit perfectly, no millimeters off this time. All in all, after owning the car for about 12 hours, we are pretty happy with it. I hope things stay this way. If anyone else is thinking of trading in, I would say go for it before tax credit expires.

jimglas | 2 September 2018

90 to 100 seems a minor increase in range, but glad you are happy with your new MX. How much battery degradation did you have in your M90D over the 2.5 years?

Silver2K | 2 September 2018

Triggerplz | August 27, 2018
Silver, week old late ass reply
--------------------------

better late than never :)

lilbean | 2 September 2018

Busy with work, @Silver?

@jimglas
Degradation: 100% charge in MX 90D only 240 miles down from 257
90% charge only 224

jjgunn | 2 September 2018

90% charge on 100D is about 266. ~40 miles is a lot of range even though it doesn't sound like it.

My range Anxiety lasted about 1 day. I live about 9 miles away from a SuperCharger & have about 4 more SuCh stations near my job with free charging at work.

Not a lot of SuperChargers where you live? I'm fortunate to have many SuCh's on my usual routes.

No, nearest SuCh to me is ab 15 mi on the other side of town out of my way to anywhere I go on a daily basis. I suspect Tesla Motors planned it this way since most Tesla owners live on this side of town, they probably wanted to put the SuCh closer to the interstate/Highway and further away from the residential areas. It is only useful for road trips. I always felt I needed just a few more miles of range in my previous MX to get to where I was going without needing to charge but stopped anyway to have comfortable buffer. I feel I will have a bigger buffer now since I also downgraded to 20” in tires, despite my husband’s chagrin. I felt the previous 22” were a huge drag on our range and not worth the look to me. I really cannot tell the difference by 20” and 22” unless to cars are right next to each other.

Triggerplz | 3 September 2018

Lilbean I think it was Boondocks post where I first saw that symbol

burdogg | 3 September 2018

@jimglas - actually 40 more miles is a huge help - at least for us it would be :) Our main trip to see family - we have to cross a supercharger wasteland :) I have talked about it before, but between two of the superchargers on the route, it is 220 miles. This forces us to stop at the one supercharger for 1 full hour to charge up close to full (250 of the 257) so we can make it to the other supercharger. On a trip that is already 7.5 hours without charging - this does NOT help. Adding 40 more miles, would speed that trip up by 1 hour (going from 9.5 hour to 8.5). Well worth it to us, but I just don't see us taking the hit on the trade in and then upgrade :)

Triggerplz | 3 September 2018

Burdogg it sounds like you agreeing and disagreeing with jimglas :-)

https://imgur.com/a/A0L7hSO

lilbean | 3 September 2018

Maybe. But he probably got it from SamO.

jimglas | 3 September 2018

Got What?

lilbean | 3 September 2018

This ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

rdfbsmith | 4 September 2018

San Antonio Tesla owners let's see if we can set up a Tesla meet and greet at the Tesla Dealer.

bob | 4 September 2018

@rdf. National meet and greet in San Antonio https://driveelectricweek.org/event.php?eventid=1234

Silver2K | 6 September 2018

lilbean | September 2, 2018
Busy with work, @Silver?
-----------------------------------

Si

Triggerplz | 6 September 2018

O Boy here's Silver a day late and a dollar short once again :-)

Triggerplz | 6 September 2018
Triggerplz | 8 September 2018
bob | 9 September 2018

Looks like Trig is talking to himself

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

lilbean | 9 September 2018

Haha!

Silver2K | 9 September 2018

Trig is a weirdo :)

Triggerplz | 9 September 2018
Triggerplz | 9 September 2018

INTERESTING!!!! What happens when a Tesla is driven down hill and the battery is full..
This is a really good question, and it affects not only Teslas but hybrids like the Prius that use regenerative braking.

When the battery tops off, regenerative braking is disabled. On a Tesla (any model), a warning light appears on the display, because the driver needs to know that the feel of the brakes is going to be different. With no energy being taken out of the car through the electromagnetic damping of regenerative braking, you suddenly need to press the brakes like you would on a typical non-EV, non-hybrid car, because you are actually using good old-fashioned friction to slow down the car. Disks and brake pads. It can be disconcerting if you don’t notice the warning on the display because suddenly having to press harder on the brake makes you feel like your brakes are failing, though of course they aren’t.

All EVs use regenerative braking first, but if the battery is full or if you brake hard, the conventional braking system kicks in.

jlmuinonen | 10 September 2018

Our poor month old X is getting a new battery! We got a "reduced acceleration contact Tesla when convenient" notice. Had so little power it was hard to get home. Called tesla, they remote linked into the car and decided to tow it 400km to the SC. Battery has a fault in it, so it is being replaced this week. Got a S100D loaner as a replacement. Holy heck that car is FUN! I mean I love my X....but the S is so zippy. Tesla has taken care of things well. Great experience with the SC so far.

Silver2K | 11 September 2018

Trig, did you just realize that????

Triggerplz | 11 September 2018

@Silver I see BJ's Wow

If you have a sad and lonely pony, I know someone that will make him happy

Awww Hell Naw

:)

bob | 11 September 2018

I laughed. thx. Silver

lilbean | 11 September 2018

That’s how I feel right now. Somebody shoot me!

@lilbean as you requested
https://imgur.com/a/ajpKI

lilbean | 11 September 2018

Aww. Thanks. I feel better now. :)

O Boy :-)

Silver2K | 12 September 2018

Kiss-asses!

Triggerplz | 12 September 2018

Jealous :-)

Maybe!

Drove the p3d today.

Nice all around car, but steering wheel feels very small and due to it being spring, I feel everything. The performance and white interior is very nice also.

I wouldn't buy it after owning a model s with air. I would change my mind if they added air option

@Silver Judging from all the hollering Lil Bean was doing while driving it, it doesn't drive like a dream it drives like a wet dream

Lol!

burdogg | 12 September 2018

@Silver - yeah, my wife doesn't care for the Model 3 steering wheel - she likes the bigger X and S one.

Lilbean what ever happened to your waiting on the 5 seater buddy that use to say
May twoth is he still alive? Not that I wanna talk him up

Pages